iPhone Insurance

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    You do not need to be a current state farm customer. I just called my local state farm agency and got a policy for my phoen for $27 and some change for a one year policy. You need to have paid more than $400 for your phone. The policy is also a one time thing. So if you break your phone and then they give you the money to get a new one, you cannot insure the your second phone. You need a receipt to fax or e-mail into them. I had mine on e-mail and sent it to them. It took all of ten minutes to set up my policy. It is also effectively immediately.

Tschoiuss
  • Reply 42 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Here are the best deals I've found for insuring your iphone 3gs. Square Trade will insure you for two years from $77-$115 for two years with a $50 deductible, however, this does not include loss or theft. If you want to be covered for loss and theft, then try Safeware. Their deductible is $100 but they cover everything. Go to their website for a quote. My quote was $113/year for 3gs 32GB

Just a quick update. Safeware recently decreased their rates and deductible to $50.00.
  • Reply 43 of 54
    FWIW, my 3GS went MIA at yesterday's football game. I had previously purchased SquareTrade's "insurance"/warranty.

Lost or stolen is NOT covered...!

Quote:

Thank you for contacting SquareTrade.

Please note we are an extended warranty company not a insurance company, as we do not cover lost, theft or stolen items.

Additionally, by the time I came across your email it was not an appropriate time to call you.

Furthermore, the SquareTrade warranty covers malfunctions that occur during normal product use.

However, It does not cover:

*Damage from misuse, negligence, loss or theft.

*Accidental damage (unless you also purchased our Accidental Damage from Handling coverage).

*Consumable items such as light bulbs, fuses and batteries.

*Accessories.

*Products used for commercial purposes or public usage.

*Pre-existing conditions or DOA items.

Therefore, you can cancel your Care Plan directly through your "My Warranties" account - accessible 24/7.

• Reply 44 of 54
    Remember that this thread is about INSURANCE, not warranty or an "enhanced" warranty coverage. When most people think of insurance, they think that they'll get a replacement with a "reasonable" deductable or for free is their iPhone is lost or stolen.

Most all of these iPhone "insurance" plans are merely better coverage then what AppleCare gives you, like coverage against water damage and drops.

I checked GadgetGuard's website, and no where does it mention anything about lost or stolen.
  • Reply 45 of 54
    I gave Safeware a call, they do NOT coverage lost iPhones, only STOLEN iPhones where a police report was taken.
  • Reply 46 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post

How about Amex?

Hey! I just saw that SquareTrade is offering iPhone insurance where you can pay over time, check it out,

http://www.squaretrade.com/iphone
  • Reply 47 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -dF View Post

For all of you that are sad about AT&T not offering insurance for the iPhone - there is some hope.

I just got off the phone with State Farm and my iPhone is now officially insured.

$30.00/year ($2.50/month).

No deductible.

Covers everything.

I think it's a great deal. It's called a "personal articles policy," which won't cover small electronics such as iPods, but will cover cell phones which cost over $400.

I don't know if you have to be an existing State Farm customer to get this, but it's worth looking into if you've got the about not having insurance.

Could you please tell me which state you are in? I called my agent and they don't know anything about. Thanks,
  • Reply 48 of 54
    Check out my last post. It is definitely worth checking out in this time of expensive and un-reliable warranty services!
  • Reply 49 of 54
    iRepair Team LLC offers iPhone insurance plans that are very inexpensive and cover a wide range of problems.

I am the President and CEO of iRepair Team LLC. We have been in business for almost 2 years now and service customers all across the nation.

We do not require that the iPhone be mailed in to us. We offer two plans. One covering water damage and the entire phone for failure. This plan covers everything but theft and loss.

The other plan covers glass and lcd breakage as well as battery failure for 1 year for only $35 for the 3g and $45 for the 3gs. Only a $10 deductible is required for the 3g and $20 for the 3gs. 5 claims made me made per year.

There is simply no comparison to our insurance plans.

Please see iRepairTeam.com/iphoneinsurance for more information or call 888-269-5658 for more information.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -dF View Post

For all of you that are sad about AT&T not offering insurance for the iPhone - there is some hope.

I just got off the phone with State Farm and my iPhone is now officially insured.

$30.00/year ($2.50/month).

No deductible.

Covers everything.

I think it's a great deal. It's called a "personal articles policy," which won't cover small electronics such as iPods, but will cover cell phones which cost over $400.

I don't know if you have to be an existing State Farm customer to get this, but it's worth looking into if you've got the about not having insurance.

thank you, I will call my SF agent in the morning. ADDED NOTE: I called State Farm and was informed that they discontinued insuring iPhones due to too many claims.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    My iPhone is insured thru Worth Ave. Group. It covers my iPhone against accidental damage, fire, theft, flood and natural disasters and my premium was around $74 (for the year)?so $6 a month. They also have laptop insurance as well.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    I seen this post and had to register to share, I have a iPhone 3G and I have insurance through this company my friend had his iPhone repaired through well I washed my iPhone ( like an idoit ) and thought it was screwed... The insurance I got covers "repairs" only but they said to send it in anyway and the same day they received it they called and said they had the phone up and running and had a tracking # for me the same day and sent it out priority mail ( no cost to me ).

Anyway I had a good experience with them and recommend them to my friends I pay $5.00 /month for their Insurance they offer and its the best $5.00/month I've ever spent. check it out and let us know if you ever file a claim through them or anyone else and tell us what happens!
  • Reply 53 of 54
    rtwoodrtwood Posts: 2member
    Hi all. I am a member at several other mobile forums (XDAdev, PPCGeeks, etc.). I create custom mods for mobile phones, check out my username on those forums. Anyhow, I just opened an iPhone insurance website:

We are iPhone users who decided to offer insurance to other iPhone users. These iPhones are very fragile and plenty of friends of mine have broken theirs. Our coverage is very affordable and we cover all types of damage including full liquid damage. We do not cover lost phones at this time because the potential to get scammed by illegitimate customers is too high. These phones are expensive so we can only offer insurance to honest iPhone users who are currently using a working iPhone under a mobile carrier plan.

We have plenty of financial backing as well as very good techs that know iPhones. We will send a replacement iPhone to you within 48 hours after claim.

Please visit

PM me on this forum if you have any additional questions. Of course reply in this thread and I will gladly answer questions.
  • Reply 54 of 54
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Too many spammers bumping a 3 year old thread.