Apple asks for US preliminary injunction of Samsung's Android 4.0 Galaxy Nexus

Comments

• Reply 141 of 448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I'd love an explanation, once and for all, how Android even has multitasking and how iOS somehow doesn't. Because I just don't get you guys' argument.

Its the tired old argument that Android wasting CPU cycles and power keeping apps alive that are not doing anything is somehow cleverer than not doing do. They are living in desktop OS land and can't find their way out.

As for Voice Control.... dear me, they are deluded.
  • Reply 142 of 448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Google has no history of using patents offensively in the first place, ...

Quote:

... Florian is going to ignore anything detrimental to MS as much as possible. Anything not anti-Google? Probably still wasting your time at FOSSPatents. If it's Apple he's been known to flip-flop lately. Perhaps depending on how his "clients" would be affected? ...

This stuff is so funny coming from Gatorguy. Apparently the guy has no shame. In the past he's quoted "Florian" (nice how he's on a first name basis with him... when he wants to denigrate him, that is) when it supported his argument. Now, lately, when it's all bad news all the time for Google, he's taken to personal attacks on him, like the above questioning his integrity.

The funniest part of this is how Gatorguy gets all self-righteous and indignant about personal attacks when we point out that he's a paid shill, yet he's quick to attack "Florian" when there's no love for Google coming from that quarter. (Yhere can't be love for Google in this matter if you are being objective.) I personally wouldn't mind companies sending shills like Gatorguy here to post "their side of the story" if they were just honest about what they were doing. It's the dishonesty and hypocrisy that are offensive, and that they employ the dishonest and hypocritical to come here to deceive and propagandize.

It's also funny how he maintains this position that Google isn't in control of Moto's deranged lawsuits, when we all know that isn't true. Moto's recent suits and claims against Apple are nothing other than a war waged by Google using Moto as their proxy, a war they will both lose.
  • Reply 143 of 448
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:

Personally I think most of those as used in Android were innovative. Again, I think invention is being confused with innovation.

Invention and innovation cross over a great deal. I think colloquially we use invention to refer to the whole item while we use innovation to refer to a part of it even though one could say they invented a new kind of something.
  • Reply 144 of 448
    neo42neo42 Posts: 287member
    A new low for Apple

I know i am in the minority hear, but when is Apple going to get past Steve's ego? These legal moves are only productive at stifling competition. I love Apple products but really starting to hate the anti-competitive and monopolistic world view
  • Reply 145 of 448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by divinitus View Post

Strange there are people who actually SUPPORT these lawsuit patents although they all work against consumers and developers.

Lawyers win in lawsuits. It is a sad stair of affairs.
  • Reply 146 of 448
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Sure, we've had this discussion before. Google has surely innovated search and ads on the internet but as the joking about that with anantksundaram eludes to the statements made my MicroNix are rubbish. The guy listed multitasking as an innovation. Come on!

So you don't consider any of those in the list (some dating back to the very first Android API's) to be innovative features?
  • Reply 147 of 448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

Then they need to quit pidding around the outskirts and take the lawsuit directly to Google.

No point.

Google carefully set this up so they take no liability - no revenue from Android : nothing to claim in damages.

And before you throw up the "Nexus" card - the only Nexus phone Google sold was the Nexus One. The Nexus S was sold by BestBuy (with unsold units picked up by Vodafone) and the Galaxy Nexus is a Samsung product, Google take no revenue from sales
  • Reply 148 of 448
    Quote:

So you don't consider any of those in the list (some dating back to the very first Android API's) to be innovative features?

No, because they wer bing used by others before Android.
  • Reply 149 of 448
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

This stuff is so funny coming from Gatorguy. Apparently the guy has no shame...

The funniest part of this is how Gatorguy gets all self-righteous and indignant about personal attacks when we point out that he's a paid shill...

How do we know that he/she is a paid shill?

I only get to read his/her posts in the quotes responded to by others. \
  • Reply 150 of 448
    Quote:

I'm sure Google has innovated lots of things in that list as there are many ways to skin a cat, as they say. Whether Google has created a specific innovation and whether Apple has copied that specific innovation instead of creating their own method, or vice versa, is not his point.

He made an argument that Apple stole from Google because he thinks Android came up with all those things first yet most of those have been directly in Mac OS or iOS long before Android and all existed before Android.

If you want to judge whether a feature was innovative you'll have to find a specific feature and describe how Android's version is innovative in comparison to others before it but you can't just pop out a feature and think you made a valid argument.
  • Reply 151 of 448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

How do we know that he/she is a paid shill?

I only get to read his/her posts in the quotes responded to by others. \

Dang, and I only get to see my shadow follower Anonymouse in quotes responded to by others. \

He's still the only one on my ignore list. Everyone else has contributions at least here and there that I wouldn't wanted to have missed.
  • Reply 152 of 448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MicroNix View Post

Apple is a newbie in the cell phone industry and doesn't have a leg to stand on against a company that invented what they use today. Nice try but Motorola is just welcoming them to their own party. Sucks when someone has been doing this for decades longer than you and actually has something of substance doesn't it?

Motorola invented a technology millions use today.

Apple took current technology, modded it, put a nice face on it, added an ecosystem around it and marketed it. They invented nothing that wasn't already possible. However, they took what was already there and made it functional. There's no other way to spin it. EVERYTHING the original iPhone did, was already something that could be done on another *existing* device. Palm and Microsoft paved their way.

Everything is possible but Apple did it first and patented it. Apple has the best and most desirable devices out there.

1. Motorola is crookedly going around the Qualcomm license agreement to try to get to Apple because Google wishes it.

2. Andy Rubin stole Apple technology as he worked under the supervision of the inventors at Apple and is trying to implement it in Android, not to mention the theft of Oracle's Java technology. This guy is a crook. Android *is* a stolen product.

Motorola is a liability that will hurt Google instead of helping it. Google will die out as well because they can no longer innovate. Google has lost its way and has resorted to stealing technology, so, FaceBook, Apple, Microsoft and others will eat Google's lunch and bring them down.

Time will tell.
  • Reply 153 of 448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

What if Samsung stops making the A4, A5 and A6? Wont this pretty much halt all Apple sales? this is getting out of hands.

Only if Samsung fancy getting an even bigger lawsuit for breach of contract and lost sales
  • Reply 154 of 448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MicroNix View Post

Just look at 50% - 80% of the "new" items in iOS 4 and iOS 5 and you'll see Google's innovations.

So even if I accept your premise, I do the math and find you openly admitting that iOS 4 and iOS 5 have from 50% to 20% more innovations. You really should think before you post. This is too easy.
  • Reply 155 of 448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diplication View Post

You really should think before you post. This is too easy.

Which is why so many of us pounced on him like a gazelle who trips in the Serengeti.
  • Reply 156 of 448
    Quote:

I'm sure Google has innovated lots of things in that list as there are many ways to skin a cat, as they say. Whether Google has created a specific innovation and whether Apple has copied that specific innovation instead of creating their own method, or vice versa, is not his point.

He made an argument that Apple stole from Google because he thinks Android came up with all those things first yet most of those have been directly in Mac OS or iOS long before Android and all existed before Android.

If you want to judge whether a feature was innovative you'll have to find a specific feature and describe how Android's version is innovative in comparison to others before it but you can't just pop out a feature and think you made a valid argument.

I marvel at your (and that of some others here) ability to patiently counter the utter trash that the Androider trolls post here.

I think it's a complete waste of time.
  • Reply 157 of 448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post

Multi-touch is the clearest example to me of Android and Samsung stealing from Apple. I do not believe Apple has brought any lawsuit on this yet, outside of the swipe to open including in this compliant.

My understanding is Apple has a library of patents on it, some dating back 20 years. If so, this could be the next hammer that comes down. This would be the nuclear bomb, as Android would not be able to work around it.

Any insight from the board is appreciated

multi-touch itself is free to use by anyone...specific gestures are patented.
  • Reply 158 of 448
    just a question to the Apple fans...

Can Apple even be wrong to you? Legally or ethically? It seems that from your perspectives they are always right, no matter what...
  • Reply 159 of 448
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

just a question to the Apple fans...

Can Apple even be wrong to you? Legally or ethically? It seems that from your perspectives they are always right, no matter what...

Is that even a serious question?
  • Reply 160 of 448
    Quote:

I'm sure Google has innovated lots of things in that list. . .

I was simply curious if we both agreed that some of those Android features were innovative, which we do. I wasn't trying to distract the thread by going into detail.