Any Web developers want to help finish mobile AppleInsider optimized for iPhone?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    Nice work guys!! Nice, simple and fast website for iPhone!!!

• Reply 42 of 56
    The weird part about AI mobile version is - if I saved as for home screen. It acts like full screen Safari (no URL address bar, no back/next button, etc). I wondered if this is some kind of special AI mobile version or not? Lemme know
  • Reply 43 of 56
    Hi there

any reasons why it doesn't work any more? Everytime for the past 2 weeks I've checked AI website (everyday), safari opens the normal website, but not the iPhone one.... Any reasons?

Cheers
  • Reply 44 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericvet8b View Post

Hi there

any reasons why it doesn't work any more? Everytime for the past 2 weeks I've checked AI website (everyday), safari opens the normal website, but not the iPhone one.... Any reasons?

Cheers

Yes I noticed that too. I had to add 'iphone.appleinsider.com' manually and then save as on homescreen AI need to fix this issue. I honestly don't like fade in/out menu especially on the top. It's kinda annoying.

AI need to update the comment system for the iPhone as well. It loads the regular AI site for all comments which sucks \
  • Reply 45 of 56
    *PLEASE* don't design a slow, sloppy web-app.

Write a TRUE AppleInsider app.

Duh.
  • Reply 46 of 56
    I'll Help!
  • Reply 47 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Why not a developers forum here? I've suggested it before and I still think its a good idea.

Well listen, ideas r good netime newhere first off. Secondly. How come my iPhone will not play on my Bose sounddock nemore when it used to. Didn't sync ne new updates and now it says I cnt use it. Ne ideas? Send one.
  • Reply 48 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by supremedesigner View Post

Yes I noticed that too. I had to add 'iphone.appleinsider.com' manually and then save as on homescreen AI need to fix this issue. I honestly don't like fade in/out menu especially on the top. It's kinda annoying.

AI need to update the comment system for the iPhone as well. It loads the regular AI site for all comments which sucks \

What is the app I need to search? Sounds convieniant.
  • Reply 49 of 56
    sailorpaulsailorpaul Posts: 322member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by supremedesigner View Post

What Kasper means is like m.digg.com and m.cnn.com as well as iphone.foxnews.com and so on :P

Great example for all iPhone websites: http://www.cssiphone.com/

I think m.appleinsider.com is better than mobile.macrumors.com b/c it's too long! :P Macrumors should've went m.macrumors.com instead!

Actually....

These guys at the erotic story website got it right just for the iPhone. Maybe they'd be willing to do it for Apple Insider too.

http://www.i.literotica.com/index.html

LOL
  • Reply 50 of 56
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SailorPaul View Post

Actually....

These guys at the erotic story website got it right just for the iPhone. Maybe they'd be willing to do it for Apple Insider too.

http://www.i.literotica.com/index.html

LOL

I'm surprised at how well done that site is. A very nice and clean interface. Plus it is snappy even on my 3G running iOS 4!

The problem with Appleinsider is that I've yet to see a compelling reason to even have an iPhone specific site. Certainly everything up tillnow has been underwhelming. I'd much prefer that the main sight would be the default site for iPhone. With a little attention to detail the main sight would be fine on iPhone.

Notably these details would be positive improvements for all users. Im talking about care with respect to font sizes, properly sizing controls and refactoring the menu system. Little things add up quickly.

It has been around two years since this thread was started and I have to ask has anything worthwhile come because of it? I'd say no. Infact it looks like the main sight is being neglected. I just don't see any advantage to the currently offered up iPhone specific attempts. That isn't an attempt to be mean but rather reflects how things are at the moment.

Dave
  • Reply 51 of 56
    Kudos to the new revamped once again AI mobile site. It's much improved and good job Kasper! Now, I was wondering when you're going to revamp the forum into mobile layout? I noticed you got a new header on the orignal AI website and was wondering what about the res of the layout? Keep up the good work!
  • Reply 52 of 56
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    "Any Web developers want to help finish mobile AppleInsider optimized for iPhone?"

Unless you know – as opposed to assume, a.k.a. wishful thinking – that the majority of smartphone users among AI members are actually iPhone users I'd start with an Android version... There are almost 3 times more Android phones than iPhones on the market. I.o.w. a 3 times bigger market.
  • Reply 53 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Nothing at that domain.

Please tell me you are joking lol? He was explaining that it is gunna be a webapp most likely using the domain m.appleinsider.com
  • Reply 55 of 56
    Hi !

I like iphone mobile very much. I like its features very much. I want to buy this sets so I want to know its description about this.

rafting in rishikesh
  • Reply 56 of 56
    I am also looking for any good web developer who can assist me regarding this. Has anyone give me some good information about this.

shimla tour packages