Apple engineer warned Steve Jobs about iPhone 4 reception last year

Comments

• Reply 41 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bwik View Post

Sometimes an engineer's job is to communicate the business / ops reason why his or her finding is important.

When Shuttle Columbia blew up, an engineer was "concerned" but failed at communication.

When New Orleans flooded, engineers knew it would flood but they failed to communicate.

If this guy thinks he is impressing anybody, he isn't. Blame the iCEO? Unprofessional. Next time, do it right and don't hash out internal grudges in the press.

Are you for real?
  • Reply 42 of 137
    smiles77smiles77 Posts: 668member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StLBluesFan View Post

I know what you mean. Most all of us are probably likeable folks and would get along swimmingly in a social situation. On an internet forum, not so much.

Ain't it the truth.

Humming "Mayberry" by Rascal Flatts
  • Reply 43 of 137
    Quote:

Exhibit One.

• Reply 44 of 137
    sendmesendme Posts: 567member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bwik View Post

If this guy thinks he is impressing anybody, he isn't. Blame the iCEO? Unprofessional. Next time, do it right and don't hash out internal grudges in the press.

This just proves that the engineer doesn't know how to get his point across. I bet he's real proud of himself!
  • Reply 45 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freddych View Post

Bloomberg is basically a tabloid with all the random crap rumors the put out. People will cite to anything to get their point across.

Anyways all this will be rendered moot when 4.0.1 includes a SOFTWARE fix that solves everyone's problems. Then Apple will use the Friday press conference to declare victory.

Good god almighty.. I do look forward to your future posts!
  • Reply 46 of 137
    sendmesendme Posts: 567member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eacumm View Post

You must be a Verizon person, Well then like my son you must say Fu**ing Verizon a lot, because Verizon Stinks compared to AT&T.

He probably uses and Android phone and a Microsoft Computer too.
  • Reply 47 of 137
    sacto joesacto joe Posts: 895member
    Man, you never know how many trolls are in the place until someone lets off a stinkbomb; then they come crawling out of the woodwork like an infestation of cockroaches!
  • Reply 48 of 137
    gary54gary54 Posts: 169member
    they had the whole circumference of the case to make the antenna splits. Why the one spot most likely to short between the two by just holding it? Why not the top middle or bottom middle or some other spot? Pick up any phone and cradle it in your hand. Whats the pone spot that makes the most contact? Right where they put it. Its mind boggling to have made such a blunder.

Blunders happen.
  • Reply 49 of 137
    kpluckkpluck Posts: 500member
    Quote:

Ok Apologists, line up to take your turn at discrediting the source.

I would like to try, but apparently you didn't read the article because the source is listed as "anonymous."

But lets say it is accurate. We still don't have a date to when it happened. For all we know, it was a previous design that was being discussed and the production version could be different.

I am not saying the antenna design isn't a problem, it most certainly is.

What I am saying is that you are an idiot, everyone knows this.
  • Reply 50 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

If true, Apple needs to face the consequences.

But hasn't anyone learned anything about putting their faith in unconfirmed rumors put forward by bloggers? Maybe if someone is willing to come forward and use their name, we might have a story here. Or maybe if Ruben or someone in a position to know confirms it?

You do realize that Bloomberg News is not a "blogger," right?
  • Reply 51 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eacumm View Post

You must be a Verizon person, Well then like my son you must say Fu**ing Verizon a lot, because Verizon Stinks compared to AT&T.

at&t handles more data traffic than all the other US carriers combined. Heroic. I'd like to see VZW buckle under that.
  • Reply 52 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

I would like to try, but apparently you didn't read the article because the source is listed as "anonymous."

But lets say it is accurate. We still don't have a date to when it happened. For all we know, it was a previous design that was being discussed and the production version could be different.

Wasn't anonymous trying to take down Scientology? Now the cult of Mac?
  • Reply 53 of 137
    foo2foo2 Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Consistent with? I think you mean "I would like to subscribe to a conspiracy theory regarding them offering bumpers and omitting FTM from iOS4. I have nothing other than coincidence to support my claims, but that's what I think anyway."

Don't you know, a conspiracy requires more than one party? Of course you're free to try to paint commenters here anyway you'd like. Good luck with that and thanks for playing.
  • Reply 54 of 137
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

Man, you never know how many trolls are in the place until someone lets off a stinkbomb; then they come crawling out of the woodwork like an infestation of cockroaches!

maybe you should try suing them.
  • Reply 55 of 137
    Quote:

Not very adept at processing information given the context, are you? Here, let me help: He's possibly talking about the Apple engineer Ruben Caballero, and Bloomberg.
  • Reply 56 of 137
    Quote:

Sorry, Apple engineer, Bloomberg, take your choice. Both are being dissed, if you haven't noticed.

Quote:

My, such a short post really bunched your panties. Resorting to name calling. Really makes you look better.
  • Reply 57 of 137
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foo2 View Post

Don't you know, a conspiracy requires more than one party? Of course you're free to try to paint commenters here anyway you'd like. Good luck with that and thanks for playing.

Don't you know? The conspiracy would be within Apple, which astonishingly is made up of more than on person.
  • Reply 58 of 137
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ski1 View Post

You mean like putting faith in your survey you presented that has no stated methodology and was from a financial company that has AAPL rated as a buy ?

I see you're still confused. I didn't put any particular faith in that survey. I simply pointed out that it's the only data available. That doesn't make it right - but even if it's only got a 1% chance of being right, that's still better than anything you've provided.

So where is the data claiming that there are massive returns on the iPhone?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amature geek View Post

You do realize that Bloomberg News is not a "blogger," right?

True. Bloggers sometimes list the names of their sources.
  • Reply 59 of 137
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gary54 View Post

they had the whole circumference of the case to make the antenna splits. Why the one spot most likely to short between the two by just holding it? Why not the top middle or bottom middle or some other spot? Pick up any phone and cradle it in your hand. Whats the pone spot that makes the most contact? Right where they put it. Its mind boggling to have made such a blunder.

Blunders happen.

Oh boy. We have someone that believes the antenna "shorts out" here. Goodbye. \
  • Reply 60 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

True. Bloggers sometimes list the names of their sources.

And sometimes Bloomberg does as well. In fact, very often.