'A5X' CPU featured on purported Apple 'iPad 3' logic board

Comments

• Reply 21 of 146
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,616member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

Oh yes it does! All the time!

Not in my experience and I run LOADS (40+ apps). Including logmein, goto manage. Not to mention pages, numbers plus gta 3 and infinity blade 2 along with syncing 3 exchange accounts and an iCloud account.

I think that you would be hard pressed to run more demanding apps, unless of course you jailbreak and any sluggish behaviour you encounter then is of your own making tbh.
  • Reply 22 of 146
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Not in my experience and I run LOADS (40+ apps). Including logmein, goto manage. Not to mention pages, numbers plus gta 3 and infinity blade 2 along with syncing 3 exchange accounts and an iCloud account.

I think that you would be hard pressed to run more demanding apps, unless of course you jailbreak and any sluggish behaviour you encounter then is of your own making tbh.

No, just Safari with multiple tabs.
  • Reply 23 of 146
    pokepoke Posts: 506member
    Usually when something like this comes along, we all think of ways it might not be real (prototype, it's for the cheap iPad 2S model, etc), and then it turns out to be real. So I'm guessing the iPad 3 has a modified A5 in it.

As a rule: When Apple rumours promise more, they're wrong. When Apple rumours say we're getting less, they're right.

In that spirit:

There's 1 model (i.e., no smaller display version, no cheap version, just the usual models), it looks the same as the iPad 2, it almost definitely has a retina display, it has a speed bumped A5 (or maybe just an A5 with better graphics) and it doesn't have 4G.

That's what I'm expecting.
  • Reply 24 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

No, just Safari with multiple tabs.

What has that got to do with the device? Nothing

A) you have only recently got into computers, maybe starting with an iPad

B) you have only recently got into trolling

If you can tell me which then I might bother to explain your "dilemma"
  • Reply 25 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by poke View Post

Usually when something like this comes along, we all think of ways it might not be real (prototype, it's for the cheap iPad 2S model, etc), and then it turns out to be real. So I'm guessing the iPad 3 has a modified A5 in it.

As a rule: When Apple rumours promise more, they're wrong. When Apple rumours say we're getting less, they're right.

In that spirit:

There's 1 model (i.e., no smaller display version, no cheap version, just the usual models), it looks the same as the iPad 2, it almost definitely has a retina display, it has a speed bumped A5 (or maybe just an A5 with better graphics) and it doesn't have 4G.

Think you are probably right. Drop the price of the iPad 2, introduce the iPad 3 (maybe 2S?) with 'retina' display, more horsepower and graphics to power it, better camera and a better Mic system to allow Siri to operate well. Al based around the A5 chip but on a smaller die with increased clock speed etc.
  • Reply 26 of 146
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Maybe the X mens it will OS X Lion so it'll finally be a real computer instead of a toy! *gasp*

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cy_starkman View Post

What has that got to do with the device? Nothing

A) you have only recently got into computers, maybe starting with an iPad

B) you have only recently got into trolling

If you can tell me which then I might bother to explain your "dilemma"

His point is relevant. His initial response was hoping for 1GB RAM which will help with the Safari app in general, especially with multiple pages rendered.
  • Reply 27 of 146
    OMG! You mean it won't go to 11? What will I do? I know. I'll threaten to buy some other tablet. Or will I hold my breath until Apple realizes that I live and die on specs?
  • Reply 28 of 146
    Quote:

You're not running all those apps at once. In simplified terms, they are in a suspended state. Obviously the exchange accounts work a tad differently since they are able to retrieve data without being opened by the user.

Apps such as GarageBand with many tracks; safari with tons of tabs; and new 3rd party apps like avid would be better candidates for using/desiring more ram.
  • Reply 29 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigdaddyguido View Post

You're not running all those apps at once. In simplified terms, they are in a suspended state. Obviously the exchange accounts work a tad differently since they are able to retrieve data without being opened by the user.

Apps such as GarageBand with many tracks; safari with tons of tabs; and new 3rd party apps like avid would be better candidates for using/desiring more ram.

They would certainly benefit/make use of more resources but they are coded based on the current configuration and as such run smoothly.

However, I believe that going to 1GB of RAM would have to be an absolute necessity for Apple before they would do it. Having more RAM = less battery life and we know how Apple feel about battery life. This is also going to be why the new iPad will not support LTE.
  • Reply 30 of 146
    older version of adobe reader adobe reader 9 offline installer http://uasaeat.hostingsociety.com/acrobat-reader.html acrobat reader
  • Reply 31 of 146
    Quote:

iPad 2S.

No Retina Display.

No multi-core.

No LTE.

No 8MP camera.

No 1Meg RAM.

No NFC.

No Siri.

Faster, but otherwise pretty much the same.

Everybody will be disappointed. Everybody will buy one.
  • Reply 32 of 146
    Quote:

In that spirit:

Didn't the Wall Street Journal already report that the new iPad would be sporting 4G LTE capability when it's released? Generally, the WSJ doesn't post rumors.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj
  • Reply 33 of 146
    Quote:

Doubt that it will. More likely to retain the 512mb ram and add some VRAM. It's not like the iPad 2 ever gets sluggish, regardless of the number of apps you have running.

Way off. It's easy to overtax the ipad2. Try adding a few thousand map overlays.
  • Reply 34 of 146
    As far as the Specs go, as always we will have to wait and see.

The main thing is thinking about the market strategy of the iPad. Right now it controls the greater share of the "Tablet" market. If Apple want to keep running up their share in the market they now are going to have to appeal to those people who care about the specs of a device, even if they will never really need it or use it.

Apple more often then not will not worry about that portion of the market that only buys a device based on its specs, ex. the iPhone and its camera. Instead as always they will increase the iPads " functionality" and some of its bells and whistles. I think this update of the iPad is going to focus more on the graphics and the display, then we will get more out of the Processor, RAM ect. the next go around.

Also with the announcement in March I wouldn't be surprised if they used a new Apple TV to show off the expanding airplay features of their devices.
  • Reply 35 of 146
    ash471ash471 Posts: 705member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

OMG! You mean it won't go to 11? What will I do? I know. I'll threaten to buy some other tablet. Or will I hold my breath until Apple realizes that I live and die on specs?

LOL regarding the "won't go to 11". What was the name that show? I need to watch it again.
  • Reply 36 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

His point is relevant. His initial response was hoping for 1GB RAM which will help with the Safari app in general, especially with multiple pages rendered.

Really? I must be special then cause I can have many tabs open all with complex pages and it all goes nicely. Unless... the Internet is made up of varying connection speeds, with varying connection speeds to the websites I am on and a varying number of people accessing those websites.

In which case, as with every device I have the performance can suffer.

The worst thing is the order of downloading and rendering elements on a page which can cause delays, stalls and jumpy pages. This isn't ram related either

But sure, knock yourself out, surf the web on 32gig of memory if you think it solves the underlying issues.
  • Reply 37 of 146
    ash471ash471 Posts: 705member
    Apple doesn't build hardware that goes to waste. The next iPad will have as much speed and as much ram as possible while maximizing battery life and minimizing cost. The calculation is complicated, but Apple is very good at it.

It is utter nonsense for ya'll to look at one factor (the number of cores) in isolation. This thread is futile.
  • Reply 38 of 146
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ash471 View Post

LOL regarding the "won't go to 11". What was the name that show? I need to watch it again.

This Is Spinal Tap.
  • Reply 39 of 146

iPad³

• Reply 40 of 146
    Imagine that. A bullshit rumor.