Killer Deals: Save up to $680 on MacBook Pros and $79 on Mac minis

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

A pair of Apple's largest authorized resellers this week are offering a handful of incentives on sales of new Macs that translate to the most aggressive instant savings on MacBook Pros and Mac minis seen so far this year and prior, including a 2.2GHz 17-inch MacBook Pro for $1815 and 2.3GHz Mac mini for $529.

MacBook Pro

In particular, MacMall has initiated steep price cuts on Apple's entire line of February 2011 MacBook Pros, which yield the lowest prices ever seen on such models when combined with the 3% instant discount coupons on all MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs available exclusively to AppleInsider readers.

At the same time, a simultaneous offer that runs through this Friday (Feb 24th) sweetens the pot by throwing in free FedEx 2-Day shipping on all Macs, meaning orders placed today for in-stock items will be in customers' hands by week's end. There are no rebates or additional requirements tied to the deals, so all savings are instantaneously reflected at checkout.

The deals include a 2.7GHz dual 13" MacBook Pro for ($339.81 savings), a 2.0GHz quad 15" MacBook Pro for ($295.51 savings), a 2.2GHz quad 15" MacBook Pro for ($553.97 savings), and a 2.2GHz quad 17" MacBook Pro for ($684.62 savings).

It's worth noting that these February 2011 MacBook Pros, while heavily discounted, offer only marginal performance tweaks compared to the refreshed MacBook Pros Apple quietly brought to market late last year, which in most cases sport only a 200MHz performance bump to their primary Intel CPU and similar enhancement in the clock speed of their discrete AMD Radeon HD 6700-series graphics processors.

The differences between the models, which are likely to be immaterial to most buyers, can seen and compared on Apple's MacBook Pro Tech Specs support pages.

Meanwhile, MacMall continues to offer AppleInsider readers the lowest prices anywhere on the current, late 2011 MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs via the same instant savings, 3% discount coupons, and complimentary 2-Day FedEx shipping arrangements. Final pricing and discounts on all such models can be seen in the price guides above, where the links to each product embed all necessary coupon codes.

Mac mini

For its part, MacConnection on Wednesday is also holding a 24-hour sale on the current 2.3GHz Core i5 Mac mini, knocking nearly $70 off the model until midnight, which is similarly the lowest price () ever seen on that particular model.

Savings on the remainder of Apple's hardware offerings are always available through AppleInsider's full-fledged price guides.

MacMall and MacConnection are both Apple Authorized Resellers and official AppleInsider sponsors, meaning a small portion of the proceeds from sales of Macs mentioned in this article may in some cases help support the publication financially.

[ View article on AppleInsider ]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A pair of Apple's largest authorized resellers this week are offering a handful of incentives on sales of new Macs that translate to the most aggressive instant savings on MacBook Pros and Mac minis seen so far this year and prior, including a 2.2GHz 17-inch MacBook Pro for $1815 and 2.3GHz Mac mini for $529....

These kind of "deal" articles are soooooo tacky.

Please be *unlike* all the other trashy sites and think about *not* running them. Thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 21
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Woohoo!!! $684 off a 17" MBP. That's almost enough savings for me to upgrade the RAM and put in a 500 GB SSD.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Woohoo!!! $684 off a 17" MBP. That's almost enough savings for me to upgrade the RAM and put in a 500 GB SSD.

Usually, with laptops,m the new stuff is a better value than the old stuff at a discount price. YMMV.
  • Reply 4 of 21
    s4mb4s4mb4 Posts: 267member
    maybe a refresh is coming soon.....
  • Reply 5 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Please be *unlike* all the other trashy sites and think about *not* running them. Thanks.

I think everyone understands that these types of "articles" are basically advertisements for the site's sponsors. I find these things no more tacky than the pledge drives on PBS.

No harm, no foul.

-kpluck
  • Reply 6 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

As I've taken AI to task on this issue repeatedly, I'm OK with these "stories" as long as they identify them as an "ADVERTISEMENT", or disclose the fact that they receive compensation for the various links in the piece.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

As I've taken AI to task on this issue repeatedly, I'm OK with these "stories" as long as they identify them as an "ADVERTISEMENT", or disclose the fact that they receive compensation for the various links in the piece.

And they do.
    Quote:

MacMall and MacConnection are both Apple Authorized Resellers and official AppleInsider sponsors, meaning a small portion of the proceeds from sales of Macs mentioned in this article may in some cases help support the publication financially.

I don't buy from these vendors but I do know people that do so I find these articles good as it's a good grouping of the best discounts without the need to scour the internet to link to a half dozen sites.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

And it is disclosed at the end of the article.

I don't see how anybody can whine about this. If somebody is not interested in it, then they simply don't have to click on the thread. Websites do cost money to run and they do have to generate income from someplace.
  • Reply 9 of 21
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Usually, with laptops,m the new stuff is a better value than the old stuff at a discount price. YMMV.

Of course - in general. But there's always a price which would make the slightly older system a better deal.

In this case, you can get a system that is only marginally slower for a big enough discount to pay for double the RAM of the newer system and an SSD, so for many people it would be a better deal.
  • Reply 10 of 21
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

I think everyone understands that these types of "articles" are basically advertisements for the site's sponsors. I find these things no more tacky than the pledge drives on PBS.

No harm, no foul.

-kpluck

My thoughts exactly...no harm no foul..AI gotta pay the bills...
  • Reply 11 of 21
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Of course - in general. But there's always a price which would make the slightly older system a better deal.

In this case, you can get a system that is only marginally slower for a big enough discount to pay for double the RAM of the newer system and an SSD, so for many people it would be a better deal.

I agree with you......and the closer we get to a hardware refresh the better the deals will get from vendors that have too much inventory.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

And it is disclosed at the end of the article.

I don't see how anybody can whine about this. If somebody is not interested in it, then they simply don't have to click on the thread. Websites do cost money to run and they do have to generate income from someplace.

Who's whining? I specifically noted:

Quote:

I'm OK with these "stories" as long as they identify them as an "ADVERTISEMENT"

I'm personally quite pleased that they've taken a more responsible disclosure on this one.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Who's whining? I specifically noted:

I didn't say that you were whining, but at least one person in the thread was.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Of course it's partly an ad, anyone who clicks on the link should realize that. It's also partly a legitimate story if the prices were just lowered. And of course they make money when you click. THere's nothing wrong with a free site making some money.

And it's a win-win situation. Use their link to buy the 17" macbook pro and it costs $1,814.38, order it without using their link and it costs $1,879.99.

We ordered one that we wouldn't have ordered without the story.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alandail View Post

Of course it's partly an ad, anyone who clicks on the link should realize that. It's also partly a legitimate story if the prices were just lowered. And of course they make money when you click. THere's nothing wrong with a free site making some money.

And it's a win-win situation. Use their link to buy the 17" macbook pro and it costs $1,814.38, order it without using their link and it costs $1,879.99.

We ordered one that we wouldn't have ordered without the story.

Listen guys,

We we receive no compensation for running these stories and I only run them when I think they deliver value to readers. There are deals every day but this week I felt their were exceptional deals so I shared them with a potentially interested public.

K
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

Listen guys,

We we receive no compensation for running these stories and I only run them when I think they deliver value to readers. There are deals every day but this week I felt their were exceptional deals so I shared them with a potentially interested public.

K

I think that's what I said - and that I appreciate your running it.
  • Reply 17 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I didn't say that you were whining, but at least one person in the thread was.

Alrighty then.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    gxcadgxcad Posts: 120member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

Listen guys,

K

Hey Kasper,

Just want to say I for one appreciate and enjoy this site. I understand once in a while you want to plug your partners that support the site while keeping it relevant. I don't see a problem with posting this story or any others you have posted on this site. The stories also do not need to be as perfect spelling or grammer IMHO (see what I did there?), although it would be nice I never complain about it - I understand it is difficult especially for a rapid news site like this one. I also do not think they need to be absolutely 100% always about Apple, I find the stories are relevant most of the time and when they are not, you can always move on - no harm done.

What I'm trying to say is don't let the complainers bother you too much. I think it is important to read and listen to your audiences feedback, but sometimes you just have to brush it off and keep doing what you need to do. All the best.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    Well, this pushed me to buy a 17" MBP. I hate spending money, but it's time for a new computer. I've been using a 2003 iBook G4 that you have to hold the power cable just right for it to keep working.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    I guess the 24hrs is up on the Mac Mini cuz it shows $568.95 same as MacMall, nothing worth noting about here.