Apple looks to improve pen-based input on tablet touchscreens

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Dear Mr. Vinea,

We have detected anomalies in your sarcasm detecting unit. Please recycle the power by unplugging the unit for 30 seconds.

Thanks

I was wondering. Yah, I've been operating in a foreign timezone. Everything is off by 5 hours in the wrong direction.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    The accuracy the the handwriting with the finger for chinese characters looks nice and promising. I'm not impressed with the Pogo. I do not get the same results when using my pogo on the capacative screen of my HTC HD2. I definitely hope for apples sake it will not consider an option like the pogo as the standard voor pen-enabled inking in the iTablet! It would ruin the experience. I think they should pursue the direction of NTRIG with a tip pen enabled for a capacative screen. I also wish they would go this direction as it will open doors for others with capacative screens wishing to do some pen-abled inking on a capacative screen. On the HD2 there is certainly room on the screen to write more than one word. If the sensitivity is high enough, one could even write whole sentences. Now I am not suggesting the part of handwriting recognition. I'm now just talking about inking, because be it an iphone or an HD2, the state of this function on both is currently unnecessarily poor.
  • Reply 63 of 68
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wevenhuis View Post

I'm not impressed with the Pogo. I do not get the same results when using my pogo on the capacative screen of my HTC HD2. I definitely hope for apples sake it will not consider an option like the pogo as the standard voor pen-enabled inking in the iTablet! It would ruin the experience. I think they should pursue the direction of NTRIG with a tip pen enabled for a capacative screen.

I don't have a Pogo so I don't know. At a guess the electostatic stylus should work with other capacitive systems except for the click features. The NTRIG stuff does look good and cheaper than adding both a digitizer and touch screen. Not to mention ligher and thinner.

I'll have to find someone with the Dell 17" to play with it.
  • Reply 64 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post

What do you eat with?

Some thing going serous here.
  • Reply 65 of 68
    Snow leopard needs to support 3rd party pen tablets. Chinese input only works with SL and mulitouch trackpads. That leaves out the imac, mini, and mac pro. The flagship imac is less productive and does not have features parity with its notebooks. Yes, notebooks outsell desktop macs.

Finger based input is not the ideal solution for long documents. Imagine the fatigue! Couriers, post office and delivery people use a stylus pen. The pen is still mightier.

The best solution is a bluetooth keyboard with numeric pad and a multitouch/pen trackpad. If apple is serious about making inroads in china, then they must implement this.
  • Reply 66 of 68
    The actual iPhone screen ensures touch resolution, which is said to be "more than one point per 1 square millimeter". The problem is that regular stylus is usually not a capacitor plate at all.
  • Reply 67 of 68
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kung Fu Guy View Post

Snow leopard needs to support 3rd party pen tablets. Chinese input only works with SL and mulitouch trackpads. That leaves out the imac, mini, and mac pro. The flagship imac is less productive and does not have features parity with its notebooks.

I hate to break the news to you, but the iMac is more productive than any notebook. With a real mouse the iMac is a great business computer. It gets stuff done.
  • Reply 68 of 68
    BTW, it's amazing, what gifted person could do with just rudimentary SketchBook app on iPhone. I'm now green with envy upon having watched that sketching work and having had no skills to reproduce all that.

Fancy those marvelous things, which artists will do with Tablet....