'iPad 3' rumored to launch in Germany on March 23

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 76
    It's hilarious. The blatant troll posts get deleted while the article still remains ignored in favor of an argument over a slightly less blatant trolling post.

Not trolling, rather, just completely detached from reality.
  • Reply 62 of 76
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's hilarious. The blatant troll posts get deleted while the article still remains ignored in favor of an argument over a slightly less blatant trolling post.

Not really. Who doesn't want to be able to send SMS from their iPad?
  • Reply 63 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Not really. Who doesn't want to be able to send SMS from their iPad?

Me. SMS can't die fast enough for my taste. The less money the telecoms can extort from us, the better.
  • Reply 64 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I stated many thinks backed up by facts. You stated many opinions that refused to do a modicum of research to see that everything I stated was true. I clearly stated that Google Voice relates to SMS but to say that they entire path is SMS even when you receive it as an email is axiomatically false. There is no way that can be true from a technological point of view.

Here you go again adding another augmentative point that you no one stated but you.

"when you receive it as an email is axiomatically false" No one went there.

You only get it as an email from google voice if you have settings forwarded to your email.

You can have google voice forward that sms to a dumb phone via sms.

Dont get hung up on the last mile part of sms. There many forms of sms that require different protocols when using plmn or pstn.
  • Reply 65 of 76
    Quote:

gotta keep this story alive among the many ai has released even though we dont talk about it cause its a rumor
  • Reply 66 of 76
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

Here you go again adding another augmentative point that you no one stated but you.

"when you receive it as an email is axiomatically false" No one went there.

You only get it as an email from google voice if you have settings forwarded to your email.

You can have google voice forward that sms to a dumb phone via sms.

Dont get hung up on the last mile part of sms. There many forms of sms that require different protocols when using plmn or pstn.

gwmac clearly stated that you can send and receive SMS to and from an iPad with WiFi. No one has argued ? I've even defended ? that sending from and receiving a text message on dumb phone over the carrier ontrol channel is SMS.
  • Reply 67 of 76
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Me. SMS can't die fast enough for my taste. The less money the telecoms can extort from us, the better.

$20 bucks isn't going to break the bank, especially for the convenience it offers.
  • Reply 68 of 76
    Quote:

gwmac clearly stated that you can send and receive SMS to and from an iPad with WiFi. No one has argued ? I've even defended ? that sending from and receiving a text message on dumb phone over the carrier ontrol channel is SMS.

Ive been arguing your statement that sms fails to be sms once it gets translated which is utterly false
  • Reply 69 of 76
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

Ive been arguing your statement that sms fails to be sms once it gets translated which is utterly false

No you haven't otherwise you wouldn't have then moved the goal posts to state only two dumb phones using Google Voice. And considering the the original comment was about an iPad with WiFi your comment is double wrong.
  • Reply 70 of 76
    Quote:

No you haven't otherwise you wouldn't have then moved the goal posts to state only two dumb phones using Google Voice. And considering the the original comment was about an iPad with WiFi your comment is double wrong.

The argument was messages sent from google voice still sms even going through ip.

You used the example of printing email and send usps and I replied it would be if usps then retyped that email and send it I received in my email in box. No argument from you cause your exampled failed.

You then tried to argue that sms had a certain protocol which made it sms with 160 character limits and that messages translated wasnt sms anymore. I explained that sms uses a few different protocols when dealing with PLMN or PSTN including tcp/ip. You were hung up last mile delivery methods only. You even introduce iMessage as an argument and how thats what google voice resembles and how notifications via email can never be SMS. Again you introduce arguments not made by me but yourself and argue against it. Again fail.
  • Reply 71 of 76
    Anyone want a beer before the next round?
  • Reply 72 of 76
    i want messages app (which is going to be release for ML which include other protocols like google talk, yahoo and other jabber) for iOS too… i want them to sync the same way they sync for iMessages for all the texts from mobile number msgs, google talk msgs, and all the other jabber protocols (if they can include msn too)…
  • Reply 73 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutykamu View Post

i want messages app (which is going to be release for ML which include other protocols like google talk, yahoo and other jabber) for iOS too?

You've forgotten AIM, which is the only thing they'd ever actually add to the iOS app.
  • Reply 74 of 76
    Quote:

You've forgotten AIM, which is the only thing they'd ever actually add to the iOS app.

i think if they will add AIM, surely they will add other IM client supports which right now ichat is having.

by the way i hate that iMessages doesn't syncs the messages which i get on my iPhone mobile number. i hope they will add that too.
  • Reply 75 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutykamu View Post

i think if they will add AIM, surely they will add other IM client supports which right now ichat is having.

But why? AIM and iMessage are the Apple systems. I don't want my iDevices bogged down with Google Talk crap, Facebook chat, Jabber, and anything else. The idea is to move everyone to iMessage and have free messages for everyone. Kill off AIM, Google, Facebook, Jabber, MSN, and even SMS in one fell swoop.

Quote:

by the way i hate that iMessages doesn't syncs the messages which i get on my iPhone mobile number. i hope they will add that too.

That's? a bug for you. It's supposed to do that; try resetting your accounts and setting them back up. Unless you mean 'doesn't sync my SMS', in which case of course it doesn't do that.
  • Reply 76 of 76
    Quote:

But why? AIM and iMessage are the Apple systems. I don't want my iDevices bogged down with Google Talk crap, Facebook chat, Jabber, and anything else. The idea is to move everyone to iMessage and have free messages for everyone. Kill off AIM, Google, Facebook, Jabber, MSN, and even SMS in one fell swoop.

I'm not following. AIM isn't an Apple system, it's just the first 3rd-party IM service that Apple teamed with and the one they actually colluded with insofar that @mac.com addresses could be used as AIM names.

As for being bogged down, you simply don't add the services you don't want to use just like in Adium or iChat/Messages.

Quote:

That's? a bug for you. It's supposed to do that; try resetting your accounts and setting them back up. Unless you mean 'doesn't sync my SMS', in which case of course it doesn't do that.

The solution is for users to switch from using their phone number to their email address for the iMessages Caller ID in Settings.