Apple iTV might not be able to be called iTV

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
The Apple TV might not be able to be called the iTV because of a broadcasting company in the UK that has the same name.

Video explaining it: youtube.com/watch?v=93y4rYOvB5M

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    iTV isn't the coolest name. For once I'd like something a bit more memorable than "iPlaceSomethingSimpleHere"

You know what? Screw it I'm getting a Panasonic.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

iTV isn't the coolest name. For once I'd like something a bit more memorable than "iPlaceSomethingSimpleHere"

You know what? Screw it I'm getting a Panasonic.

yeah. hopefully they think of something good.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    iDiotBox?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applego View Post

The Apple TV might not be able to be called the iTV because of a broadcasting company in the UK that has the same name.

Video explaining it: youtube.com/watch?v=93y4rYOvB5M

Thanks!

I think that technically it is Channel 3 but no one ever calls it that, not even the company

Given that it has been the second most popular channel in the UK since the 50's it did strike me as odd that no one at Apple had considered the ramifications of using the name iTV.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hungover View Post

Given that it has been the second most popular channel in the UK since the 50's it did strike me as odd that no one at Apple had considered the ramifications of using the name iTV.

Same with the iPad apparently:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_14594133.htm

Only 45 iPads removed though (possibly to save the law enforcement buying them).

I think TV is a better brand than iTV anyway.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hungover View Post

I think that technically it is Channel 3 but no one ever calls it that, not even the company

yeah ikr