The AI vice-prez office pool

Posted:
in PoliticalOutsider edited January 2014
There will probably be announcements soon, for sure within the next few weeks. So put your predictions here. The winners will get all the glory that an internet forum can provide.

My guesses.

Obama: Bayh from Indiana

McCain: Portman from Ohio

Comments

• trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,255member
    Obama: I have no idea and frankly, don't care.

McCain: I'm pulling for Sarah Palin. I think she would by far, be the best choice. It would earn my vote.
  • @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
    The only one who could save McCain's wrinkly ass would be Mitt Romney. Really, he'd have the election in the bag. Colostomy bag that is.
  • outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Obama: Webb. (He can actually help bring home VA in November)

McCain: So basically we're picking the president for the final 2 years of the term since McCain will likely succumb to angry-old-man-exploding-head-disease shortly after he would be elected. Tim Pawlenty because he's young and conservative. Will appeal to the all important (for the Republicans) douche-bag demographic.

Bayh is interesting since he was a Clinton supported and may bring some stubborn Clinton supporters back into the fray.

John "Married a cunt" McCain choose a woman? heh, sure he will.
  • fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    I think Ron Paul will pick Dennis Kucinich

I crack me up

Fellows
  • shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Obama? Joe Biden.

McCain? No idea but praying for Romney.
    Webb is more likely than Bayh because Virginia is trending Democratic (Gov. Kaine, Sen. Webb, and most likely Sen. Mark Warner along with demographic trends). So it's safer to pick him. But Indiana isn't going anywhere. It has a Republican governor and a split Senate delegation. Why would we poach a red-state Senator and give up that seat? Vice Presidents don't bring their home states to the table. Obama needs all the support in the Senate he can get to pass his agenda...
  • brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Webb is more likely than Bayh because Virginia is trending Democratic (Gov. Kaine, Sen. Webb, and most likely Sen. Mark Warner along with demographic trends). So it's safer to pick him. But Indiana isn't going anywhere. It has a Republican governor and a split Senate delegation. Why would we poach a red-state Senator and give up that seat? Vice Presidents don't bring their home states to the table. Obama needs all the support in the Senate he can get to pass his agenda...

Webb has definitively stated that he will not be a veep nominee.

You're right about losing Bayh from the Senate, but I chose him because he's about the safest, most boring choice possible for Obama. Then again, I always pick a number 1 seed in NCAA tournament pools too.
  • SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 24,240member
    I will pick my nose!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I will pick my nose!

That right there could bring Kentucky into your column.
  • progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Obama: I really like Wesley Clarke. I think he put his foot in his mouth a few weeks back, but I'd still like to see him.

McCain: Giuliani? I really have no idea.
  • addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,667member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

That right there could bring Kentucky into your column.

Hate filled elitist! I thought your Jesus Obama that you love so much you would gladly kill for him was all about the peace and love and walking on water and laying on of hands and raising the dead, but now we see the rage and ugliness lying just beneath the surface!

Terrifying.
    Quote:

You're right about losing Bayh from the Senate, but I chose him because he's about the safest, most boring choice possible for Obama. Then again, I always pick a number 1 seed in NCAA tournament pools too.

Yeah, good point. Although VA Gov. Kaine seems to be on the radar.
    Quote:

Minds can change and people can be persuaded.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

McCain? No idea but praying for Romney.

Why?

Fellows
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Hate filled elitist! I thought your Jesus Obama that you love so much you would gladly kill for him was all about the peace and love and walking on water and laying on of hands and raising the dead, but now we see the rage and ugliness lying just beneath the surface!

Terrifying.

Those are the type of comments Phil Gramm must have been talking about when he called us a nation of whiners.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Why?

Fellows

For Instant FAIL?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

For Instant FAIL?

Are we sure about that?

I actually think he would help McCain in a huge way.

Fellows
    Help him? Change his diapers? Maybe. But I think it would be off putting to lots of evangelicals. However, I agree it would help with on the fence independents and moderate republicans.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Help him? Change his diapers? Maybe. But I think it would be off putting to lots of evangelicals. However, I agree it would help with on the fence independents and moderate republicans.

I am no enemy to evangelicals and I have no problem with Romney being Mormon. I actually figure he would be more friendly to evangelicals than old McCain himself.

I also think that for many of the conservatives out there who are put off by the moderate nature of McCain Romney lends a bit of a conservative tilt to the ticket.

I could be wrong but this is just how I see it.

Ohh and.. we all know McCain speaks almost worse than our current president and like him or hate him Romney is very well spoken in front of a camera. Something McCain needs much help with so it seems....

Fellows
    Not all evangelicals are as progressive as you, Fellowship, and living in the not so deep south i have witnessed the "bible-thumpers" (mostly baptists, there is not many of those in the south, are there? ) put down Mormons and to them a Mormon is on the same level as electing a Muslim, Atheist, or god forbid one of those shifty Jews.