Magic Mouse helps Apple double share of market in 8 weeks

Comments

• Reply 21 of 202
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Apple has given us an alternative: If you don't like the magic mouse go back to the wired one, same as with the keyboard.

This Article was meant to be Positive and to give Apple the recognition of its Revolutionary device. Let's try to limit the kiddie whining for other forum/rumor sites.

This is a discussion forum. They are posting on-topic. Any discussion about the topic should be valid here, not just all positive. How boring would that be?
  • Reply 22 of 202
    And the funny thing is, they aren't shipping the mighty mouse to their resellers. Only the big stores can have them. The specialty shops sit and wait.
  • Reply 23 of 202
    Free download to enable those features: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...agicprefs.html
  • Reply 24 of 202
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

Laser mice have been available from MS and Logitech for years and they blow away the "magic" mouse. Try one sometime.

1) Laser is not that much more accurate than optical

2) Magic Mouse is a laser mouse
  • Reply 25 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Did you read the article? Might help to put an <anecdotal> tag after your post to help others distinguish reality from opinion.

Could you point me to the spot in the article where they called the Magic Mouse a good mouse? It has had good sales for a while now. That doesn't make it a quality product. McDonald's food isn't a quality product but it sells really well too.

I've never used a Magic Mouse, but after dealing with Apple's Mighty (crappy) Mouse, I have no trust that they can make a quality mouse. The shape alone makes it look very non-ergonomic, just like the Mighty Mouse is. I'm back to use the MM because the Intellimouse Explorer I've had for 10 years didn't survive the last move. It WILL be replaced soon by one from a company that actually can create a good mouse, either Logitech or (more likely) Microsoft.
  • Reply 26 of 202
    zepzep Posts: 130member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

This is blatantly false. I don't like my Magic Mouse, but it's tracking is much more precise than both my MS and Logitech laser mice. That is it's one nice feature. Excellent resolution, even on crappy surfaces.

then you're using some terrible laser mice. are they something with sub 1000 DPI?
  • Reply 27 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Yes and it was called the "Mighty Mouse"

A abortion of a mouse like I have never seen before.

My highly critical assessment and publicity/dissection photo's of that particular mouse may have drove Apple to create this new mouse.

Yes, I prod Apple with a pitchfork all the time.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post

Yes, actually all of their mice have sucked, including this one. Very cumbersome to use, imo of course.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

That's probably because the Mighty Mouse had an impossible to clean wheel, even with Apple's useless video.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

Yes. The Magic Mouse is garbage. It may even be worse than the Mighty Mouse. They haven't made a good mouse since the ADB II.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by felixmanos View Post

I stopped using it and the bluetooth keyboard and went back to my Everywhere mouse and the standard Mac keyboard.

The mouse doesn't fit right in my hand. I keep having to move my hand forward on the mouse or the clicking gets difficult to mash down. The touch control works fine, but I've already worn out the index finger on my right hand from decades of clicking. This mouse is killing the index finger on my left hand as well.

The bluetooth keyboard is just too flimsy. I had the earlier one too. It broke. $80 for a POS that BROKE.

I'm too practical for form over content.

Quote:

This is a discussion forum. They are posting on-topic. Any discussion about the topic should be valid here, not just all positive. How boring would that be?

The quotes above me validate my statements. A positive discussion or a discussion on how Apple can improve it's current hardware is always welcomed... but the comments above are not and fall into the category of Drive-by Trolling IMO.

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MACTRIPPER ACTUALLY
  • Reply 28 of 202
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:

... The bluetooth keyboard is just too flimsy. I had the earlier one too. It broke. $80 for a POS that BROKE. ...

This sounds like total BS to me.

As an owner of the same keyboard and many Mac and windows keyboards before, I can say that the bluetooth keyboard is one of the sturdiest keyboards ever. It's a solid piece of aluminium for cripes sake.

Also, if it broke within the first year, it would be covered and completely replaceable for free at your local Apple store. If it broke *after* the first year, I don't see how you could be upset about it.

Nothing about this really rings true and I think you are just wildly exaggerating (at best) here.
  • Reply 29 of 202
    I don't care what you all think...I like the @%#$%$ thing.
  • Reply 30 of 202
    sabonsabon Posts: 134member
    Quote:

I stopped using it and the bluetooth keyboard and went back to my Everywhere mouse and the standard Mac keyboard.

The mouse doesn't fit right in my hand. I keep having to move my hand forward on the mouse or the clicking gets difficult to mash down. The touch control works fine, but I've already worn out the index finger on my right hand from decades of clicking. This mouse is killing the index finger on my left hand as well.

The bluetooth keyboard is just too flimsy. I had the earlier one too. It broke. $80 for a POS that BROKE.

I'm too practical for form over content.

I've had two of the keyboards since they first came out and one travels with me a lot. Neither have ANY damage at all. What are you doing with your keyboards? Using them as broadswords?

Oh, and I really like the Magic Mouse except for the lack of "middle click" and squeeze buttons. I've got no other beef with it than those two things.
  • Reply 31 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zep View Post

then you're using some terrible laser mice. are they something with sub 1000 DPI?

Actually no. They are both 1000 DPI mice.
  • Reply 32 of 202
    zepzep Posts: 130member
    Quote:

Actually no. They are both 1000 DPI mice.

then im not surprised your magic mouse is much better at tracking. it has about a 1300 DPI.
  • Reply 33 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

Could you point me to the spot in the article where they called the Magic Mouse a good mouse? It has had good sales for a while now. That doesn't make it a quality product. McDonald's food isn't a quality product but it sells really well too.

I've never used a Magic Mouse, but after dealing with Apple's Mighty (crappy) Mouse, I have no trust that they can make a quality mouse. The shape alone makes it look very non-ergonomic, just like the Mighty Mouse is. I'm back to use the MM because the Intellimouse Explorer I've had for 10 years didn't survive the last move. It WILL be replaced soon by one from a company that actually can create a good mouse, either Logitech or (more likely) Microsoft.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MB829LL-...owViewpoints=1

http://store.apple.com/us/reviews/MB...co=MTM1MDcxMjg

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MB829?mco=MTY0MjUyMTU

http://store.apple.com/jp/product/MB829?mco=MTY0MjUyMTQ

• Reply 34 of 202
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

Quote:

See again. Nothing constructive in his/her/its entire post.

This person needs to just build there own mouse or don't label one product to the next.... Here's what they should have said

Calimnuimnis: " I used Apple's MM once and didn't have a great experience, I may try it out in there stores but until then I'll stick with other manufactures "

You don't say crappy or POS (Another poster said this not him).... Thats what I mean by positive and constructive posting.
  • Reply 35 of 202
    Quote:

Thats quotes above me validate my statements. A positive discussion or a discussion on how Apple can improve it's current hardware is always welcomed... but the comments above are not and fall into the category of Drive-by Trolling IMO.

Someone complaining about a mouses style is trolling? Trolling is purposely posting something with no value, just to get a rise out of someone, or something that is totally off topic.

With the exception of Takeo's and to a lesser degree for MacTripper's post these others are not trolling. They raise valid opinions about the product in question. Just saying it's an abomination without stating why is trolling. Stating it's an abomination and then stating why it's an abomination is not.
  • Reply 36 of 202
    I know everybody has different preferences, but boy I couldn't stand the magic mouse in the store. I'm dying for a keyboard with integrated multi-touch trackpad that I can use on a desktop. I just think mice in general are clunky.

I hope the rumored "magic slate" can do a better job than Wacom's Bamboo multi-touch pad. That was a waste.
  • Reply 37 of 202
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    So everyone with a Mighty Mouse wants a mouse that works, big deal.
  • Reply 38 of 202
    Quote:

No Apple has never done any wrong.

They've had times where they were clumsy, but like Apple, quickly corrected the situations. The bottom of this post is not intended for you IQatEdo

That is a somewhat subjective opinion. I can think of several bits of hardware (most first-gen in each respective category, in fact) that Apple has got more than a little bit `wrong'. I agree though that they are good at refining over time. Also on the OS side (just to pick one example from a numerous list), I still pine for having properly network exported multi-user remote login and display like X11 and/or even MS RDP. [and yes, I realise the average home user wouldn't even know what this is, let alone want it...]

Quote:

The Magic Mouse is the WORLDS FIRST MULTI-TOUCH MOUSE. Where are the complainers who say Apple isn't innovating??

The Negative "Opinions" about the Magic Mouse, are the people who are seeking that Apple create the notebook thats 8Core 20GB Ram 1TB SSD & Ultra High GDDR5 Graphics card in the size of a MacBook Air .

Actually, I want it to have 4TB SSD with a TDP of 1W and at least a 50hr battery life. Anything else is just like... totally lame. Oh, it needs to be able to power my car too. Over the air. From home.

Quote:

Apple has given you an alternative: If you don't like the magic mouse go back to the wired one, same as with the keyboard.

Again (subjectively) I hate wireless, and hope that Apple does refine the magic-mouse to be wired (or at least have the option). Without that, I will not touch it with a barge pole. Even if it can remotely power my car.

As to the mouse itself though, it is good to see Apple have appealed to a reasonable number of users. It would be interesting to see how many of those who bought the micky-um, magic mouse were upgrading from a previous Apple [not so mighty?] mouse, a different brand or even as an external mouse for a laptop, As a predominantly laptop user myself though, I don't see the appeal in that category as it lacks for me the additional gesture support of the trackpads.
  • Reply 39 of 202
    Quote:

Someone complaining about a mouses style is trolling? Trolling is purposely posting something with no value, just to get a rise out of someone, or something that is totally off topic.

With the exception of Takeo's and to a lesser degree for MacTripper's post these others are not trolling. They raise valid opinions about the product in question. Just saying it's an abomination without stating why is trolling. Stating it's an abomination and then stating why it's an abomination is not.

I meant to say with the Exception of mactripper
  • Reply 40 of 202
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

A lot more people who like it bother writing reviews.