OK for iTunes Match

Posted:
in iCloud edited January 2014
Looks like Match works ok - I ripped some tracks from a CD of mine (Roxy Musics's Avalon) into iTunes and BINGO! They showed up immeadiately on my i4S.

I have CD's more recent than that so I'm optimistic Match should work pretty good. I guess I'll have a better idea after a year as to whether its worth to $25/yr subscription, but right now it looks good.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mfterka View Post

Looks like Match works ok - I ripped some tracks from a CD of mine (Roxy Musics's Avalon) into iTunes and BINGO! They showed up immeadiately on my i4S.

I have CD's more recent than that so I'm optimistic Match should work pretty good. I guess I'll have a better idea after a year as to whether its worth to $25/yr subscription, but right now it looks good.

Actually, was able to rip into iTunes on my laptop the tracks - they showed up on iTunes in my 4S - but then when I got home and fired up iTunes on my desktop, they weren't there.

I thought under iMatch they showed up across all computers/iOS devices tied together?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    derooderoo Posts: 5member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mfterka View Post

Actually, was able to rip into iTunes on my laptop the tracks - they showed up on iTunes in my 4S - but then when I got home and fired up iTunes on my desktop, they weren't there.

I thought under iMatch they showed up across all computers/iOS devices tied together?

They should be on the desktop to be streamed only. So long as you've signed in and authorised the desktop then run iTunes Match on it. I haven't tried it on a desktop, but on my work laptop I can stream anything in my library whereas on my home laptop all my music is physically the. My iPad and iPhone are both setup for Match and can stream anything. If I buy an album from iTunes from I either iPhone or iPad the music auto downloads on either. Oh... my Apple TV also streams music perfectly and I often take it with me to have music wherever