Sync between iPad, iPhone and iMAC G5 running power PC

Posted:
in iCloud edited January 2014
Help needed please. My wife has had an iMAC G5 (power PC) running OSX 10.5.8 and had been very successfully synchronising iCal and Contacts with this and an iPod touch. Before Christmas she moved to an iPhone running iOS 5 which she again synchronised to the iMAC. For Christmas she got an iPad again running iOS 5. Problem is how to synchronise the three as iCloud does not run on the iMAC. I synced the iPhone to the iMAC and then turned off synching on the iPhone and turned on iCloud on the iPhone and iPad. This resulted in many duplicates in iCal. Contacts were OK. Any suggestions??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by escarpamiento View Post

Problem is how to synchronise the three as iCloud does not run on the iMAC.

iMac.

And you can't, unless you do it manually via iTunes or buy a newer computer.

Quote:

I synced the iPhone to the iMAC and then turned off synching on the iPhone and turned on iCloud on the iPhone and iPad.

I would suggest wiping the iPad of the stuff you want to sync, syncing the iPhone with the iMac, turning on iCloud on the iPhone, and then waiting a little bit for all that stuff to get up in the cloud.

Then turn on iCloud on the iPad and it should just sync down everything that is on the iPhone, and by extension the iMac.

From then on, making changes on either the iPhone or the iPad should affect the other, but you'll need to physically sync to make said changes to or from the iMac.