Goodbye from Nvidia2008, Hello From... Me

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hi all,

I know my behaviour has been somewhat erratic in the past few months. I'd like to address some of this because I feel I have not respected the forum enough.

I'm saying this not because I think I'm fantastic or have special privileges as a longer-term user on these forums, or better than anyone. But because this forum has seen me through some really tough times and also kept me informed in a very sharp way on Apple & Tech. As I mentioned nowadays I don't like wasting time on every single new tech and gadget. As much as I love 600W-burning triple-GPU configurations, day to day I wouldn't have much use for it, besides mayble Folding@Home, even then it's too buggy and power consuming to justify its use.

Also, I appreciate this forum and the moderators for allowing me to have an online space to express myself over the past several years, through ups and downs, in an interactive way that still beats Twitter or the challenge that is Facebook.

That said, I think I have misinterpreted the Forum Guidelines. By assuming non-personal attacks are OK, I have gone over the top in attacking companies and vocalising my pet peeves.

There are many things in this century that will be disturbing, and since I am only 33 I have a good chunk of this century left to witness a lot of it, barring any unforseen circumstances.

As such PoliticalOutsider is a better space for that kind of stuff including my personal toils and triumphs.

I'm going to try to set up an account in my own name and correct location so that I can keep a steady head.

Goodbye from Nvidia2008, Hello From Me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I've always enjoyed, and continue to enjoy, reading your posts.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,153member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

As such PoliticalOutsider is a better space for that kind of stuff including my personal toils and triumphs.

I'm going to try to set up an account in my own name and correct location so that I can keep a steady head.

Goodbye from Nvidia2008, Hello From Me.

And I see you've already been active there under your new account.

FWIW I think it was the proper choice, You obviously have strong opinions about some of the political issues, and good and valid reasons for having them. Those really are better stated in the Political Outsider section IMHO. I've dropped a couple of comments in there myself on occasion.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dlcmh View Post

I've always enjoyed, and continue to enjoy, reading your posts.

Thank you. I tend to be a polarising figure. But certainly in the past few weeks I was incorrectly responding on here.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

And I see you've already been active there under your new account.

Cheers ... Somehow I had trouble with that account, so what the heck, I'll go back to my pre-nvidia2008 account. By now there's tons of "Sunil Raman" on the web so I can recede a little into the background. 8 years ago, not that many Sunils, let alone those with my full name. But India... changes everything.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

FWIW I think it was the proper choice, You obviously have strong opinions about some of the political issues, and good and valid reasons for having them. Those really are better stated in the Political Outsider section IMHO. I've dropped a couple of comments in there myself on occasion.

Yeah, that's a better place. I was thrown for a month just soaking in the beauty and functioning of Australia compared to the dysfunction of Asia, that probably fueled my misdirected rage.

It's kinda hilarious watching developed country TV again, I can't help but be reminded of that "First World Problems" meme. Like... your absolute worst problem in a day is trying to find the right spray to reduce your time scrubbing the shower from 5 minutes to 1 minute? Wow, cry me a river.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    OK, shifting all my personal China/ Asia comments to Political Outsider: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=143990

Have at it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Okay, I have to ask, what does "legacy code" mean?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diplication View Post

Okay, I have to ask, what does "legacy code" mean?

When I shifted to nvidia2008 I wanted to resign my sunilraman user name, since it was used from around ~2004.

Hence sunilraman was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_code

Now I'm using it again, but not sure what to change the tagline to.