ClamXav

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Does anyone know about this anti virus program for Apple called Clam Xav? thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    markallanmarkallan Posts: 43member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Does anyone know about this anti virus program for Apple called Clam Xav? thanks

Yes, I do. ...but as I'm the developer, I'm bound to be slightly biased!

You can get it from www.clamxav.com or have a look at the support/discussion forums to get some idea of how other people use it and what they think of it.

M
  • Reply 2 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:

Nothing more than it's completely unnecessary. You don't need it unless you like to have useless software catching Windows viruses.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    markallanmarkallan Posts: 43member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Nothing more than it's completely unnecessary. You don't need it unless you like to have useless software catching Windows viruses.

Well, it has been catching the recent MacDefender and MacSecurity trojans as well.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkAllan View Post

Well, it has been catching the recent MacDefender and MacSecurity trojans as well.

Good defensive on your part.This other member has a to and mighty attitude about him. I will try your program. Thanks
  • Reply 5 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:

Good defensive on your part.

Not really.

Quote:

This other member has a to and mighty attitude about him.

Quote:

I will try your program. Thanks

If you make (yet) another thread where you're complaining about your Mac being slower than it had been, you know where to go to fix it.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not really.

If you make (yet) another thread where you're complaining about your Mac being slower than it had been, you know where to go to fix it.

I think you have a chip on your shoulder which is to heavy for you to carry.People like you are to high and mighty for me.What happened to your response? I presume nothing to say that is positive only negativity reigns with you I see.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarkAllan View Post

I downloaded your program and it works well.Thanks.