Apple releases iPhone Software 3.0

Comments

• Reply 61 of 380
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocolts18 View Post

It isn't detecting a new version and it won't let me restore.

close itunes, unplug iphone, reconnect iphone and relaunch itunes, it worked for me
  • Reply 62 of 380
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Well, I'm downloading it now. I'll wait on my wife and daughter's though, just in case there are problems.

Keeping my fingers crossed (figuratively!).

I've been using it since Beta 1. It's considerly more stable than the v2.0 you got lay year with your iPhones.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Come on Dev Team.

Ultrasn0w should be here soon, but I won't be able to use it until they find another hole in the new baseband. So far it's bot looking good for early adopters of v3.0 and 3GS users.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sortarican4711 View Post

i got the gold master last week and it says mine is already up to date

I've read that the version is 7a312, our GM version is 7a341.
  • Reply 63 of 380
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

Of course. The fact that I've been running all 3.0 beta builds since they each got released is unimportant. Your iPhone's installation health worries me more

This is real now. The developers builds were for just a small number of people comparatively. It's always different when a final release gets into the field. Some people may be interested in the procedure.

Besides, you must stop turning off your humor gene.

At any rate, while typing this, the bar finished, and the logo came back on by itself, and now another bar appeared.
  • Reply 64 of 380
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by imacman287 View Post

Is the 3.0 software update released today the same as the developer GM (7A341)?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

I downloaded 3.0 (Gold Master) last week and my build number is 7A341. Hope I didn't get gipped.

7A341 is the final build. If someone on here who downloaded 3.0 today wants to confirm, go right ahead.
  • Reply 65 of 380
    OMG iPhone 3.0 is SLOW on the 3G iPhone... hahaha it sucks
  • Reply 66 of 380
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mclarenf1 View Post

It keeps saying 2.2 is the current version....... sheeeesh\

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rybu0305 View Post

iTunes is still telling me 221 is current!

Do you have iTunes 8.2?
  • Reply 67 of 380
    roos24roos24 Posts: 170member
    Got it
  • Reply 68 of 380
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

How does that make sense? So, did last week's downloaders get a "better, newer" version, or did Apple find issues and scale back today's build?
  • Reply 69 of 380
    The download speed fluctuated but seemed to speed up at the end. Good Luck!
  • Reply 70 of 380
    No the 3.0 release version is (7A341)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I've been using it since Beta 1. It's considerly more stable than the v2.0 you got lay year with your iPhones.

Ultrasn0w should be here soon, but I won't be able to use it until they find another hole in the new baseband. So far it's bot looking good for early adopters of v3.0 and 3GS users.

• Reply 71 of 380
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roos24 View Post

Got it

where's the mouse in the cat & mouse game? :P
  • Reply 72 of 380
    I see in iTunes an option to encrypt back-up.

Waiting for the new progress bar to finish. Don't know what's happening, as there's no longer a window on the computer screen to say.
  • Reply 73 of 380
    mine was done in 8 mins..phone is doing first boot up now
  • Reply 74 of 380
    Just doesnt seem like its worht 9.99$ for my ipod touch to give me what? Landskape keyboard, copy and paste, and a better calander....
  • Reply 75 of 380
    Install is painfully slow however. Over 6 minutes now on 16GB iPhone. 80% done on install.
  • Reply 75 of 380
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Anyone feeling post-update depression yet?

Seriously, after all the hype, except for the (boring) voice memo app and Spotlight there is essentially no difference on the surface between 2.2.1 and 3.0. I knew this beforehand of course, but one can't help but feel a bit of a letdown when the reality of the very minor changes hits home.

One note:

The update doesn't activate the Apple in-ear headphones as some had expected. I know that Apple carefully never said these headphones would work with the iPhone, but I know a lot were expecting they would after the update.

They don't.
  • Reply 77 of 380
    filburtfilburt Posts: 398member
    Already found two bugs:
    1. App Store's custom icon order does not stick. I've rearranged to show Updates on as the 4th icon, but it reverts to "Featured", "Categories", Top 25", "Search", and "More" on subsequent launch.

2. Video playback (e.g., on iPod, YouTube) seems to use 100% of the CPU. Tapping the screen to bring up video playback control often takes several seconds, sometimes a lot longer.

• Reply 78 of 380
    Restarting iPhone. ....
  • Reply 79 of 380
    Well, this is taking some time. It's almost at the 50% point.
  • Reply 80 of 380
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Can someone check the build version number for me? I'm not sure if I need to update from the 3.0 GM seed to the 'release' version.

In iTunes, if you click the words "Software Version" with your iPhone highlighted, it should switch to the Build Version. Mine is showing build 7A341.

Thanks