Apple now worth more than Google and Microsoft combined [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OllieWallieWhiskers View Post

Apple is about to unveil the "Sell a share, get an iPad" program.

+1
  • Reply 22 of 190
  • Reply 23 of 190
    Apple and Apple shareholders are only getting what has been due from Wall Street over the last couple of years. What I mean is that Apple is finally being recognized as a very successful company that has changed both the computer and cellphone industry immensely and has provided many jobs whether locally or abroad. For Wall Street to ignore Apple the way it has just seems criminal. Over this past quarter, I'm more than satisfied over Apple's share price boost and I have no reason to call for a dividend or buyback. I'm content with the slow and steady climb of the stock over the past year and hope it continues for the rest of the year. Apple is certainly the best stock I've ever owned or could ever hope to own. Thanks, Apple. Put the screws to Wall Street and make them take notice.
  • Reply 24 of 190
    To infinity, and beyond ...!
  • Reply 25 of 190
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

What just happened to the stock?

Holy cow!

With no news what so ever, it suddenly shoot up for no reason. While we have expected to rise pass $500, it should have taken many small steps.

I am guessing iPad 3 rumors is another driving factor.
  • Reply 26 of 190
    AAPL could be $5 a share and it would still be worth more to me than Google and Microsoft combined.
  • Reply 27 of 190
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Note that this happened after Steve Jobs death so those that said Apple is nothing without Jobs and that it would collapse immediately after Jobs death as share holders would lose faith should be eating crow right about now.
  • Reply 28 of 190
    Why did the stock go up $17 so far today?! What happened last night to do this? It's a normal day; it's supposed to go up by $1 at most and down by $4-10 like the insane ramblers believe.
  • Reply 29 of 190
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Notice the new talking points by the haters. Apple is TOO successful, has TOO much money, is taking TOO much profits in the mobile industry, thereby starving innovation. Seems everybody is clucking their tongues about Apple these days. IT wanks were just fine with the Microsoft hegemony but Apple is just TOO big to accept. God forbid Apple should call the shots these days.
  • Reply 30 of 190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Note that this happened after Steve Jobs death so those that said Apple is nothing without Jobs and that it would collapse immediately after Jobs death as share holders would lose faith should be eating crow right about now.

It has been noted elsewhere that since Jobs' death Apple has grown by 1 Facebook in value. We need a new terminology to describe Apple's growth. "Apple grew by .75 Googles today" or "by 10 Dells."
  • Reply 31 of 190
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

It has been noted elsewhere that since Jobs' death Apple has grown by 1 Facebook in value. We need a new terminology to describe Apple's growth. "Apple grew by .75 Googles today" or "by 10 Dells."

For astronomical units we can use Apple Cash to denote a measure of $100 billion.
  • Reply 32 of 190
    Quote:

I'm not sure how many said "immediately".

Usually these things take a while. It is like redirecting a battleship. Analysts know that.
  • Reply 33 of 190
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Great news for some of the very patient Apple investors here who've been waiting for significant stock movement the past few months.

I think some of you guys should send out gift cards to the rest of us poor folk who don't have Apple in our portfolios. You know, just to rub it it.

A simple VISA gift card will work fine for me. No need for anything special.
  • Reply 34 of 190
    Quote:

For astronomical units we can use Apple Cash to denote a measure of $100 billion.

"Oprah Money" seems like small potatoes in comparison.
  • Reply 35 of 190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ksec View Post

With no news what so ever, it suddenly shoot up for no reason. While we have expected to rise pass $500, it should have taken many small steps.

I'm guessing it took investors a while to digest and analyze last quarter's numbers. Once it dawned on them what those numbers really meant, well, all hell has broken loose now.
  • Reply 36 of 190
    496... what's going on...
  • Reply 37 of 190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ksec View Post

Oh yeah, like that was a surprise....
  • Reply 38 of 190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Great news for some of the very patient Apple investors here who've been waiting for significant stock movement the past few months.

I think some of you guys should send out gift cards to the rest of us poor folk who don't have Apple in our portfolios. You know, just to rub it it.

A simple VISA gift card will work fine for me. No need for anything special.

I agree, people do rub it in... too bad I should have kept the stocks back from 2003...
  • Reply 39 of 190
    focherfocher Posts: 687member
    I be luvin me my's Apple stock. I moved my previous employer 401k over to a Rollover IRA last year, then promptly bought all AAPL with it. I'm long on Apple.
  • Reply 40 of 190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenshinluo View Post

496... what's going on...

The most remarkable thing is, Apple's trailing P/E is still only 14x, even at this price. Essentially, the same as that of Walmart! The average for the S&P500 during the last 100 years is 16x!!

Let's not even talk about Apple's forward P/E.....