Tablet, iPhone OS 4.0, iLife 2010 'confirmed' for Apple event - report

Comments

• Reply 21 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

They wouldn't introduce iLife 10 at the same time as the Tablet unless it was a special touch version, else it would just distract from the main launch. But then, that makes me wonder what sized screen this thing has, if it is for serious work I mean.

"Distract?" Really?
  • Reply 22 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daggermann View Post

It's perfectly ok to critique the source!

Has this ever happened before: That somebody leaked exactly which announcements will be made? I don't believe it. Because the source is bad and because this has never happened before.

Is it?

Well, I'm still waiting for the "critique" or anything resembling a "critical discussion" or "analysis of".

Instead what I read was a sarcastic, childish insult.

Maybe if the story broke on Olberman the OP might not get so tight in the panties over it, hmm?
  • Reply 23 of 224
    I will be disappointed if they don't announce a rev to the MacBook Pros. I'm in the market, but I don't want to pull the trigger with release cycle tradition suggesting they'll be updated.

I somehow doubt the tablet will perform the same functions as a MBP, so I don't think it'll serve to replace it.

Tablet = March-ish

iPhone OS 4 = June-ish

They need to give us *something* this month. I say rev the specs on the MBs.
  • Reply 24 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dagamer34 View Post

I'd bet money the next version of iLife is gonna be "iLife X" and then "iWork X".

Oh... I like the implications of that!

1) runs on Mac, Tablet, iPod Touch/iPhone (newer devices)

2) use touch devices with non-touch Macs

3) included with purchase of device (iLife) or minimal add-on (iWork)

4) update cycle changed from annual to feature-related

5) available through app store

• Reply 25 of 224
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

I think we're going to see the introduction of a painting program for iLife.

It would be interesting because it's a complaint I here now and then when it come to the Mac.
  • Reply 26 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti View Post

Left winger?

Just a hunch.

I have a feeling that iLfe '10 will work on the tablet.

Isn't it funny how they can't help but inject their ideology into every aspect of everything they do/see/read/hear? I am amazed that the mere mention of Fox causes so many of them to begin blurting noises and puffing about like a bunch of territorially-challenged chimpanzees.
  • Reply 26 of 224
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cmf2 View Post

A painting program seems to fit in with the likes of iMovie and GarageBand just fine. iWork should be on the tablet, but it should be it's own version, not an updated desktop version (especially considering the most likely OS).

Could be. Just seems a bit strange to me. As has already been pointed out, iWork is a better fit for the tablet and necessary for it's function, iLife, not so much. Also, paint apps are traditionally included in suites like iWork and iWork is the modern incarnation of AppleWorks which had a paint program, and said paint program is the only thing "missing" from iWork as a traditional suite of apps.

That being said Apple is not such a traditional company, so who knows. Just seems odd to re-do iLife or to clutter up the tablet announcement with an extraneous thing like that. You'd think with the tablet being announced that the focus would be totally on the tablet and things that make it a good buy or useful, i.e. - iWork, not iLife.
  • Reply 28 of 224
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    No iSlate or Tablet.

Larger iPod Touch and iPhone, color plastic backing, more storage, optional stylus.

Mac updates with newer processors.
  • Reply 29 of 224
    cmf2cmf2 Posts: 1,427member
    Quote:

They wouldn't introduce iLife 10 at the same time as the Tablet unless it was a special touch version, else it would just distract from the main event. But then, that makes me wonder what sized screen it has, if it is for serious work I mean.

Nothing would distract from the main event. That is why it is the main event... Any other product announcements will be temporarily forgotten after the tablet announcement though.
  • Reply 30 of 224
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see this.

Because we all know the iTablet/Slate is an imaginary product.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Yep... Anyone with two eyes can clearly see its a fake and a pretty bad one at that...
  • Reply 31 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daggermann View Post

It's perfectly ok to critique the source!

Especially when it's lame ass Faux.
  • Reply 32 of 224
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:

They wouldn't introduce iLife 10 at the same time as the Tablet unless it was a special touch version, else it would just distract from the main event. But then, that makes me wonder what sized screen it has, if it is for serious work I mean.

"Serious" work? I guess by serious you mean laptop or desktop. My guess is that your right the tablet will most likely run a version of iwork. But I'm not sure it will be as powerful as a laptop or desktop.

We're going to find out whats what real soon though.
  • Reply 33 of 224
    I'm taking a break from this site, will be back on the 28th.
  • Reply 34 of 224
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

No iSlate or Tablet.

Larger iPod Touch and iPhone, color plastic backing, more storage, optional stylus.

Mac updates with newer processors.

Followed by the biggest one day decline in AAPL ever.
  • Reply 34 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Especially when it's lame ass Faux.

Funny, I trust Fox more than the others because they're not afraid to talk bad about their owners if they have to.

But, for gawd's sake please lets talk about the tablet hmm?
  • Reply 36 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'm taking a break from this site, will be back on the 28th.

Yeah right!
  • Reply 37 of 224
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    So what is the link between the new device, iLife and iPhone OS 4? Would Apple do a special event like this to launch three disparate products? Doesn't seem very elegant to me. They should probably all tie together somehow.
  • Reply 38 of 224
    Do you think they will just demo iPhone OS 4.0 or release it to the general public?
  • Reply 39 of 224
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kishan View Post

So what is the link between the new device, iLife and iPhone OS 4? Would Apple do a special event like this to launch three disparate products? Doesn't seem very elegant to me. They should probably all tie together somehow.

Perhaps there is an iLife version for the tablet.
  • Reply 39 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

Isn't it funny how they can't help but inject their ideology into every aspect of everything they do/see/read/hear? I am amazed that the mere mention of Fox causes so many of them to begin blurting noises and puffing about like a bunch of territorially-challenged chimpanzees.

On the contrary, the original poster had merely criticized the journalistic integrity of a news source. You are the one who is bringing ideology into this.