Review: Apple's 2010 11.6-inch and 13.3-inch MacBook Air

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Well, I can understand its use for something like an iPad or an iPhone, but I'm still puzzled how an accelerometer/SMS would be useful in an notebook with an SSD.

Doodle Jump!

Seriously though if there is going to be an App Store for the Mac the accelerometer a key to many of the games to be ported.

Assuming Apple blesses the API to that...
  • Reply 122 of 132
    coraxcorax Posts: 47member
    I really LOVE my new MacBook Air 13"... 

Really, really fast boot, 12 seconds (from pushing powerbutton, to loaded desktop).

As a surprice I also noticed a significant overall performance boost compared to my MacBook 13" aluminium unibody (released end 2008 model, bought in febr. 2009 with 2,4GHz and 4GB RAM).

At last, I do enjoy the new screen BIG TIME, 1440x900.

I'm enjoying the Air even more than I thought before purchase (I planned buying it). 
  • Reply 123 of 132
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fernando View Post

Doodle Jump!

Seriously though if there is going to be an App Store for the Mac the accelerometer a key to many of the games to be ported.

Assuming Apple blesses the API to that...

You can already use the SMS as a kind of accelerometer for the Mac. There have been apps out for a while that use it but no significant games or stuff like that AFAIK.

http://semaja2.net/cool-mac-apps

What's really fascinating is this all was out before the iPhone and iPod touch first hit. 4 years can change almost everything.
  • Reply 124 of 132
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G-News View Post

I don't understand what's so important about backlit keyboards. Until something like 8 years ago, nobody even knew backlit keyboards. Plus, if you're typing black on white background, the screen is plenty bright enough to let you see the keys too, if you absolutely need to see them. I applaud Apple for shaving off more thickness instead of adding the illuminated keyboard on top. I don't miss it at all.

It all depends on how much you want to look down, OR, whether you sometimes use your MacBook in an international mode-- for me that's Japanese and it sometimes requires looking at the keyboard to get things right.
  • Reply 125 of 132
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    For those MBA buyers, Monoprice has a USB-A 2.0 to Ethernet adapter for under $5.
  • Reply 126 of 132
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,141member
    Quote:

A4 application processor and 1GB of RAM.

Its 256MB for the first iPad that was in this comparison. Even the iPad 2 has half the stated amount of RAM as here.
  • Reply 127 of 132
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G-News View Post

There's always someone who complains. If th room, using the one finger at a time method. Or they'd complain about the keyboard reflecting on the glossy screen or something else.

best post this month

!!!!!!

i hurt my self from root beer going fizz up my nose

peace

• Reply 128 of 132
    charlesecharlese Posts: 3member
    So when they produce the retina screen version of the MBA later this year you'll be able to fold the screen back on itself and it will immediately boot up iOS and the screen will become touch sensitive and the device will become an iPad. My computing experience will then be complete apart from all the dongles I have to carry around to hook the thing up. Oh just one more thing - don't forget the security port.
  • Reply 129 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlese View Post

So when they produce the retina screen version of the MBA later this year you'll be able to fold the screen back on itself and it will immediately boot up iOS and the screen will become touch sensitive and the device will become an iPad.

It might happen, tsshyeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.
  • Reply 130 of 132
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlese View Post

So when they produce the retina screen version of the MBA later this year you'll be able to fold the screen back on itself and it will immediately boot up iOS and the screen will become touch sensitive and the device will become an iPad. My computing experience will then be complete apart from all the dongles I have to carry around to hook the thing up. Oh just one more thing - don't forget the security port.

Yes. YES.

I see no reason they couldn't actually build this. Even with a very high price I bet this would sell. iWant MBA Touch edition!
  • Reply 131 of 132
    igs123igs123 Posts: 1member

amazing contents in blog...

indiagiftservices.com

• Reply 132 of 132
    ecsecs Posts: 307member

I know this is an old thread, but I was collecting images of the late 2010 MBA logic board and find this one...

...and, if I'm not mistaken, the CPU and GPU have been incorrectly labeled here.

This is the image from this review:

http://photos.appleinsidercdn.com/2010MBA.006.jpg

(this image appears at page #3 of the review)

And this one is from the iFixIt teardown of the same machine:

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook-Air-11-Inch-Late-2010-Teardown/3745/1#s17837

As you can see, the CPU and the GPU are "mirrored" in these images... I think the one from ifixit is right, because you can clearly read "nvidia" if you zoom in the huge image version.