FLAC (lossless) to iTunes Apple Lossless?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

Third XLD, one of the best free apps on the Mac! When ripping/converting it even sends conversions to separate cores so it blazes through conversion tasks on a multi-processor iMac or Mac Pro!

Forth on XLD!

Remember to open folder with all three files: .flac .log and .cue
  • Reply 22 of 38
    but the xld seems to be in japanese. ??
  • Reply 23 of 38
    The link to the freeware program XLD, is broken.

Good news it's on macupdate now.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/234...ssless-decoder

here's the current developer site:

http://tmkk.pv.land.to/xld/index_e.html
  • Reply 24 of 38
    XLD is perfect for this. I just converted at 45 minute flac album to apple lossless in about 30 seconds. XLD can even automatically add to iTune.

XIPH is great except all that does is let you play music in quicktime/iTune, you still can't copy flac to your iPhone.
  • Reply 25 of 38
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phasornc View Post

XLD is perfect for this. I just converted at 45 minute flac album to apple lossless in about 30 seconds. XLD can even automatically add to iTune.

XIPH is great except all that does is let you play music in quicktime/iTune, you still can't copy flac to your iPhone.

That's more the fault of the iPhone than a limitation of the software. No software's gonna get your FLAC files on an iDevice, and the POINT of this software is to not HAVE any more FLAC.
  • Reply 26 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That's more the fault of the iPhone than a limitation of the software. No software's gonna get your FLAC files on an iDevice, and the POINT of this software is to not HAVE any more FLAC.

*** Note: The following is NOT an iTunes solution for playing FLAC ***

*** The following IS a solution for playing FLAC files up to 24-bit, 96kHz on the iPhone, IPod touch and iPad (with iOS 3.2 or later) ***

*** This app is NOT free and costs $9.99 ***

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flac-...390532592?mt=8

Description

FLAC Player is a high-quality music player designed for lossless, gapless playback of albums and live recordings in FLAC format.

With FLAC Player, loading music is easy and organization is automatic. Files are grouped into collections based on FLAC tags, or file

names (if tags are not present). Quickly add music, artwork, and track lists using iTunes USB File Sharing.

FLAC Player supports the premier technologies on iOS4: background audio playback, remote control,

and import of files from other apps (Filer, Dropbox, even Safari)

Features:

☆ Lossless, gapless playback optimized for iOS

☆ Decodes FLAC files up to 24-bit, 96kHz, Hardware output up to 16-bit, 48kHz

☆ Bookmark any song and jump back to the same position

☆ Background audio playback (requires iOS4 multitasking)

☆ Remote controls (via headphone, lock screen, bluetooth, or dock connector - requires iOS4)

☆ Supports bluetooth headphones and audio devices (not recommended for quality)

☆ Supports AirPlay audio output to Apple TV 2 and AirPort Express

☆ Album art viewer (jpeg, png, tiff, bmp, gif)

☆ Text/Info file viewer (txt, pdf, html, doc, rtf)

☆ Sort FLAC files by track number, file name, date modified, or manually

☆ Optimized for low power-usage
  • Reply 27 of 38
    Oh, neat. Well, that sort of works.

I recently finished moving my entire library (well, everything that I was ever going to find lossless) to ALAC from either rips or FLAC source, so it's too late for me.

Not that I necessarily wanted FLAC anyway, but Max is just too good an application to pass up.
  • Reply 28 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by goodbabywell View Post

Just google search Step by Step Guide on How to Convert FLAC to iTunes Compatible Audio to Import FLAC to iTunes, iTunes Match

you will find as many solutions as possible on how to import flac to itunes apple lossless

Or just download XLD for free and do it with zero steps.
  • Reply 29 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KiNGME View Post

Is there a Mac program that will take FLAC and APE files and convert them into Apple Lossless (m4a) for import into iTunes?

Just google search Step by Step Guide on How to Import FLAC to iTunes

you will find a simple solution to import flac to itunes, and this guide also applies to import ape to itunes
  • Reply 30 of 38
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Thank you all... great thread. XLD is AWESOME!

AppleInsider forum members to the rescue, again! When I google how to do things...Many times I end up back here.
  • Reply 31 of 38
    it will be better if itunes can directly play flac

or can anyone suggest a nice flac player
  • Reply 32 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by igrowingbaby View Post

it will be better if itunes can directly play flac

or can anyone suggest a nice flac player

Why? Just use XLD to convert to ALAC instead. ALAC's a better format.
  • Reply 33 of 38
    Eh, I just convert flac to wav, then import adn tag them in iTunes, then make an ALAC copy, yeah, it's kind of a pain, but once you get used to it, it's really easy.
  • Reply 34 of 38
    oliviakoliviak Posts: 1member

Bigasoft Audio Converter can convert FLAC, APE to Apple Lossless ALAC, WAV, 24bit WAV, MP3, 320kbps MP3 while preserving ID3 tags. It is also capable of splitting FLAC, APE based the CUE files. You may visit the detailed guide to convert APE/FLAC to ALAC here:

http://softwaretree.net/article/how-to-convert-ape-to-apple-lossless-alac-on-mac-or-windows.html

• Reply 35 of 38

I just convert FLAC to Apple LossLess M4A, WAV with Faasoft Audio Converter to import FLAC to iTunes.

• Reply 36 of 38
    You May try iDealshare VideoGo for Mac Which can [URL=http://www.idealshare.net/itunes-quicktime/itunes-flac-solution.html]convert FLAC to iTunes Apple Lossless[/URL]

It also can convert FLAC to WAV, MP3, AAC, WMA, RA and etc.

It also has Windows version.
  • Reply 37 of 38
    I know a professional FLAC to ALAC Converter called iDealshare VideoGo which can convert FLAC to Apple Lossless ALAC M4A format, AIFF, WAV, MP3, AAC and etc
  • Reply 38 of 38

I use iDealshare VideoGo to batch convert FLAC to iTunes ALAC Apple Lossless, it supports directly drag the FLAC forlder and then convert them at a time.

And it has both Mac version and Windows and also can convert FLAC to MP3, WAV, AIFF, AAC, WMA, and etc.