Video: Weekend Tech Review: iBooks Event Week 3 2012

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Here's a video recap of the top tech stories involving Apple for the third week of 2012, including a look at Apple's iBooks Event, product news, the week's business stories, and upcoming events.

You can also follow us on Twitter: @appleinsider and @DanielEran.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Could we stop with the immature jabs at Microsoft.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    So apparently Dustin Hoffman's lawyer called. He's not happy that his clients trademarked Rain Man acting style has been so slavishly copied (note: that was my facetious attempt at trying to say these videos are terrible without sounding mean)
  • Reply 3 of 16
    I thought the video was well done. I like it when a little humor is used...the expression on his face when he says, "in an iBook..." made me smile. Peeps need to loosen up a little...try whistling, it's virtually impossible to be grumpy, when ur whistling!
  • Reply 4 of 16
    povilaspovilas Posts: 473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It was funny.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:

Why?
  • Reply 6 of 16
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Good fun and I forward the YouTube link to all my Apple using friends that don't read AI but I am sure would like to know the real, unbiased news behind Apple . Many own AAPL now due to my advice so I appreciate this moral back up to my views.

p.s. Don't drop the humor in them.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Quote:

It's in the DED DNA!
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Quote:

I'd like to see more of that. It is entertaining. I thought that the crossouts of the fake MS news were great.

Daniel: Speak more slowly. Enunciate more. Vary your tonality to emphasize the important words and phrases.

So far, so good. More tonal emphasis, combined with more unexpected stuff like the MS news, would make these videos go from "pretty good" to great.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

I'd like to see more of that. It is entertaining. I thought that the crossouts of the fake MS news were great.

Daniel: Speak more slowly. Enunciate more. Vary your tonality to emphasize the important words and phrases.

So far, so good. More tonal emphasis, combined with more unexpected stuff like the MS news, would make these videos go from "pretty good" to great.

Well done and informative,

I concur with Zither's constructive suggestions.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Yeah Dan, like the others said; Good Work!

The Windows jabs were funny and much appreciated.

Looking forward to the next one.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    When do we get iBooks for Mac OS?

Amazon hasn't been afraid to undermine Kindle sales with native apps for major platforms.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    duplicate
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Why?

Personally I don't really "care" about Microsoft (or Google or Apple... or any company). If a company makes a cool product I buy it, but that's the extent of my relationship with them.

The trouble with the immature jabs like this is that it affects the audiance the website attracts.

It's like if an Android blogger writes "Apple is for fags" in their blog they are going to attract a certain kind of reader. Same thing here.

Unfortunately AI seems pretty intent on going down this path. I suppose clicks are worth more to the bank balance than integrity.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Personally I don't really "care" about Microsoft (or Google or Apple... or any company). If a company makes a cool product I buy it, but that's the extent of my relationship with them.

The trouble with the immature jabs like this is that it affects the audiance the website attracts.

It's like if an Android blogger writes "Apple is for fags" in their blog they are going to attract a certain kind of reader. Same thing here.

Unfortunately AI seems pretty intent on going down this path. I suppose clicks are worth more to the bank balance than integrity.

The reality is you just have an axe to grind with DED, and so just like "Ireland," you pop up here on every damn story he has the byline on and start offering "concerned citizen" warnings about how dangerous he is and how it troubles you and should others too, if they care about the world surviving.

Give me a break. You have never articulated anything wrong with what he says, you just offer snide personal attacks. It's getting really tiresome.

Voice your opinion or why you think DED has stated something incorrect or deceptively misleading, but don't just blab about how awful he is for using humor.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

The reality is you just have an axe to grind with DED, and so just like "Ireland," you pop up here on every damn story he has the byline on and start offering "concerned citizen" warnings about how dangerous he is and how it troubles you and should others too, if they care about the world surviving.

Give me a break. You have never articulated anything wrong with what he says, you just offer snide personal attacks. It's getting really tiresome.

Voice your opinion or why you think DED has stated something incorrect or deceptively misleading, but don't just blab about how awful he is for using humor.

Wow... let me know if you need some help getting that sand out of your hair when you finally come up for some air!
  • Reply 16 of 16
    I really wish Apple hadn't screwed up with iWeb. Why didn't they keep it going and update it and make a professional version? It could have been awesome...