How much 3G data do you think you consume each month?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Please answer based on your typical 3G consumption each month.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    _rick_v__rick_v_ Posts: 142member
    to quickly check your data consumption, download the free AT&T MyWireless app for your iPhone:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/at-t-...309172177?mt=8
  • Reply 2 of 11
    texdeafytexdeafy Posts: 78member
    The reason I used more than 5GB is because I don't use voice. AT&T has removed the voice plan on my iPhone account due of my deafness through AT&T's TAP program. So I know that most of deaf people who have iPhone use more than 5GB is because of Instant Messenger and email. I'm sure that they will use a lot of data from video chat.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TexDeafy View Post

So I know that most of deaf people who have iPhone use more than 5GB is because of Instant Messenger and email.

How are they going over 5GB using mostly IM and email? I would think they'd be hard pressed to use more than 100MB unless they have large attachments to emails and IM literally thousands of times per day.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Why is this poll worded as it is? Who cares how much data you THINK you consume. If you don't know the answer, don't answer the poll...
  • Reply 5 of 11
    babaloobabaloo Posts: 14member
    I use between 10-12GB/month Lol , I'm a hard core user, but I'm not on AT&T or have an iPhone so I didn't vote. Most of that is torrents and other download because my home ISP blocks p2p. My phone actually gets better download than some VPNs I tried, that is until they cap my DL speed for fair usage lol. I used to have an iPhone, but it was the original, so it was probably real low.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Believe it or not, but I actually manage to use about 3GB/month on my iPhone EDGE. (I use FlyCast and Pandora a lot when I'm at work.)
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Just download the AT&T app and it'll tell you guys how much you actually use. So far I'm 14 days into my billing cycle and I've used 740.3MB and double that and I use approx 1.5GB each month, while the gf used 112MB so far this month.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lionelhuts View Post

Believe it or not, but I actually manage to use about 3GB/month on my iPhone EDGE. (I use FlyCast and Pandora a lot when I'm at work.)

I'd believe it because one of the reasons I didn't go run over to AT&T was discovering I used about a 400 megs a month of data just on EDGE with Tmobile. I'm like you with no wifi the phone can use at work and a need to hear some decent music at lunch.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Well, obviously I'm outside the US, but I do about 3GB a month if I do some tethering. Sometimes here the 3G provider is much faster for downloads than DSL (don't ask) so I use it to get big software updates, and so on. Phone-based usage, I would say no more than 700MB max per month. Currently my plan has unlimited 3G where I am right now. The thing that sucks is that once I switch to the iPhone 4 there's no more unlimited, you gotta pick 500MB, or 1GB, 2GB etc. and if you go over you rack up some ridiculous costs.

I'm quite surprised actually that this poll above shows a lot of users not using that much data.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member
    I am guessing for me the big data hogs I use are the GPS, Pandora, Sprint TV and Youtube, and tethering to my MBP while using my phone as a wifi hot spot. I can easily go over 15 GB's a month especially when using my MBP. Without the tethering, I would guestimate my usage to average around 3 to 6 GB. I am surprised that so many iPhone users use so little data.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I use around 6-700 MB's of my 1GB plan.

The only time I went over was 1.5GB due to tethering.