iPhone supply issues could make Apple disappoint on Wall Street

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

I wouldn''t go that far as I'm only mentioning one product.

NO Kool-aid but:

1,) No longer need to buy NY Times or borrow the office paper as the NY Times App gives me all of it right at my fingertips.

2.) No longer need to carry another camera around as the pics and video this takes are excellent and I can send them instantly.

3.) Can access all my emails from alll my accounts instantly. (This could have been accomplished with any smart phone granted).

4.) Can watch full length movies on it with a decent sized screen on Amtrak from NY to DC (which I frequently use)

No longer need to lug around a laptop as much.

So yes it has changed my life.

And you can do all of these things 1 app at a time. So did it also slow your productivity down? Wait. None of these are for productivity with the exception of email and you don't mind the movie your watching stopping if you have to reply to an urgent work email...

How's Hulu look on the iPhone? Wait you can't tell. You'll never have Flash on the iPhone.
  • Reply 22 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post

And you can do all of these things 1 app at a time. So did it also slow your productivity down? Wait. None of these are for productivity with the exception of email and you don't mind the movie your watching stopping if you have to reply to an urgent work email...

How's Hulu look on the iPhone? Wait you can't tell. You'll never have Flash on the iPhone.

I believe someone's taken to bashing teckstud for praise for Apple! In other news, Flash is a resource hog. Seriously, Hulu should be on an App for the iPhone, but then that would mean you wouldn't need cable or satellite. Heck, you wouldn't even need a IPTV subscription, if there are any in the US. Why pay for commercials on cable for 40+ bucks when you can get a few commercials for free on Hulu? But I wonder if content providers/networks would be happy with reduced revenues as a result of Hulu being on the iPhone

And someone's never used an iPhone before... why would you WANT to watch a movie while typing up a work email? You've be quoting the movie, not doing your work in the email. And secondly, I haven't seen any other phone do this... so I think you're just making up rubbish excuses for bashing.
  • Reply 23 of 49
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:

1.) Multi apps should happen by June 2009- I can wait. It's the device that takes preference for me more than that at this point.

2.) Why wouldn't I want the movie to stop if I picked up a call anyway- I would want to concentrate on the call.

3.) Hulu- no thanks - prefer my digital copies included with my blu-rays. Great quality and besides I would never want to depend on AT&T for streaming anything, especially when crossing state lines on a train.

Peace.

ps :Though Flash would be a nice addition but it's not killing me not to have it at this point.
  • Reply 24 of 49
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:

Amazing this 3GS is. Apple couldn't keep up with the demand with its 3GS supply. I know I love mine and I have recommended it to 2 newbees that also bought in. My friends with their 3G phones want them too. Just goes to show you to give the people what they want and they will buy in droves- Video, better camera, faster speed and better battery, more storage, and yes MMS. And of course the App store keeps on growing.

who are you and what have you done to teckstud?
  • Reply 25 of 49
    Just to add anecdotal evidence for supply shortages:

The introduction of iPhone 3GS was delayed both in Bulgaria and Greece by a month or so. I managed to buy one when it was finally introduced in early August. It was available from 2 carriers in Greece and one in Bulgaria. The Greek laws did not allow exclusivity so you could buy fully unlocked iPhone 3G/3GS without any contract. In Bulgaria the 3G was offered with two year contract only, but after the 3GS introduction you could buy any version from the exclusive carrier without a contract and request an unlock.

After few days the party was over. Currently, the only way to get the 3GS in Bulgaria is to sign a two year contract in order to be added to a waiting list. The estimated wait time is 1-2 weeks! The restrictions became harder than those for the 3G were initially, because a renewal of an existing contract will not make you eligible for the waiting list

Online checks suggest that the iPhone 3GS is not freely available in Greece either.
  • Reply 26 of 49
    what, my first post and no one else wants to comment?
  • Reply 27 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by InLine1 View Post

what, my first post and no one else wants to comment?

Relax, Dr Millmoss quoted you

Oh, and if you want to draw a bunch of comments, try tekstud style. No, not in this thread, see his post on other threads, there are lots of them
  • Reply 28 of 49
    Let me get this straight, Apple could get socked because the iPhone is so popular that their Chinese friends can't make enough of them?
  • Reply 29 of 49
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EUiPhoneUser View Post

Relax, Dr Millmoss quoted you

Oh, and if you want to draw a bunch of comments, try tekstud style. No, not in this thread, see his post on other threads, there are lots of them

Hey, take it easy on Teckstud ... this is the new and improved Teckstud ... I like it!
  • Reply 30 of 49
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    How can this be? The Pre was supposed to be the iPhone killer, or was that the Instinct?
  • Reply 31 of 49
    With the Palm Web OS and Android, I would wait another 12-18 months to say if they are failures or not.
  • Reply 32 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Let me get this straight, Apple could get socked because the iPhone is so popular that their Chinese friends can't make enough of them?

That's what's being implied here, though I'm not sure whether we're supposed to interpret this as a negative or a positive.
  • Reply 33 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Hey, take it easy on Teckstud ... this is the new and improved Teckstud ... I like it!

Don't get your hopes up, or hold your breath.

Some of us have been there before.... circa iPhone 3GS intro.
  • Reply 34 of 49
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

How can this be? The Pre was supposed to be the iPhone killer, or was that the Instinct?

No- it's the CLIQ and the Storm 2- haven't you heard?

http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20091014...phone-threats/
  • Reply 35 of 49
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Don't get your hopes up, or hold your breath.

Some of us have been there before.... circa iPhone 3GS intro.

Whatever it is, I'm going to enjoy it while lasts.
  • Reply 36 of 49
    Quote:

I know , I know - just not trying to go there so early in the morning. Besides that's more of an AT&T thing- elsewhere has it already.

for those who haven't had a chance to use tethering on an unjailbroken iphone, when you get it it you will find it brilliant. I love using bluetooth to connect my iphone to my macbook pro and then connecting the macbook pro to my wife's macbook air using direct pc-to-pc wifi connection and letting her share my internet link.
  • Reply 37 of 49
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:

Tech, I like your posts but if a PHONE can "Literally Change Your Life". You need to take a serious look at your life.

Actually it does change your life. For example I don't read the news paper anymore, iPhone is the first PDA that I've used for more than a few days ( got a stack of four of them), net access is always with me, I'm actually timely with E-Mails now and a bunch of other positive things come from iPhone.

Quote:

Please tell me Quadra 610 slipped some Kool Aid in your coffee this morning.

I didn't know they lived together but let me tell you using iPhone is the Kool Aid. Funny thing is the more you use the better that Kool Aid tastes. Note too I'm on a 3G model, newer phones are even better. Besides speed the only complaint my older model leaves me with is the amount of Flash storage available. I'm actually surprised that I use as many features as I do, it was not the pattern for older call phones.

Dave
  • Reply 38 of 49
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samanjj View Post

I love using bluetooth to connect my iphone to my macbook pro and then connecting the macbook pro to my wife's macbook air using direct pc-to-pc wifi connection and letting her share my internet link.

A helluva lot easier than letting her share your gf. I always seem to get a connection error when trying that.
  • Reply 39 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

A helluva lot easier than letting her share your gf. I always seem to get a connection error when trying that.

not sure what you mean? let me know the issue and maybe i can help
  • Reply 40 of 49
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samanjj View Post

not sure what you mean? let me know the issue and maybe i can help

Meh, I was making a joke. Didn't come out right. Ah well.