MacBook x3100 benchmarks

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I ran XBench 1.3 and Cinebench R10 on my new MacBook 2.0GHz x3100 with 1GB RAM.

I submitted the XBench results to their site, and other x3100 tests are starting to show up there. The short answer is that the x3100s score about 21+/- on the OpenGL test.

For Cinebench, on the OpenGL Standard it scored from 2026 to 2093 on several runs.

- Jasen.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Excellent, thanks for running those.

The XBench one looks a little odd but it's been known to show odd benchmarks on newer chipsets. My GMA 950 in a Mac Mini gets a score of 180-190 in the XBench 1.3 OpenGL test and it says 236 frames/sec.

The Cinebench 10 one looks more promising and close to what I was expecting from the upgrade. My GMA comes out at 600-700 on the OpenGL standard test, which means the x3100 has nearly a factor of 3 performance improvement over the older GMA chipset, which I'd say is a decent upgrade.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    So tell me, how good is the new X3100 graphic card for let say, 3D Designing and gaming usage? I heard its on par with Nvidia 6 Series? and will upgrading your Ram to 2-4GB helps the graphic performance?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post

So tell me, how good is the new X3100 graphic card for let say, 3D Designing and gaming usage?

Here you go:

High resolution gaming

Pro graphics

Low resolution gaming

Keep your Kleenex close, you will need them to wipe your teardrops. \ On a positive note though, in many cases it is a nice update over the previous GMA 950, if that's what interests you.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Keep your Kleenex close, you will need them to wipe your teardrops. \ On a positive note though, in many cases it is a nice update over the previous GMA 950, if that's what interests you.

The scores will hopefully improve as Apple gets their driver issues fixed. Still, some of those results show the x3100 will make the difference between a game being playable or not. Even though 15fps to 25fps doesn't seem like a lot, it will make a world of difference playability wise to some games.

Not nearly enough to make it more worthwhile to buy a new Macbook instead of a used Macbook Pro though. A consistent factor of 3 improvement over the GMA would have been.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The scores will hopefully improve as Apple gets their driver issues fixed.

Do we know that there still are driver issues?

Quote:

Still, some of those results show the x3100 will make the difference between a game being playable or not. Even though 15fps to 25fps doesn't seem like a lot, it will make a world of difference playability wise to some games.

Yes, 25 fps is quite low, but not far away from doulbe 15 fps. And yes, it can make a game playable.

Quote:

Not nearly enough to make it more worthwhile to buy a new Macbook instead of a used Macbook Pro though. A consistent factor of 3 improvement over the GMA would have been.

Next Macbook iteration probably.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Hmm, the improvements is okay over the GMA. What is Kleenex? Guess I would get a MacBook in the future cause I can now do some 3D Designing using WinXP (I hate Vista) and play some games and at the same time do some photo editing or websites using Mac OS.

Since I decided not to be a heavy gamer, as long as I can play MMORPG such as WoW, I dont mind bout the graphics card. Oh yeah my question hasnt been answered yet. If I understand, Inter Integrated card uses your MacBook RAM rite? So can I increase the RAM usage? because if Im getting a MacBook, its likely Im going to upgrade the RAM to the max
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post

What is Kleenex?

Something like that for example.