Apple locks in Tim Cook as CEO with restricted stock bonus worth $383 million

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited January 2014
Apple's new chief executive has been awarded a million restricted shares of Apple that vest over the next decade, ensuring his continued employment through 2021.

At today's closing stock valuation, one million shares of Apple would be worth $383.6 million.

However, the restricted stock units Apple's board voted to awarded Cook won't begin to vest until August 2016, when half of the award will convert into shares or a cash equivalent, depending upon how the award is set up.

The second half of Cook's million restricted stock units vest in August 2021. Both vesting dates are contingent upon his "continued employment with Apple through each such date," according to Apple's 8K filing with the SEC.

A variety of analysts have already set Apple's stock targets as high as $500, and in ten years, Apple's stock price could easily make Cook's award worth considerably more than half a billion dollars.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Cook's aware worth considerably more than half a billion dollars.

It wouldn't be a DED article without a typo. Some things never change.
  • Reply 2 of 66
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    Tim Cook will only stay as long as he enjoys what he does. Let's hope he stays. He is amazing.
  • Reply 3 of 66
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    I know it's a celebrity rag, but TMZ just posted a picture of a VERY frail Steve Jobs. I won't post the image here, but here's the link:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/26/steve-...k#.TlgUOnMlb-Q

So sad to see him this way

Tim has some big shoes to fill
  • Reply 4 of 66
    Tim would stay at Apple even if he's only paid $1/yr.

He frickin loves Apple.
  • Reply 5 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

I know it's a celebrity rag, but TMZ just posted a picture of a VERY frail Steve Jobs.

I don't think we need these images here, thanks - Mod

So much for the speculation of him still being actively involved in Apple. He looks like he doesn't have much time left. Very sad.
  • Reply 6 of 66
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    I'm guessing more like $1B after 10 years.
  • Reply 7 of 66
    shadashshadash Posts: 470member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

I know it's a celebrity rag, but TMZ just posted a picture of a VERY frail Steve Jobs. I won't post the image here, but here's the link:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/26/steve-...k#.TlgUOnMlb-Q

So sad to see him this way

Tim has some big shoes to fill

Dick move to post this tripe. I sure as hell wouldn't want my intimate moments posted on the Internet for the world to see.
  • Reply 8 of 66
    shadashshadash Posts: 470member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleLover2 View Post

So much for the speculation of him still being actively involved in Apple. He looks like he doesn't have much time left. Very sad.

So you weren't cool with just a link. You had to put the fucking picture up, so we all can't miss it? How about you get some taste and delete it, huh?
  • Reply 9 of 66
    I wish I hadn't seen that!
  • Reply 10 of 66
    Quote:

... picture removed for delicate eyes ...

I don't usually indulge in conspiracies but I think these might be fake. There is something terribly wrong with the black trousers, the lines look artificial.

Also, after 30 years of wearing black turtle necks and bluejeans he switches to black culotte's on the day of his departure? ... and stands in a parking lot for a photograph?
  • Reply 11 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadash View Post

So you weren't cool with just a link. You had to put the fucking picture up, so we all can't miss it? How about you get some taste and delete it, huh?

I can only hope that Applelover read what I originally wrote.
  • Reply 12 of 66
    this is absolutely FAKE.
  • Reply 13 of 66
    Looks like a photoshopped picture. I suggest all posters NOT include the link to the ridiculous picture. Some people are just bastards !!
  • Reply 14 of 66
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadash View Post

Dick move to post this tripe. I sure as hell wouldn't want my intimate moments posted on the Internet for the world to see.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone. That's why I posted a link instead of posting the image
  • Reply 15 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I don't usually indulge in conspiracies but I think these might be fake. There is something terribly wrong with the black trousers, the lines look artificial.

Also, after 30 years of wearing black turtle necks and bluejeans he switches to black culotte's on the day of his departure? ... and stands in a parking lot for a photograph?

Please remove the picture.

My initial reaction was that this was probably a picture taken, at the hospital, as he was recovering from his liver transplant -- I could understand him looking that way -- taking a picture of him, no!
  • Reply 16 of 66
    Anyway... back to Tim's stock bonus... oddly enough, Amelio was given 1 million shares to head Apple. In that case Tim should have received even more.
  • Reply 17 of 66
    Quote:

Please remove the picture!
  • Reply 18 of 66
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    Quote:

Leave the guy alone, take the picture down.
  • Reply 19 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Please remove the picture.

My initial reaction was that this was probably a picture taken, at the hospital, as he was recovering from his liver transplant -- I could understand him looking that way -- taking a picture of him, no!

I think you might be right. This doesn't look like a man who could have spent a day at the office 2 days before this photo was allegedly taken. There's lots of negative buzz about these photos.
  • Reply 20 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    It's AppleLover2. What did anyone expect?

Also, who's the guy with Steve and why have we never seen this guy before?