Apple confirms Jan. 27 media event to show off 'latest creation'

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Apple officially sent out invitations Monday for its expected Jan. 27 event in San Francisco, where it is anticipated the company will introduce its new touchscreen tablet device.

According to Engadget the invitation was sent out Monday with the tagline: "Come see our latest creation." The included graphic has the Apple logo surrounded by colorful paint splatters. The event is scheduled for 10:00 a.m. Pacific time.

Earlier this month, Digital Daily first reported the final Wednesday, Jan. 27 date. The event will be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. That followed an earlier report that Apple had booked the stage at the center for multiple days that week.

Apple is expected to make a major product announcement at the event, which most believe will be its long-rumored tablet device, confirming a story first reported here in 2007. In addition, last July, AppleInsider first reported that the multi-touch, 10-inch successor to the Newton would arrive in early 2010.

In December, select iPhone developers were allegedly asked to prepare full-screen demos of their software for a product unveiling. It has been suggested that developers are working with a new version of the iPhone OS that allows software to be scaled to multiple screen sizes.

Various reports, including one from The Wall Street Journal, have said that though next week's event will serve as an official unveiling of the tablet, it will not be made available for sale until later this year. Sources have said that date would likely be around March.

For even more tablet-related coverage:

The inside track on Apple's tablet: a history of tablet computing

Apple's much anticipated tablet device coming early next year

Up next for Apple: the return of the Newton

Read even more on the Apple tablet in AppleInsider's extensive archives

Comments

• Reply 1 of 299
    This is it, then! Let the betting begin!
  • Reply 2 of 299
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Graffiti OS
  • Reply 3 of 299
    Wwwweaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
  • Reply 4 of 299
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

" The included graphic has the Apple logo surrounded by colorful paint splatters.

Ah, you see. And...
  • Reply 5 of 299
    What are we to make of the graphics? Is it some kind of Rorschach Test?

• Reply 6 of 299
    It's an iEasel!! Woohoo!!
  • Reply 7 of 299
    gmacgmac Posts: 79member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Tablet available in colors like the nano?

Or the announcements is iPhone mini avail in colors and no tablet at all
  • Reply 8 of 299
    Apple bought SuperPaint from Adobe and is releasing a new version.
  • Reply 9 of 299
    Quote:

fck, apple has us all pegged with their rochards!
  • Reply 10 of 299
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Awesome! I might call in sick that day.
  • Reply 11 of 299
    Hi

I have been hoping that Apple will use all its retail stores when it announce new products. Imagine all the stores that has auditoriums will do live video streams of the event, and after your can buy or play with the new products.

After they can rerun the presentations and they can roll the product introduction videos and even developer classes.

Also if only they would make notifications to all iPhone owners and make live web casts available for them. That will stop so many people and generate amazing interest.

Regards
  • Reply 12 of 299
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    MacPaint is back!!! Now with color!

• Reply 13 of 299
    gmacgmac Posts: 79member
    Quote:

scrap my first idea. it's updated iPod Socks

• Reply 14 of 299
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Can't wait!

I'm hyped!
  • Reply 15 of 299
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!
  • Reply 16 of 299
    I'm really hoping for a new iPhone and a new lineup of MBP's, too. I could buy both, but I'm waiting on a refresh. I definitely am not buying an iPhone until the next release now, I've waited this long. I don't want a two year (~18 month) wait with a 3GS, for sure.
  • Reply 17 of 299
    Can't wait.
  • Reply 18 of 299
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mi_nielsen View Post

Hi

I have been hoping that Apple will use all its retail stores when it announce new products. Imagine all the stores that has auditoriums will do live video streams of the event, and after your can buy or play with the new products.

After they can rerun the presentations and they can roll the product introduction videos and even developer classes.

Also if only they would make notifications to all iPhone owners and make live web casts available for them. That will stop so many people and generate amazing interest.

Regards

That's a fantastic idea, welcome to ai.
  • Reply 19 of 299
    I don't care what it is, I'm buying two!
  • Reply 20 of 299
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    LOL! Where are the naysayers now? They're extinct I bet hahaha!

One week and counting folks...It's on!!!!!