Climategate

Comments

• finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    New energy: climate change and sustainability shape a new era

Quote:

A new energy revolution ? similar to shifts from wood to coal to oil ? is inevitable as climate change and oil scarcity drive a global search for sustainability in power production. But even the promise of renewable energy holds drawbacks.

• mumbo jumbomumbo jumbo Posts: 1,633member

This is not your blog.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

This is not your blog.

Probably the best thing is to ignore jg's post as unsupported drivel. You might get more from mine---maybe a laugh or two.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO RESPOND TO THESE BEFORE POSTING MORE---I REFUTED OR DEBUNKED YOURS---

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Jg, most of what you have posted before your trip and after have been challenged. You have not responded to the challenges by refuting the evidence that was provided to refute your postings. You have not tried to refute or challenge what I have posted. Rather than posting more material from the same old sites, try to explain what has been challenged and challenge or refute what I've posted. Here is some of what has gone unchallenged:

CO2

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...82#post1743082

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...97#post1743397

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...20#post1744020

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...67#post1744067

BIODIVERSITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...00#post1743400

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...43#post1744043

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...66#post1746666

OR GO TO THE SANDBOX

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

"JG.... you weren't sharing the toys in the sandbox.

What do you have to say for yourself young man?"

Please note that trumptman and jazzguru are confined to the "sandbox" because their overuse of the term.

Quote:

Oh noes. Someone is getting upset because they think the public sand box belongs to them..?..Are you going to same I'm a poopy head until I give you back your public sandbox Sego?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Here lets play a game you guys play

Yes, yes I know! Here at the fantasyland sandbox only SDW and trumptman are right.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Man, you really are stuck in the partisan sandbox. How sad.

Quote:

So in other words...

Sandbox!

Same old stuff

Quote:

But you'd have to actually look outside the partisan sandbox to understand that.

Quote:

It appears you're playing in your oft-mentioned sandbox with the rest of us. Just an observation.

Quote:

Please make sure to play in the shallow sandbox.

It is understood that you need to hire funnier writers.

Quote:

Here's your sand pail and shovel. I'm sure the other kids in the sandbox will have reasoning on a similarly high level as no...no...no.Nick

Quote:

Let me save jimmac the trouble. Sandbox!

• jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    Why don't you just ignore my "unsupported drivel"?
    Quote:

Why don't you just ignore my "unsupported drivel"?

Why??
  • mumbo jumbomumbo jumbo Posts: 1,633member
    I like you FineTunes.
    FineTunes, this is not your blog.
    Quote:

jg, you missed this on C3 headlines"

Experts Now Concur: IPCC Climate Models Fail Miserably At Predicting Cloud Formation & Coverage

Using one of jg's reference links, C3 Headlines, I used one of the articles to illustrate one of the techniques that they employ to cast doubt that AGW is real. They pull a quote from an article and point to the fact that the IPCC models are faulty and therefore AGW isn't happening.

Experts Now Concur: IPCC Climate Models Fail Miserably At Predicting Cloud Formation & Coverage

Quote:

Read here and here. IPCC climate models and those of major countries are designed to fail with significant predictability. Why?

Besides all climate models being purposefully designed to focus on human CO2 emissions as the cause of global warming, none of the climate models are able to simulate cloud impact and cloud coverage correctly (or even with a modicum of accuracy). Clouds are beyond even the most powerful computers and virtual simulations, which means the climate models will always produce incorrect results moving forward. As a prominent scientist from the U.S. National Center for Atmospheric Research recently stated:

Quote:

"The scientific community is uncertain about how the effects of clouds will change in the future."

The article that C3 Headlines is referring to in theirs:

Clouds Play X-Factor in Global Warming

Quote:

It is a little-known but significant fact that about 70 percent of the Earth's surface is covered by clouds at any given time. But not all clouds are the same; different types of clouds affect the Earth's climate differently. While some types of clouds help to warm the Earth, others help to cool it.

Currently, all of the Earth's clouds together exert a net cooling effect on our planet. But the large and opposing influences of clouds on the Earth's climate begs the question: What will be the net effect of all of the Earth's clouds on climate as the Earth continues to warm in the future? Will clouds accelerate warming or help offset, or dull, warming? Right now, Quote:

"The scientific community is uncertain about how the effects of clouds will change in the future," says Hugh Morrison, a scientist at NCAR in Boulder, Colo.

That's why, in 1997, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) described clouds as "the largest source of uncertainty" in predictions of climate change. To reduce this uncertainty and improve predictions of climate change/global warming, scientists are now working to better understand the relationships between clouds and climate......

Most scientists doubt that the net cooling effect of clouds will ever be large enough to completely offset ongoing warming. But many scientists say that if warming were to increase the number or kind of cooling clouds or decrease the presence of warming clouds, the current net cooling effect of clouds on the Earth's climate would probably increase, and thereby moderate, or offset, ongoing warming.

If warming were to continue, the net cooling effect of clouds would increase and, in a negative feedback loop, perpetuate the moderating force on ongoing warming provided by clouds. The result: The Earth's end-of-the-century temperature may be pulled down toward the lower end of its predicted range.

But, if on the other hand, warming were to increase the number or kind of warming clouds or decrease the presence of cooling clouds, scientists say the current net cooling effect of clouds on the Earth's climate would probably decrease; and an important moderating force on ongoing warming would thereby diminish. The result: The Earth's end-of-the-century temperature may be pushed up towards the upper end of its predicted range.

This resulting rise in temperature would, in a positive feedback loop, tend to promote the formation of even more warming clouds or further reduce the presence of cooling clouds. Either way, temperatures would rise even higher. This temperature increase would tend to further increase the presence of warming clouds or decrease the presence of cooling clouds, and thereby perpetuate the warming cycle.

If you take the time and refer to the original article, you will find that C3 often takes things out of context or misquotes without referring to the conclusion of the article itself. I have done this in previous post of jg to refute his/her posts.

Like it or not, this is a science thread. If you want to refute AGW, then present scientific evidence to the contrary. Don't keep using the same old blogs that aren't based on any science at all. If you want to continue to post from blog links, you will find that people will stop reading anything you post here, and maybe its time to close this link.
    Quote:

FineTunes, this is not your blog.

OMG are saying this thread is a BLOG??????

MUMBO JUMBO IS RIGHT THEN--MJ BELIEVES THAT THIS IS A BLOG---YOU BOTH CAN AGREE ON SOMETHING
    I'm not posting links to relevant information in here for you. You've already made up your mind.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

I like you FineTunes.

Thanks, I needed that.

I noticed that jg will make comments on other threads, but when it comes to science, jg just posts links to denier blogs. Once jg did post something interesting on biofuels--maybe a topic for another thread?

Quote:

I'm not posting links to relevant information in here for you. You've already made up your mind.

The problem is that the information you are posting is not relevant nor is it fact.

The Mock Turtle from AIW

Quote:

What is the use of repeating all that stuff, if you don't explain it as you go on? It's by far the most confusing thing I ever heard!

Quote:

The problem is that the information you are posting is not relevant nor is it fact.

The problem is that you are not interested in science.