TIME for apple's iphone to kick off the MVNO system ?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I RENAMED THE TITLE no one is posting ?? I THiNK THIS MAY BE GROUND BREAKING STUFF BUT MAYBE MY WRITING STYLE SUCKS ??>>>>>>>> >at least click the link and read the future

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...icleid/3429483

START QUOTE>>>

Apple may be SOON USING A PATENTED mobile virtual network operator...

Apple may be planning to write its own application that enables iPhone to operate in a constant roaming mode, with no real home network, but with the ability to connect to any wireless network. Apple is planning to become the mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) where it would buy or reserve minutes on all the networks and offer them directly to the iPhone owners. The phone or the users could manually or automatically select the best service level and price at any given time and place.

A quick look at Apple's (NASDAQ: AAPL: 169.06, -0.16) patent application called "Dynamic Carrier selection" filed on Oct.10 2006, reveals that Apple had been thinking along these lines even before the introduction of iPhone.

The device under the hood...>>>>>END QUOTE >>>>

Wow

I never even heard of this MVNO system before. Apple has a patent on it and it looks solid from the article I read above.

>Apple will for ever be free from carrier strings. Yes, no more ATT. And there is a lot more to this .

>Moment to moment lowest pricing/strongest signal .

>Data billed at far lower per second rates.

>And MVNO and makes it fair to the users who don;t use so much data. So lower bills for the masses. And the data hogs will have to pre buy large blocks of gig's to save money.

>No more contracts

>YES no more contracts of any kind

>Your nano phone will prompt you a rate or a range of allowable rates per call.

>Also large companies who use from dozens to thousands of phones can finally get a handle on very high data pricing, And they can account for every minute and therefore be able to make plans with apple a year ahead of time to pre-buy large blocks of data time.

Yes, DATA usage time futures would now be traded like a commodity .

>By 2015 From APPLES SLICE OF THE PIE they may be 500 million mac's >iphone>nano-phone> ipod-touch>itablet >ATV like data hungry devices out there.

>The MVNO and other progressive APPLE systems in concert with itunes will manage and satisfy the coming explosive Bandwidth/data download needs of these device's .

Go apple

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    samabsamab Posts: 1,953member
    Tracfone, Virgin Mobile US, Helio are all MVNO's.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samab View Post

Tracfone, Virgin Mobile US, Helio are all MVNO's.

APPLE SEEMS TO Have a patent ON a powewrful version of this MVNO SW. THE future looks good

Apple can be free from it all /
  • Reply 3 of 18
    i renamed the topic to get some readers and some posters here . ITS great article /

bump
  • Reply 4 of 18
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Don't MVNOs have to buy air time from the established major carriers? The end user might not have to deal directly with the major carriers, but they'll be using the carrier's networks.

I'm not sure how well hopping between carriers for high speed data would work in the US, all the major carriers have their own quirks as to what frequency or signal standard they use for fast data.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Don't MVNOs have to buy air time from the established major carriers? The end user might not have to deal directly with the major carriers, but they'll be using the carrier's networks.

I'm not sure how well hopping between carriers for high speed data would work in the US, all the major carriers have their own quirks as to what frequency or signal standard they use for fast data.

Did you read the article ? They could be a great benefit for carriers to make better use of under utilized air time Apple will have 4 or 5 way agreements between all the major domino's .

All parties involved stand to greatly increase revenue from mostly idle assets they already own .

I suspect that the data needs of all of apple's devices will explode and apple is now preparation for that great battle . . The server farms loom big in future bandwidth needs for all .

This will also open the door for a line up of low cost universal carrier-less nano phones completely controlled by apple including the billing . No more denied uses or apps .

just saying
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Did you read the article ? They could be a great benefit for carriers to make better use of under utilized air time Apple will have 4 or 5 way agreements between all the major domino's .

All parties involved stand to greatly increase revenue from mostly idle assets they already own .

I suspect that the data needs of all of apple's devices will explode and apple is now preparation for that great battle . . The server farms loom big in future bandwidth needs for all .

This will also open the door for a line up of low cost universal carrier-less nano phones completely controlled by apple including the billing . No more denied uses or apps .

just saying

Considering the fact that vodafone uk customer don't even get much of a discount roaming on vodafone's network in other countries --- what are the chances that they are going to give apple a good deal on under-utilized air time.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:

Considering the fact that vodafone uk customer don't even get much of a discount roaming on vodafone's network in other countries --- what are the chances that they are going to give apple a good deal on under-utilized air time.

I am not such an expert on all this . I only know what i read . bUT WITH APPLE'S MVNO PATENTED software >>>>>>

Apple can create a market place where telephone companies can submit air time and data minutes up for bidding on a 3 to 5 way exchange . Then maybe with apple as the gatekeeper we can lower the costs for you thru competion.

Make more money for the phone companies who get to sell under utilized capacity and apple bills you directly .

Your phone will choose minute by minute which carrier to use .

What will we lose ??

WE will lose all those myriad confusing false phone charges that no one understands .

With apple we will get A SIMPLE BILL.

Apple will to a point MIMIC how electricity is sold in america.

If this system works then apple can start to produce and sell its own un-used bandwidth on an open market place .

or maybe so much money is made by keeping all this stuff confusing that nothing will change .

• Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:

I am not such an expert on all this . I only know what i read . bUT WITH APPLE'S MVNO PATENTED software >>>>>>

Apple can create a market place where telephone companies can submit air time and data minutes up for bidding on a 3 to 5 way exchange . Then maybe with apple as the gatekeeper we can lower the costs for you thru competion.

Make more money for the phone companies who get to sell under utilized capacity and apple bills you directly .

Your phone will choose minute by minute which carrier to use .

What will we lose ??

WE will lose all those myriad confusing false phone charges that no one understands .

With apple we will get A SIMPLE BILL.

Apple will to a point MIMIC how electricity is sold in america.

If this system works then apple can start to produce and sell its own un-used bandwidth on an open market place .

or maybe so much money is made by keeping all this stuff confusing that nothing will change .

If you build it, they don't have to come.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:

If you build it, they don't have to come.

they don;t

they can call me on there nano phone
  • Reply 10 of 18
    This story may ne the biggest news for iphone future ina long while

yet no one cares ???

read the link ;

One day apple may be free of ATT .

Read it .

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...icleid/3429483
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

jeff read the article http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...icleid/3429483

This is big.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    verizon keeps pushing their network, where in this case it's the phone that is pushing cellular advances.

it's the iPhone and the resignation of that dingdong verizon ceo that said no to apple will be studied in business classes as one of the biggest business blunders of all time

verizon wants to sell the iPhone, heck everyone does

this makes sense

i don't care who the carrier is as long as i have an envelope pushing iPhone

this becomes the new apple paradigm the new apple universe

so long as it doesn't corrupt them to the point of a new M$

i think the future will also be "all in one plans" like boost, to bring the cost of a smartphone down
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Quote:

i renamed the topic to get some readers and some posters here . ITS great article /

bump

NVM. Thanks for making it clearer.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

verizon keeps pushing their network, where in this case it's the phone that is pushing cellular advances.

it's the iPhone and the resignation of that dingdong verizon ceo that said no to apple will be studied in business classes as one of the biggest business blunders of all time

this makes sense

i think the future will also be "all in one plans" like boost, to bring the cost of a smartphone down

Man you have some serious insight.

1. Huge blunder for Verizon? "will be studied in business classes as one of the biggest business blunders of all time"

Only by people with no common sense or foresight. Had Verizon taken the deal, Verizon's network, which is all they have going for them, would have been trashed by the traffic volume just like AT&T was, and everyone would HATE Verizon right now, just as everyone does AT&T.

Verizon has allowed AT&T to become the evil demon, and with exclusivity racing to an end, Verizon is in a great position to be part of the iPhone's future. In 10 years, Verizon will be indistinguishable from AT&T in terms of Apple-related success. In fact, this last few years could work to Verizon's ultimate victory over AT&T as primary iPhone carrier.

2. "i think the future will also be "all in one plans" like boost, to bring the cost of a smartphone down"

Gasp! Really? I think you're the first person to ever "think" of this.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

this makes sense

Verizon is making a lot more money without the iphone. Just look at the stock price for both Verizon and AT&T --- sure both have drop a lot for the last 2 years (especially with the economic environment that we have), AT&T's share price drop a lot more than Verizon's share price.

The only reason why Strigl is retiring is because he is number 2 at Verizon and the number 1 guy is YOUNGER than him. There is no way for him to get promoted to the top spot.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Man you have some serious insight.

1. Huge blunder for Verizon? "will be studied in business classes as one of the biggest business blunders of all time"

Only by people with no common sense or foresight. Had Verizon taken the deal, Verizon's network, which is all they have going for them, would have been trashed by the traffic volume just like AT&T was, and everyone would HATE Verizon right now, just as everyone does AT&T.

Verizon has allowed AT&T to become the evil demon, and with exclusivity racing to an end, Verizon is in a great position to be part of the iPhone's future. In 10 years, Verizon will be indistinguishable from AT&T in terms of Apple-related success. In fact, this last few years could work to Verizon's ultimate victory over AT&T as primary iPhone carrier.

2. "i think the future will also be "all in one plans" like boost, to bring the cost of a smartphone down"

Gasp! Really? I think you're the first person to ever "think" of this.

well thank you
  • Reply 17 of 18
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Quote:

Woah, someone needs to take a chill pill. No one is that excited about this because it's not new. Talk of an Apple MVNO goes back to 2005. See http://www.engadget.com/2005/07/08/a...eless-carrier/ and http://www.forbes.com/2005/07/08/app...0708apple.html

Additionally the patent was reviled early last year http://www.macrumors.com/2008/04/10/...d-possibility/

It's an interesting idea, but would require the hardware to do a lot more network negotiation, which might not be the best experience for the user. There are lots of questions on how a system like this would work. You'd need GSM and CDMA chips in the phone so it could switch networks, Also, how would it expand on an international level? Would the MVNO operate internationally or be segregated by country? If sprint is offering a low quality connection at a cheap price and verizon is offering a high quality connection for more which is the iphone going to choose? Do you want to choose your speed and price as you move to different regions? I'd think that would be a huge pain if you drove say 200 miles in a day. Would there be caps in place? If I'm in the backwoods of Vermont on vacation and there is only one provider in the area could they charge me $2 a minute?
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dogcow View Post

Woah, someone needs to take a chill pill. No one is that excited about this because it's not new. Talk of an Apple MVNO goes back to 2005. See http://www.engadget.com/2005/07/08/a...eless-carrier/ and http://www.forbes.com/2005/07/08/app...0708apple.html

Additionally the patent was reviled early last year http://www.macrumors.com/2008/04/10/...d-possibility/

It's an interesting idea, but would require the hardware to do a lot more network negotiation, which might not be the best experience for the user. There are lots of questions on how a system like this would work. You'd need GSM and CDMA chips in the phone so it could switch networks, Also, how would it expand on an international level? Would the MVNO operate internationally or be segregated by country? If sprint is offering a low quality connection at a cheap price and verizon is offering a high quality connection for more which is the iphone going to choose? Do you want to choose your speed and price as you move to different regions? I'd think that would be a huge pain if you drove say 200 miles in a day. Would there be caps in place? If I'm in the backwoods of Vermont on vacation and there is only one provider in the area could they charge me $2 a minute?

thank you for your kind words>>>all your conerns will nbe worked out by APPLE SW

And if the backwoods is weak signal area then apple will fix the problem . Apple as a gate keeper it would there mandate to have smooth system .Trust apple.

]

yes yes yes

all those headaches have been almost fixed

apple turned around and makes a every one in market place where the carriers bid for apple users minutes .

odd notes>> carriers have toms of underused blocks of phone.data time

> the system will only work if all the players join

>it will be 4/7g only

>it is modeled on the Chicago spot metal exchange

>we won;t see or feel a thing apple will be the gatekeeper

>the carriers will make triple of what they make now

Apple will be our straw carrier

MVDO system WILL BE OPEN to the world

except apple will have its exchange for its signed up mobile me clients tied to the PTV nanophone itouch iphone itablet and MBP devices

Other phone makers can do what they will /

The whole point is there is not as much signal overlap as we thought

and should we coNtinue to build 4 or 5 massive country wide fiber optic wired type systems to BLANKET on top of each other >>>

raising the price of all telecommunican's charges

Or use the MVDO which is more efficient .I have given a dumbed down version of what will be , A smarter person I hope can explain this better.

goals

efficient to the point that we all have streaming hulu country wide 24/7 on any device for a reg rate charge

no more dropped calls

we pay apple direct a check instead of being tied to a 2yr ATT contract .

SKYPE AND OTHER FrEE CALL WILL DIE A LITTLE BIT THEY will be almost free

Extremely cheap .

Old news

not to me I want to be the first to say goodbye AT&T

lets talk this up dudes