ABC's 'Nightline' to air inside look at Apple production lines on Feb. 21

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

You've convinced me, and I'm appalled at the conditions in which iPhones are made, and am looking for my next phone to be android based because of this, which is obviously made in better conditions. What would you recommend?

I'm so appalled by their working conditions that I will continue to buy more Apple devices so the efforts by these Foxconn workers does not go in vain.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm so appalled by their working conditions that I will continue to buy more Apple devices so the efforts by these Foxconn workers does not go in vain.

I know I know. This has been reported a gazillion times. Wonder if the New York Times uses Google lol.

That article was a hit piece. Apple has always favored WSJ. Duh.

Id be shitshocked if ABC fires a hit at Apple esp. since Disneys Iger just got elected to the Apple board AND the stockholder meeting is two days after. A major uprising would happen there. Think about it.

Foxconn customers

Acer Inc. (Taiwan)[32]

Amazon.com (United States)[33]

Apple Inc. (United States)[34]

Cisco (United States)[35]

Dell (United States)[36]

Gateway (United States)[37]

Hewlett-Packard (United States)[38]

Intel (United States)[39]

Microsoft (United States)[40]

Motorola Mobility (United States)[36]

Nintendo (Japan)[41]

Nokia (Finland)[34]

Samsung (South Korea)[42]

Sony (Japan)[43]

Toshiba (Japan) [44]

Vizio (United States)[45]
  • Reply 63 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gijoeinla View Post

Id be shitshocked if ABC fires a hit at Apple esp. since Disneys Iger just got elected to the Apple board AND the stockholder meeting is two days after. A major uprising would happen there. Think about it.]

That makes two of use who see the connection...I'd like to say "great minds think alike" but unfortunately stupid it's the common mind that is more likely to think alike. Hmm.. great minds think in pairs; and there's plenty of evidence to support that phenomenon.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    Hey, ABC!

While you're over there, why not do an exposé on the working conditions at the clothing sweatshops.

You know, the ones that are 10 times worse than these tech factories?

Oh wait, that would mean exposing your biggest advertisers.

Wouldn't want that.
  • Reply 65 of 65
    [QUOTE=timothyjay2004;2049654]You know, I'm getting tired of hearing about Foxconn/Apple facility problems - Apple is ONE of Foxconn's customers .. why is it only Apple being thrown into the spotlight? I'm in no way saying that things can't improve at Foxconn ... what I am saying is, why only Apple?[/QOUTE]

That's what I thought when Apple sued Samsung: Samsung is ONE of Google's customers, why is it only Samsung being thrown into the spotlight?

just suck it up.