Mitt Romney for President

1111214161735

Comments

  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,319member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post


    And there we have it folks...the first ever political candidate, let alone presidential candidate to be heckled.



    Film at 11.







    Good ol' MSNBC.
  • marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    1. Define "plastic."



    2. Demonstrate he is only for the rich. He talks constantly of the middle class. In fact, he opposes a zero capital gains rate, which Gingrich supports. The fact is that you base your comment on nothing other than the fact he has money.



    He never did anything really good when he was governor of Mass.people were unemployed than and perhaps he did one thing right just thought about it he advocated a good health reform program which now he says he never really wanted. Bet ten thousand dollars to Perry about the immigration issue. Who the hell bets this when people perhaps make that in one year working.He cares less when he says I fire the ones who would not work out for me. What kind of soul does this man have? Plastic no emotion or feelings.A rigid or slightly elastic form which he is.
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,319member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post


    He never did anything really good when he was governor of Mass.



    False. He governed conservatively. He didn't raise taxes. He raised the number of insured people. He balanced the budget. He vetoed many bills from democratic legislature. He created a "rainy day fund" for the state.



    Quote:



    people were unemployed than



    You mean "then." People are always unemployed. Was unemployment worse under Romney?



    Quote:

    and perhaps he did one thing right just thought about it he advocated a good health reform program which now he says he never really wanted.



    Liar, liar, pants on fire. He has never rejected his healthcare plan. He has said that he opposes a federal plan like Obamacare. He has also outlined the difference in his plan and Obamacare.



    Quote:

    Bet ten thousand dollars to Perry about the immigration issue. [Who the hell bets this when people perhaps make that in one year working.



    It was a joke. It didn't play well, but it doesn't mean he's "out of touch."



    Quote:





    He cares less when he says I fire the ones who would not work out for me.



    He was talking about the ability people have to fire their insurance companies. Jesus, at least TRY to understand context.



    Quote:



    What kind of soul does this man have?



    I don't know. Do you?



    Quote:

    Plastic no emotion or feelings.



    Right, so you dodged the question. What does "plastic" mean? And since he's a human being, I highly doubt he has "no emotion or feelings."



    Quote:



    A rigid or slightly elastic form which he is.



    That's it...that's your criticism? He's a little stiff? Well, that certainly disqualifies him to be President, especially considering our current arrogant, aloof, angry President who is waging war on our own nation.
  • brbr Posts: 8,312member
    If you can't run against the real Obama, construct a fake one and try to run against that!
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,319member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    If you can't run against the real Obama, construct a fake one and try to run against that!



    Explain.
  • brbr Posts: 8,312member
    "Obamacare will lead to the guillotine."



    President Obama wouldn't have gotten bin Laden if Obama had his way.



    "The president [is] waging war on [his] own nation.



    He is not a socialist. He is not a Muslim. He is not looking to Europe for all the answers (remember, they all took austerity measures and who is clamoring for them here at home? Those European Republicans!). He's not waging a war against religion.



    Absurd. All of it.
  • jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    I didn't claim they were the same. I used them as an example of appeasement. Now, tell me why that analogy is invalid.







    Of course.







    We did beat them. Unquestionably.







    Not really. They collapsed because their economy could not support their arms race with us, one that Reagan knew was necessary to convince them they could never outspend us. In addition, their people began to rise up against their totalitarian system and demanded change. To say that we control other nations the way the Soviets did (by invasion and intimidation) is frankly idiotic, not to mention anti-American.



    Quote:

    We did beat them. Unquestionably.







    Not really. They collapsed because their economy could not support their arms race with us, one that Reagan knew was necessary to convince them they could never outspend us. In addition, their people began to rise up against their totalitarian system and demanded change. To say that we control other nations the way the Soviets did (by invasion and intimidation) is frankly idiotic, not to mention anti-American.



    [/QUOTE]



    Only in your mind SDW.



    And you didn't even comment on my link to the Remastered TNG. It's my way of respecting you as a fellow ST fan even though you do have an outragous take on things.
  • jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    1. Define "plastic."



    2. Demonstrate he is only for the rich. He talks constantly of the middle class. In fact, he opposes a zero capital gains rate, which Gingrich supports. The fact is that you base your comment on nothing other than the fact he has money.





    Quote:

    1. Define "plastic."



    http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/searc...on&FORM=DTPDIA





    Quote:

    2. artificial: seeming artificial and unnatural

    "a plastic smile"







    Quote:

    2. Demonstrate he is only for the rich. He talks constantly of the middle class. In fact, he opposes a zero capital gains rate, which Gingrich supports. The fact is that you base your comment on nothing other than the fact he has money.



    [/QUOTE]





    Quote:

    Mitt Romney: 'I’m not concerned about the very poor'



    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1mJoPRAxz




    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72297.html

  • frank777frank777 Posts: 5,712member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post




    He is not a socialist. He is not a Muslim. He is not looking to Europe for all the answers (remember, they all took austerity measures and who is clamoring for them here at home? Those European Republicans!). He's not waging a war against religion.



    Absurd. All of it.



    1. He is promoting policies that have socialist agendas, and many of his mentors and associates have embraced the tenets of socialism.



    2. He's not a Muslim, but neither is he a Christian. He's a secular humanist who is afraid to admit it because of the political ramifications. And it's extremely cowardly.



    3. Even you can't possibly believe that budgets which ADD to the current deficit and national debt are appropriate.



    4. If a President is advocating policies that force religious people to violate their consciences (by elevating the distribution of birth control pills to status of a human right, of all things), he can credibly be accused of waging war against the religious in his country.
  • sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,319member
    [QUOTE=BR;2044927]"Obamacare will lead to the guillotine."



    Santorum is an dolt.





    Oh my God! Sean Hannity said something inflammatory!





    Pretty much, yes.



    Quote:



    He is not a socialist.



    That's debatable.



    Quote:

    He is not a Muslim.



    Not currently, but I'm pretty sure he used to be. Not that I care.



    Quote:

    He is not looking to Europe for all the answers (remember, they all took austerity measures and who is clamoring for them here at home? Those European Republicans!).



    He's expanding social spending and going towards nationalization. He's adopted many of Europe's failed policies.



    Quote:

    He's not waging a war against religion.



    Yup...he is, especially with the latest contraception mandate. The government is literally forcing churches and other religious organizations to pay for birth control, which may be against their beliefs. It's war.



    Quote:



    Absurd. All of it.



    Yeah, he's a just a pragmatist.
  • brbr Posts: 8,312member
  • mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member
    Or...how about...



    "You have confused mandating provision of birth control as anything resembling a reasonable interpretation of a responsibility of the federal government and the President of the united States."



  • frank777frank777 Posts: 5,712member
    Ah yes, Jon Stewart, patron saint of the loony left.



    Forcing people to violate their consciences is tyranny, period.

    You would think an atheist continually fighting against state-funded religion would at least understand that point.
  • mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member
    One can't but wonder whether Obama is trying to lose the election. This latest bullshit surely lost him some of the Catholic vote...and he probably needs everything he can get.



    Of course...Team Obama is probably counting on this arithmetic:



    - Poke the Catholics (among other religious conservatives) in the eye to pander to his base, then during the campaign...



    - Use dog whistles to scare the shit out of Catholics (and other religious conservatives) about Romney's Mormonism.



    It would be a classic strategy.
  • brbr Posts: 8,312member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post


    Ah yes, Jon Stewart, patron saint of the loony left.



    Forcing people to violate their consciences is tyranny, period.

    You would think an atheist continually fighting against state-funded religion would at least understand that point.



    It violates my conscience to be forced to use money that has the phrase "In God We Trust" on it. Your move.
  • brbr Posts: 8,312member
    It further violates my conscience to give any special privileges to idiots who worship iron-age deities, as it legitimizes non-evidence-based thinking, dooming the United States to fall far behind the rest of the industrialized world in cutting edge fields of science and technology.



    Oh wait...was it just your conscience the one that matters?



    Can we also even say that those making such a huge stink should first grow a conscience in the first place before bitching about having to violate one? Legitimizing the type of bullying that has led to an epidemic of teen suicide does not represent the acts of those with consciences.
  • mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    Can we also even say that those making such a huge stink should first grow a conscience in the first place before bitching about having to violate one? Legitimizing the type of bullying that has led to an epidemic of teen suicide does not represent the acts of those with consciences.



    Oh good...we get to see, first hand, the kind of leftist "moral superiority complex" as is being discussed in the other thread.



    The anti-bullying thing has been explained to you, though you refused to recognize that the opponents saw through the government's attempt to co-opt their schools and curriculums.



    The contraception mandate is yet another example.
  • frank777frank777 Posts: 5,712member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    It violates my conscience to be forced to use money that has the phrase "In God We Trust" on it. Your move.



    So you do understand the issue.

    Of course, you pretend that having an objectionable motto on a dollar bill is somehow equivalent to forcing Christians to participate in what they believe is murder.



    But at least it's a start.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    It further violates my conscience to give any special privileges to idiots who worship iron-age deities, as it legitimizes non-evidence-based thinking, dooming the United States to fall far behind the rest of the industrialized world in cutting edge fields of science and technology.



    And I would never support a law that forced you to contribute to religious causes that you find so objectionable. Tax-deductible donations allow for religious people to support their causes and non-religious people to support their own. But forcing someone to financially support an organization or practice they detest is wrong. Agreed?





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    Can we also even say that those making such a huge stink should first grow a conscience in the first place before bitching about having to violate one? Legitimizing the type of bullying that has led to an epidemic of teen suicide does not represent the acts of those with consciences.



    The legislation you cited was amended to support free speech, and would be struck down in the courts without that provision. You felt free enough to call religious people 'idiots' in your reply above. Mocking and bullying are more tools in your arsenal than anyone else on the board.



    Does free speech only work for people who happen to agree with you?
  • brbr Posts: 8,312member
    By giving religion a special place in society, I am de facto forced to contribute to religious causes. Think of all of the property taxes that homeowners have to make up for because church land is tax free.
  • mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BR View Post


    By giving religion a special place in society, I am de facto forced to contribute to religious causes. Think of all of the property taxes that homeowners have to make up for because church land is tax free.



    I agree. No more special cases. Let's eliminate property taxes for everyone.
Sign In or Register to comment.