Window or picture enlargement

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I learn something new about my iMac almost every day. This never came to my attention before and I have no idea how it became turned on.

When I move a window or picture or ? up to the tool bar where it is automatically stopped and keep moving the cursor up to the top of the screen, the screen darkens and re-lightens and the window opens to full size. When the window is pulled away from the toolbar, it returns to its original size.

Does anyone know how this feature is turned on and off?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I just tried this and it didn't work. I imagine you have some sort of utility installed that lets you do this, since I've NEVER heard of this happening before and it sounds exactly like a Windows 7 snapping feature.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Recently skimmed the forum! good work
  • Reply 3 of 7
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I just tried this and it didn't work. I imagine you have some sort of utility installed that lets you do this, since I've NEVER heard of this happening before and it sounds exactly like a Windows 7 snapping feature.

The only app I've added recently is BetterTouchTool, and it doesn't indicate this type of behavior. I have it set up for only window dragging and window resizing. I don't have those two items toggled on and the odd behavior still happens.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

The only app I've added recently is BetterTouchTool, and it doesn't indicate this type of behavior. I have it set up for only window dragging and window resizing. I don't have those two items toggled on and the odd behavior still happens.

BetterTouchTool is what's doing this. It has that functionality.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Thanks.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

I added BetterTouchTool to my laptop, but that feature isn't there; however, BTT has another way to enlarge the window. It has to be added to BTT Preferences and a TP gesture made.

Fuggedabowdit! I found it in BTT. It's called 'window snapping'.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Fuggedabowdit! I found it in BTT. It's called 'window snapping'.

Yeah, they slip that right in there, don't they? Never mind that it has nothing to do with the name or purpose of the application.