Can't open/view photos on iPad2

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My cousin in Italy has an iPad2. She is unable to view and/or open any photos we e-mail her. She just gets text. I never had to do anything with my MacBook or MacBook Pro or iPad to view/open photos. Any idea as to what might be causing the problem and what can be done to correct it? Thanks, Maria

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Please don't make duplicate threads about a single topic.

You're certain you're properly attaching these images? You're certain they're in a format that the iPad can read?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Please don't make duplicate threads about a single topic.

You're certain you're properly attaching these images? You're certain they're in a format that the iPad can read?

Sorry. I was not aware I could not have duplicate threads. The images are coming from MacBooks, MacBook Pros and other iPads. So I assume that they are going out in a formate that the iPad can read.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maria255 View Post

Sorry. I was not aware I could not have duplicate threads. The images are coming from MacBooks, MacBook Pros and other iPads. So I assume that they are going out in a formate that the iPad can read.

Any one???
  • Reply 4 of 7
    So what does she see in the e-mail? The 'broken image' placeholder image? Just white? Something that looks like an attachment but when opened has the iPad pop up with a window that says something about it being the wrong format or a corrupted file?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maria255 View Post

My cousin in Italy has an iPad2. She is unable to view and/or open any photos we e-mail her. She just gets text. I never had to do anything with my MacBook or MacBook Pro or iPad to view/open photos. Any idea as to what might be causing the problem and what can be done to correct it? Thanks, Maria

Do the image files that you send her have extensions, like "imagename.jpg"? If so, what extensions do they have?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Showtime View Post

Do the image files that you send her have extensions, like "imagename.jpg"? If so, what extensions do they have?

I don't know for sure .... I will check with her and get back to you. Thank you so much for your response. It is greatly appreciated!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So what does she see in the e-mail? The 'broken image' placeholder image? Just white? Something that looks like an attachment but when opened has the iPad pop up with a window that says something about it being the wrong format or a corrupted file?

I don't know for sure .... I will check with her and get back to you. Thank you so much for your response. It is greatly appreciated!