Samsung Galaxy Note Super Bowl ad takes more jabs at Apple users

Comments

• Reply 61 of 349
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Didn't help that the product sucked and worked like a pre-beta. (Which Matias Duarte admitted Android 3.0 pretty much was)

Yeah Google is so innovative they don't have a clue on how to make a software on tablet until they saw iPad and convinced. Too bad Steve didn't let Eric saw a prototype.

That points to one thing: Android is a copycat.
  • Reply 62 of 349
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

Horrible Ad.

That Phone is too big.

Is it a phone? Is it a tablet?Is it a pad? Phobletpad?

That is their (Samsung and everyone else's) problem.

They don't have any idea what they are trying to compete with so they simply keep changing everything and end up with abortions.

Make a phone and/or make a tablet, Make it good, make it right and make is solid. People will buy it.

If they would compete with themselves and their own products, they would end up with better products. Don't come out with 3-4 different models every 2 or 3 months.
  • Reply 63 of 349
    "What is that? Is that a pen?"

Been there, done that.

http://youtu.be/PpmJ16sfQyw
  • Reply 64 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post

racist comment removed

Please tell us how you really feel.
  • Reply 65 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Excuse me! What planet are you on? this one was good????

This is a lousy ad, in term of creativity, production, taste and class. If you think it's good well...

On topic. This phone is too small to write, too big to use as a phone. Fail!

Subjective =\\= objective.
  • Reply 66 of 349
    Saw the commercial that started with the usual scene of people waiting in line and sighed. Then, a beacon of light in the stupidity to hammer home the true idiocy of these ads, it has a pen!!! I literally busted out laughing amidst my friends who didn't quite get the joke. Welcome to the 90s Samsung! Sweet effing Jesus, Samsung, WTF?!!! Does it play fvcking 8-tracks, too?
  • Reply 67 of 349
    Quote:

Subjective =\\= objective.

Of course. But like I said, it will reflect your creative, taste...etc.. etc..

Oh, and no, that comment is not subjective. It's a professional comment. I'm working in advertising for 20 years.
  • Reply 68 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

There is quite an active market for capacative styluses around. My wife has a couple. Quite handy for note taking on the ipad, when the finger is a big fat sausage in comparison.

Your wife has fingers like big fat sausages? Someone is sleeping on the couch tonight.
  • Reply 69 of 349
    Ad started pretty good, and halfway through turned into an average cheezy commercial.

Looks like their engineering dept is more creative than their marketing. Beating up Apple is old news now that mr. Cook is in charge. give it a rest
  • Reply 70 of 349
    Quote:

Yeah Google is so innovative they don't have a clue on how to make a software on tablet until they saw iPad and convinced. Too bad Steve didn't let Eric saw a prototype.

That points to one thing: Android is a copycat.

In this scenario you painted the only way Android is a copycat would be if Android on tablets looked like iOS on tablets. Hint: it doesn't.
  • Reply 71 of 349
    Quote:

Of course. But like I said, it will reflect your creative, taste...etc.. etc..

Oh, and no, that comment is not subjective. It's a professional comment. I'm working in advertising for 20 years.

Good for you. It's still subjective.
  • Reply 72 of 349
    Question to those dissing the actual device. Have you used it?
  • Reply 73 of 349
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member
    This commercial does not seem to communicate with viewers. Not a good commercial.

I bought my wife a white Galaxy Note almost 3 month ago. She has been using it a lot and enjoying every moment. (She is still thanking me)

Stylus was not perfect (quite slippery to write on glass) initially, but is ok after getting used to it. And this is the only downside so far. I am considering buying a digitized pen with different tips or screen protector especially made for stylus devises if there is any.

My wife once dropped it on concrete floor around fire place in our home. it has just one unnoticeable mark on rim covering glass edge. I think it is the design that makes GT strong, not the material.

Yes it is huge being 5.3 inch phone, but size is not an issue if you own (from our experience) You will feel that other phones are too small.

I think this is the best smartphone currently available on earth. Apple should bring iPhone 5 sooner.
  • Reply 74 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Extensor View Post

Your wife has fingers like big fat sausages? Someone is sleeping on the couch tonight.

Hahahaha. Oh my goodness. Almost cried from laughing so hard.
  • Reply 75 of 349
    mrrmrr Posts: 69member
    I actually *WANT* a Stylus!!

I am tired of doing graphics that look like finger painting when I could use a stylus!.

I am tired of having to type out notes on a tiny keyboard when I could jot down a note with with a stylus!.

Swiping is good for moving from screen to screen, but not great for graphics or text entry.
  • Reply 76 of 349
    Quote:

In this scenario you painted the only way Android is a copycat would be if Android on tablets looked like iOS on tablets. Hint: it doesn't.

That's not what I painted. What I painted is Google absolutely have no idea what tablet should be like.. until they saw iPad. That's why their software was beta ONE year after iPad released. (Why Google should make their software looks exactly like iOS? They want to get sued? Silly.)
  • Reply 77 of 349
    Quote:

That's not what I painted. What I painted is Google absolutely have no idea what tablet should be like.. until they saw iPad. That's why their software was beta ONE year after iPad release. (of course, Why Google should make their software looks exactly like iOS? They want to get sued? Silly.)

Welcome to the free market. Wtf.

Good ideas are copied, personalized, altered, modified, improved etc. Mr. Jobs said so himself.

You lot seriously don't seem to understand the notion of competition.

And it was beta because it was a rush job to get something to market. They admitted it.

Also even if tomorrow a company released a tablet concept that blew the iPad out of the water on all facets no one would buy it because it is not Apple.

Mindshare goes a long way.
  • Reply 78 of 349
    Well then this product would be great for you. I'd still choose an iPad regardless. It's just easy to use regardless if I have to type or not.
  • Reply 79 of 349
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Wow, that thing is awesome, if only I could buy a clothes dryer that has that. What, I can?!

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...te.html&page=3
  • Reply 80 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrr View Post

I actually *WANT* a Stylus!!

I am tired of doing graphics that look like finger painting when I could use a stylus!.

I am tired of having to type out notes on a tiny keyboard when I could jot down a note with with a stylus!.

Swiping is good for moving from screen to screen, but not great for graphics or text entry.

I don't think Stylus is needed for a phone but it will be great to have on a tablet.