Using Magic Trackpad for handwriting? Feasible? How?

ecsecs
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi there!

I got a Magic Trackpad for my iMac, and I really love it.

Now, a colleague has a PC tablet and he uses his tablet for handwriting using an stylus pen. It's very productive because he does it for solving math problems, and it's very efficient to do integrals and any math symbol handwritten instead than using a math equation writer, which allows professional results but takes a lot of time.

I'm wondering if I could also use the Magic Trackpad for doing the same he's doing with his PC tablet.

If affirmative, how? What software and/or pen or whatever do I need?

TIA!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecs View Post

Hi there!

I got a Magic Trackpad for my iMac, and I really love it.

Now, a colleague has a PC tablet and he uses his tablet for handwriting using an stylus pen. It's very productive because he does it for solving math problems, and it's very efficient to do integrals and any math symbol handwritten instead than using a math equation writer, which allows professional results but takes a lot of time.

I'm wondering if I could also use the Magic Trackpad for doing the same he's doing with his PC tablet.

If affirmative, how? What software and/or pen or whatever do I need?

TIA!

No way I own this also.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

This should work:

http://tenonedesign.com/inklet.php

How would this work with a stylus pen?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Yeah, handwriting is very naiceee on trackpads. Just get those styluses for iPhone/iPad, then get that Inklet software. Then, use stylus on trackpad.

Voila! No need for Wacom, etc. for casual use.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ecsecs Posts: 307member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Yeah, handwriting is very naiceee on trackpads. Just get those styluses for iPhone/iPad, then get that Inklet software. Then, use stylus on trackpad.

Voila! No need for Wacom, etc. for casual use.

Is inklet precise enough for handwriting of math formulas? Not complex formulas, simple ones, but imagine you're solving a physics problem with pen and paper. Can I do that with the magic trackpad and inklet? A colleague can do it quite comfortably with his PC tablet, so I'm wondering if the magic trackpad could do the trick as well...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecs View Post

Is inklet precise enough for handwriting of math formulas? Not complex formulas, simple ones, but imagine you're solving a physics problem with pen and paper. Can I do that with the magic trackpad and inklet? A colleague can do it quite comfortably with his PC tablet, so I'm wondering if the magic trackpad could do the trick as well...

Want don't you go to an apple store and find out first hand about this.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ecsecs Posts: 307member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Want don't you go to an apple store and find out first hand about this.

Great advice, thanks a lot!