Google reportedly prepping heads-up display Android eyeglasses for 2012 launch

Comments

• Reply 21 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Snow Crash inches towards reality...

Snow Crash has been real since 2003. It's called Second Life.
  • Reply 22 of 97
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

I love how the article is mostly about google glasses, and then there's like 20 pictures of nano clock faces...

It's like they're some little envy-riddled little brat sobbing and whining, 'but...but... I have a wearable device too'
  • Reply 23 of 97
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Given that 'Google' does not even manufacture a tablet device... No!

... at you, not with you.

Thank God for small fucking favors, eh?

I'm sorry, but anybody who is unable to correctly format even their own signature is in no position to laugh at others.

[/CENTER] Apple the once great 'innovators', now more like the ruthless 'litigators'.[/CENTER]

Is it true that they'll be changing their name to 'Oogle' when these glasses are released?
  • Reply 24 of 97
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    Quote:

Given that 'Google' does not even manufacture a tablet device...

With the acquisition of MMI, Google will effectively be producing a variety of Android devices. It may require "piercing the corporate veil" to get at Google, but for Apple's lawyers, that will be just a minor speed bump.
  • Reply 25 of 97
    Quote:

Thank God for small fucking favors, eh?

I'm sorry, but anybody who is unable to correctly format even their own signature is in no position to laugh at others.

[/CENTER] Apple the once great 'innovators', now more like the ruthless 'litigators'.[/CENTER]

So... Where does that leave you given that your effort didn't work either?
  • Reply 26 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Classic!

This is the perfect illustration of where Google is today and why they are failing so badly.

That they could sink all that money into such a moronic project that no one but an engineer or a hard core geek would even be interested in just boggles the mind.

I never thought I'd never say this but this idea as its presented is actually worse than than companies that push out CGI concept videos of products that will never work as presented.
  • Reply 27 of 97
    Quote:

So... Where does that leave you given that your effort didn't work either?

[/QUOTE]It was done ON PURPOSE to illustrate the problem[/QUOTE].

Signatures: They are DaHardest things to get right.

What brand are these glasses being released under?

Goocci?
  • Reply 28 of 97
    Quote:

It was done ON PURPOSE to illustrate the problem

No. It. Wasn't... and it looks like honesty and truth are even harder for you.

Regardless... Looking forward to seeing where Google goes with this rather innovative idea.
  • Reply 29 of 97
    Quote:

No. It. Wasn't... and it looks like honesty and truth are even harder for you.

Regardless... Looking forward to seeing where Google goes with this rather innovative idea.

Don't worry!

You can go and change it later when nobody's looking.
  • Reply 30 of 97
    Quote:

Signatures: They are DaHardest things to get right.

I have no idea why he's putting a forward slash at the front of his markup or why he's still including that markup at all but that used to be his gimmick to get attention when he first started posting here. Everything he wrote was centered just to annoy everyone.

They finally removed the option from vBulletin which spoiled it for the rest of us who were using it appropriately.

When he got called out on it he said he needed it for reading despite the fact that he was reading everyone else's posts just fine and he's still milling about derailing the conversation.
  • Reply 31 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I have no idea why he's putting a forward slash at the front of his markup or why he's still including that markup at all but that used to be his gimmick to get attention when he first started posting here. Everything he wrote was centered just to annoy everyone.

They finally removed the option from vBulletin which spoiled it for the rest of us who were using it appropriately.

When he got called out on it he said he needed it for reading despite the fact that he was reading everyone else's posts just fine and he's still milling about derailing the conversation.

Ah!

Very interesting!

By the way, love your signature.

I saw him get mistaken just the other day, poor bugger!

Spread the word.
  • Reply 32 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

he's still milling about derailing the conversation.

Nowhere near to the level of your needless harassment and senseless arguing with others over things completely unrelated to the topic.

Like this little 'derailment' wherein you were made to look the fool several times earlier today: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...hreadid=144187

So... Any useful thoughts on Google's prepping of Android-powered heads-up glasses or are you just doing your usual troll-by posting?
  • Reply 33 of 97
    Quote:

Nowhere near to the level of your needless harassment and senseless arguing with others over things completely unrelated to the topic.

Like this little 'derailment' wherein you were made to look the fool several times earlier today: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...hreadid=144187

So... Any useful thoughts on Google's prepping of Android-powered heads-up glasses or are you just doing your usual troll-by posting?

I never posted in that thread.
  • Reply 34 of 97
    I could see the arguments between DaHarder and Solipsism getting ugly quickly. Though I apologize for getting off topic. Though I'm not the only one.
  • Reply 35 of 97
    Quote:

I never posted in that thread.

Really.. Maybe it's because your screen name is NOT SolipsismX ?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daramouthe View Post

I could see the arguments between DaHarder and Solipsism getting ugly quickly. Though I apologize for getting off topic. Though I'm not the only one.

No Worries... He's not even worth the effort, and I never allow things to get too out-of-hand, especially as I don't use profanity nor do I resort to personal insults, both of which are staples of his posts.
  • Reply 36 of 97
    Quote:

Really.. Maybe it's because your screen name is NOT SolipsismX ?

Or AM I?
  • Reply 37 of 97
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    Please put DaHarder on your ignore list rather than respond.
  • Reply 38 of 97
    Quote:

...as I don't use profanity nor do I resort to personal insults...

Bullshit!

Oh yeah, have to mention something about Google Glasses even though I am not really making an effort because in my mind it makes me think I'm participating in the original topic¡
  • Reply 39 of 97
    No Worries... He's not even worth the effort, and I never allow things to get too out-of-hand, especially as I don't use profanity nor do I resort to personal insults, both of which are staples of his posts.[/QUOTE]

That's good, but I wonder what your true intentions are on being on a site that's Apple related when you yourself don't seem like a fan. Neither the products nor the company itself are really likeable by you. Are you here just to bring a balanced conversation or be as many would call an 'Apple hater'?

I myself like reading the posts and reading what people have to say and would probably respond in like, (though sometimes someone else may already put up what I would want to ask or say to begin with). Again apologizes for going off topic, but it is after all a logical reasonable question.
  • Reply 40 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post

Please put DaHarder on your ignore list rather than respond.

He keeps trolling and FUDding around and really makes it easy to bash his arguments so I enjoy proving him wrong at every turn. But I do see your point and I'm not helping by making him post more crap than usual so I will refrain... for the rest of the night.