Darwin's idea of "Survival of the fittest" debunked...

Comments

• mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post

Your backwards anti-science mentality

But it is only your (incorrect, unfactual) opinion that my mentality is "anti-science." I am actually quite pro-science.

Quote:

doesn't just affect you and your children.

Really? How is affecting you?

Quote:

It slows and sometimes halts scientific advancement, and that affects me and the rest of society.

Of course you are wrong, but you're to blind to see that you are wrong. I have done absolutely nothing to slow or halt any scientific advancement. Nothing. Not one thing.

Quote:

Case in point: stem cell research. Diseases that could have cures (or be closer to being beaten) ravage and kill innocent people.

What is your point about this?

Quote:

More shouldn't suffer because you are ignorant

My ignorance is only in your imagination...and no one is suffering because of me. No one.

Quote:

and can't fathom the scientific process.

I understand it quite well.

Quote:

I can't stop you in your home, but I can say teach real science or no homeschool for you.

Can you? By what right?

Quote:

When your little ignorant clones

Nice.

Quote:

go out protesting stem cell research,

Federal funding of stem cell research. Who's the ignorant one now?

Quote:

delaying a cure, every death that could have been avoided had the treatment come sooner is on your hands. Their innocent blood is on your ignorant hands.

You like that word ignorant don't you. You also like speculating a lot as you have done in this sentence. Nice. Brilliant.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

But you're fine with stopping stem cell research so my kids can't reap the benefits.

I'm fine with you not stealing money from me to perform the research. If you wish to fund it yourself with your friends, voluntarily, rather than stealing the money for it form others, then go ahead.

Quote:

Keep your Book out of my life, thanks.

And keep yours out of mine. I'm not forcing anything on you or anyone else. Not one thing.
  • brbr Posts: 8,252member
    You oppose federal funding of life saving research because you have an archaic, obsolete view of the universe. Blood is on your hands.
  • mumbo jumbomumbo jumbo Posts: 1,633member
    I don't have a Book.

I am not religious..

Do you think that two men should be able to marry?

I do.

If you don't, please keep your Book out of my life. I'm not gay. I just think you should keep your Book where it can't interfere with the happiness of others.

But like I say: You've got your myth. Carry on.

I've got a world over 6,000 years old and a better understanding of the real forces that shaped it than you will ever, EVER have.

And although I might not be as happy as you, believer, with your church and your fellowship (I admit this) I am so, SO glad that I'm plugged in to something that human beings do and have always done, which is to ask questions, find better answers, and change their understanding of the world according to what they find.

You... you've got this religion, and you've got your 1859 worldview, and I've got the universe, and you can stick your Book, for all the beauty and truth I acknowledge that it contains, wherever you please.
    Quote:

I know something you don't know, and that is what "evolution" actually means.

I know you think you do. I get that.

Quote:

We are working with the assumption that genes mutate across species and over time at predictable rates.

I know you are.

Quote:

in the vain hope that THIS TIME, this FINAL TIME, you will actually THINK about what you're reading,

I do.

Quote:

Actually, no, I won't. It's a complete, total, utter waste of fucking time.

Good. See ya later then.

Quote:

You've got your myth. Enjoy it.

Back at ya.

Quote:

I've got a world over 6,000 years old

Yes, we both do.

Quote:

and a better understanding of the real forces that shaped it than you will ever, EVER have.

Well...maybe.

Quote:

I am so, SO glad that I'm plugged in to something that human beings do and have always done, which is to ask questions, find better answers, and change their understanding of the world according to what they find.

Funny the logical leap you've made here. My guess is you probably don't even realize it.

Quote:

and you've got your 1859 worldview,

Quote:

and I've got the universe, and you can stick your Book, for all the beauty and truth I acknowledge that it contains, wherever you please.

It's interesting to see that being civilized hasn't "evolved" much.
  • wormholewormhole Posts: 864member
    Quote:

You... you've got this religion, and you've got your 1859 worldview, and I've got the universe, and you can stick your Book, for all the beauty and truth I acknowledge that it contains, wherever you please.

Did you pick the year before Mr. Lenoir invented the internal combustion engine (1860) on purpose?

Some people here think it is new technology ....
    Quote:

You oppose federal funding of life saving research because you have an archaic, obsolete view of the universe. Blood is on your hands.

Let me phrase what you've just said more correctly:

Quote:

You oppose stealing money from people to support possibly life saving research because, I think, you have an archaic, obsolete view of the universe. I think, blood is on your hands.

( There's still a little froth on the corners of you mouth...and some spittle on your screen. )
    How date I be passionate about saving people from needlessly dying prematurely? How dare I be passionate about not wanting people like you thrusting us into a new dark ages? Make fun of my passion. Innocent blood is still on your hands.
    And for someone who subscribes to a religion allegedly about kindness, compassion, and selflessness, MJ sure says me me me my my my a lot. "Don't you dare take MY money for something that could save lives." WWJD? Not be such a selfish prick.
    Quote:

How date I be passionate about saving people from needlessly dying prematurely?

You're assuming a lot. Delusions of grandeur perhaps?

Quote:

How dare I be passionate about not wanting people like you thrusting us into a new dark ages?

I'm not thrusting you or anyone else into anything. Not anything.

Quote:

Innocent blood is still on your hands.

No, it is not. No matter how many times you say that, it won't be true.

P.S. Hey Mr. Innocent Blood on Your Hands: Answer me this, do you support a woman's "right" to have an abortion?
    Quote:

And for someone who subscribes to a religion allegedly about kindness, compassion, and selflessness, MJ sure says me me me my my my a lot. "Don't you dare take MY money for something that could save lives." WWJD? Not be such a selfish prick.

The issue is about force Einstein. Haven't you got that yet. Jesus commanded people to be generous and kind of their own heart and volition. He didn't command people to "go steal from a bunch of people who you think should be helping out and could spare the money so you can feel better about your alleged kindness and 'generosity.'"

Before preaching what the Bible says, perhaps you should read it and understand it first.
    Jesus would put the emphasis on the kindness and caring. You look at it as stealing. I see it as society collectively embodying the virtue of compassion.
    Quote:

Jesus would put the emphasis on the kindness and caring.

You're still missing the point. Jesus' instructions and command are to individuals. Individuals are to be acting in kindness in generosity. Sometimes those individuals gather in groups and collectively collaborate and pool their kindness in generosity. But no where, no where do I see any command or instruction or even implication that individuals or group are to go and point a gun at other individuals and say..."Give us your money so we can all be kind and generous."

You can't be partly moral. Though I see many who think you can and wish to be.
    A society can indeed collectively decide that some things are worth pursuing for everyone's benefit. And it's not stealing no matter how much you repeat it.
  • jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

So you're saying you believe this 0nly 6,000 years old stuff ( come on take a stand you're not a politician )?

If you had taken the time to read the other posts in this thread, you would have seen this one:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...5&postcount=36

Sorry I don't fit your stereotypes and you actually have to respond to what I'm saying rather than what you think I believe.
    Quote:

A society can indeed collectively decide that some things are worth pursuing for everyone's benefit.

That, my friend, is called tyranny. Whether it is executed by a "democracy" or by an individual dictator.

Quote:

And it's not stealing no matter how much you repeat it.

Yes it is. Try not paying them. See what happens.

Why don't you just come clean and admit that you don't really like freedom...at least for other people. That you favor the use of force and coercion to achieve the goals that you deem worthy of pursing. That individual liberty of of little value to you when the person in question might do something you simply don't like or don't agree with.
    "Stealing" is when someone takes something you own without announcement or option.

"Tax", which is what you're selfishly and stupidly characterising as "stealing", is not "stealing."

Tax is annoying, but it keeps your borders defended and your roads passable and your children educated and your fire brigades trained and supplied.

If you think that your obligations to your fellow man are so galling that they're tantamount to "stealing" then you really, truly have the option of moving to a country where no-one pays tax if they don't want to, like Nigeria, or Somalia, or even Turkey. Nigeria is a good Christian country, and I think you would like it very much.

And do you think that two men should be able to marry?

I do.

If you don't, then don't you think you ought to be a bit libertarian about things and keep your Book out of other people's happiness and lives?

Or does 'libertarianism' only really matter when it's your right to be selfish at stake?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

That, my friend, is called tyranny. Whether it is executed by a "democracy" or by an individual dictator.

No, my friend, that is not the definition of 'tyranny'. That is called 'maturity'.

Please stop pissing your pants and trying to change the definitions of English words which already have perfectly good definitions.
    Quote:

No, my friend, that is not the definition of 'tyranny'. That is called 'maturity'.

Please stop pissing your pants and trying to change the definitions of English words which already have perfectly good definitions.

Yes dear.

P.S. I didn't say it was the "the definition of 'tyranny'".
  • wormholewormhole Posts: 864member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

The issue is about force Einstein. Haven't you got that yet. Jesus commanded people to be generous and kind of their own heart and volition. He didn't command people to "go steal from a bunch of people who you think should be helping out and could spare the money so you can feel better about your alleged kindness and 'generosity.'"

Before preaching what the Bible says, perhaps you should read it and understand it first.

Without the roads the jews and the Romans built from the taxes they collected, Jesus would have been stuck in the mud before he could have made pebbles into crack cocaine, oh, it was water into wine sorry. my mistake.

The people who wrote the bible were educated by TAXPAYER $. Yep, the truth is a bitch.