US NOAA ditches BlackBerry, chooses Apple's iPhone and iPad

Comments

• Reply 21 of 82
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

I see the circle jerk continues. I hope you all wear gloves.

Only because they can't self fellate.
  • Reply 22 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

I see your point. I meant to be bashing the ad. Something didn't ring true with a guy coming over to an Apple line and someone being drawn away by a stylus. I just wasn't the target of the ad.

Not as bad as the voice text ad. Lol
  • Reply 23 of 82
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:

No it is impressive. And well deserved. The constant bashing of other platforms and their users is what's annoying me.

As if being a "part" of the winning team isn't enough, you have to piss on the competition as well.

It's immature.

How about they give the little league sports salute of old... "2, 4, 6, 8... Who do we appreciate..."

Besides it's only payback from years of abuse that the Mac faithful of old had to endure being pissed on by the competition, merely for the fact that we used an Apple computer... Immature? Maybe. Rather, I'd go with letting off some steam. \

/

/

/
  • Reply 24 of 82
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:

No it is impressive. And well deserved. The constant bashing of other platforms and their users is what's annoying me.

As if being a "part" of the winning team isn't enough, you have to piss on the competition as well.

It's immature.

You're absolutely right. Where's Slapppy when we need him???
  • Reply 25 of 82
    Just 15 years ago, SJ announced at Macworld Boston 1997, the deal with Microsoft that enabled Apple to stay in business until the i devices turned the ship around.

I don't think even the most rabid fanboy could have imagined where Apple would be today and it's just astonishing to go from near broke to the biggest and richest. AAPL nearly at 500.00...
  • Reply 26 of 82
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Quote:

Not as bad as the voice text ad. Lol

That one angered me. She was way too hot to say anything but, "Get the hell out of here."
  • Reply 27 of 82
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Their touchscreen-based UI looks good.

Quote:

They haven't had much success with that in recent years. I like what they've been doing lately and yet I am not compelled to watch their even on the 29th. I just figure I'll happen across it just from reading tech news. That's not a good sign for MS.

Hey, don't get me wrong. Of all the other players, at least Microsoft has earned respect in my eyes for trying to do their own thing instead of the blatant copying that Android does.

WebOS could have, should have, but failed to bad marketing and hugely-stupid management decisions.

RIM had their shot, they got too lazy and comfy up in that pedestal palace to see the army that iOS was coming up to its front gates. They blew it miserably.

I'd like to see Microsoft really put the effort into their mobile offerings. I do like differentiating options.

To those that play the "Android gives choice to the consumer.. " whining, I say BS. Has nothing to do with consumers, and all about companies doing their own thing instead of ripping-off others. Consumers want REAL, unique choices.
  • Reply 28 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

How about they give the little league sports salute of old... "2, 4, 6, 8... Who do we appreciate..."

Besides it's only payback from years of abuse that the Mac faithful of old had to endure being pissed on by the competition, merely for the fact that we used an Apple computer... Immature? Maybe. Rather, I'd go with letting off some steam. \

/

/

/

The modern version is:

"3, 6, 9, 12... Who do we like [almost] as much as ourself..."

• Reply 29 of 82
    Quote:

It's immature.

Hey Absolute? This is an Apple fan site. People are going to cheer and celebrate Apple and bash, rag on, ridicule, make fun of, etc. anything not Apple. It's the one place where we, the faithful, can be with people who are like-minded so we can revel in Apple's success and discuss issues as they pertain to Apple's success (and failures). We don't have to be fair or two-sided, or even mature. Do you know why? Because just about everywhere you turn; you'll see the press piss and moan about Apple; they don't like their success, their working conditions suck, Steve is crazy, blah, blah, blah. This is our place and in a free country, we're free to say what we want (mostly)

You're in the wrong place dude. Everytime Android takes a hit and someone points it out, you have a hissy fit and get your panties in a bunch, as if you think we should be so fair to Android. Fuck Android. Go with the Android lovers. You'll feel more at home there.
  • Reply 30 of 82
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

The modern version is:

"3, 6, 9, 12... Who do we like [almost] as much as ourself..."

And here I thought it was 0, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32...
  • Reply 31 of 82
    Quote:

And here I thought it was 0, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32...

No... 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13.... Those inscrutable Italians
  • Reply 32 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post

Hey Absolute? This is an Apple fan site. People are going to cheer and celebrate Apple and bash, rag on, ridicule, make fun of, etc. anything not Apple. It's the one place where we, the faithful, can be with people who are like-minded so we can revel in Apple's success and discuss issues as they pertain to Apple's success (and failures). We don't have to be fair or two-sided, or even mature. Do you know why? Because just about everywhere you turn; you'll see the press piss and moan about Apple; they don't like their success, their working conditions suck, Steve is crazy, blah, blah, blah. This is our place and in a free country, we're free to say what we want (mostly)

You're in the wrong place dude. Everytime Android takes a hit and someone points it out, you have a hissy fit and get your panties in a bunch, as if you think we should be so fair to Android. Fuck Android. Go with the Android lovers. You'll feel more at home there

I guess I don't feel at home around people who jerk off to anything I say as long as it fits one topic despite how vile said thing may be.

I read many sites. Android, general tech, Windows, Android and by far the fans of this one product are often blemished.by despicable beings who often go uncontested because they are pro-something

It's sad really. But something I can't turn away from.
  • Reply 33 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

You're absolutely right. Where's Slapppy when we need him???

My ignore list. Lol
  • Reply 34 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post

You're in the wrong place dude. Everytime Android takes a hit and someone points it out, you have a hissy fit and get your panties in a bunch, as if you think we should be so fair to Android. Fuck Android. Go with the Android lovers. You'll feel more at home there.

That's all well and fine, and of course it's your right. But one thing I've learned in life is that when someone constantly repeats something is because they're trying to convince themselves of it. You're like the beautiful girl that thinks she's ugly. Apple is winning the race but all you do is look back. Screw RIM, Android, and Windows. They shouldn't even be mentioned. I go on Android sites as well and see almost zero mentions of the iPhone.
  • Reply 35 of 82
    Quote:

There's only one jerk in this circle.
  • Reply 36 of 82
    Quote:

Saran Wrap... much more cost effective!
  • Reply 37 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

That's all well and fine, and of course it's your right. But one thing I've learned in life is that when someone constantly repeats something is because they're trying to convince themselves of it. You're like the beautiful girl that thinks she's ugly. Apple is winning the race but all you do is look back. Screw RIM, Android, and Windows. They shouldn't even be mentioned. I go on Android sites as well and see almost zero mentions of the iPhone.

Not only that but the instances where s commentor disses iOS the comment is rarely cosigned and often ignored. Here it becomes a bad joke circle jerk.
  • Reply 38 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Saran Wrap... much more cost effective!

Lol. You win.
  • Reply 39 of 82
    Quote:

Not only that but the instances where s commentor disses iOS the comment is rarely cosigned and often ignored. Here it becomes a bad joke circle jerk.

Like a dogpile on the rabbit? Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcqdz...e_gdata_player
  • Reply 40 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

or: "2, 4, 6, 8... Who do we appreciate..."

Gimmie a "Z", Gimmie an "O", Gimmie an "O", Gimmie an "M"...

"Zoom, Zoom, ZOOM!"

Backwards: "Mooz, Mooz, MOOZ!"

Inside out: "Ozom, Ozom, OZOM!"

...Ahh... I've waited years to do that!