What are we Reading?

Comments

• Reply 121 of 149
    turnwriteturnwrite Posts: 372member
    Just finished Dangerous Visions by Harlan Ellison. Great anthology of disturbing sci-fi stories.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstranathan View Post

Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard.

Scientology?
  • Reply 122 of 149
    jaimelajaimela Posts: 1member
    Another Roadside Attraction by Tom Robbins. Classic sarcasm at it's best! Only for those who are into fiction.
  • Reply 123 of 149
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Falling Man by Don DeLillo.
  • Reply 124 of 149
    I didn't see any point in starting a NEW thread ... so maybe this one will continue.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/fool...67417447?mt=11

"Fool Me Twice" by Shawn Otto

Very interesting read ... in some ways, a bit of a treatise on why our politicians are failing us.
  • Reply 125 of 149
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Wasn't too impressed by Catch 22, if that's what you mean by classic sarcasm...

And I bet I'll get a lot of response to that comment.

A great classic is Catcher in the Rye by Salinger. It pertains to what life is about.
  • Reply 126 of 149
    i'm reading SWAMPLANDIA
  • Reply 127 of 149

I am currently reading Pet Sematary by Stephen King. I am on page 120 and so far am enjoying it a lot. I recommend it.

• Reply 128 of 149
    "Genius: The Life and Scienc of Richard Feynman", by James Gleick
  • Reply 129 of 149
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    "Genius: The Life and Scienc of Richard Feynman", by James Gleick

Loved that one! Read it twice... His autobiography is good too ("Surely You're Joking...") but it was the main source for Genius, so there is quite a bit of overlap...
  • Reply 130 of 149

Heroes of olympus, have finished both books so far awaiting next book in series, have also read Time Riders series but I keep on forgetting the author.

I have also read "The messenger of truth" and "An irish countrymen doctor" by Patrick Taylor.

• Reply 131 of 149

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins... I know I'm way behind to read this trilogy... but still, better late than never... :)

• Reply 132 of 149

I like to read the "Fifty Shades of Grey". But, I am only done with the chapter 1... I really find it cute and romantic though people labeled it as some erotic story.

• Reply 133 of 149

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePlaque View Post

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins... I know I'm way behind to read this trilogy... but still, better late than never... :)

I haven't read that story but someone told me that it has a nice plot.

• Reply 134 of 149

Just started reading Game of Thrones. Hard to get into.   :)

• Reply 135 of 149

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Catch-22 is a satirical and historical novel by the American author Joseph Heller. I have read the synopsis and i agreed with you!

• Reply 136 of 149

Quote:

Catch-22 is a satirical and historical novel by the American author Joseph Heller. I have read the synopsis and i agreed with you!

• Reply 137 of 149

Quote:

• Reply 138 of 149
    fatusmiles wrote: »
    Catch-22 ... I have read the synopsis and i agreed with you!

Read the whole story before you make your judgement... A "synopsis" is NOT the story the author wrote.

(even if you still don't like it, you'll have broadened your intellectual horizons.)
  • Reply 139 of 149

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Read the whole story before you make your judgement... A "synopsis" is NOT the story the author wrote.

(even if you still don't like it, you'll have broadened your intellectual horizons.)

If i find the synopsis boring then what will i expect for the whole story??? I won't waste my time for that. Synopsis is the best way an author let the people read their stories.

• Reply 140 of 149

Apple Mac's Indesign.

It's about time