Mercedes-Benz to add Siri integration to new A-Class line

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    I don't know why it's just going to be in the little Benz. I'd love to have full iPhone with Siri integration in my E-Class AMG. Along with an accessible iPhone docking connection in the center console so the phone is always fully charged. I want to make calls hands-off and have the audio played through my car's stereo system which is auto-muted when calls are made or received.

Is that too much to ask, Mercedes?

I spend an incredible amount of time every day creeping along in traffic in a hands-off mobile phone state. Sure would be nice to manage calls, calendars, texts, restaurant look-ups, etc. via my Siri iPhone without having to wear an earbud.

Considering the late Steve Jobs' love of Mercedes-Benz cars, it's only fitting Mercedes make this a product-wide world-class integration.
  • Reply 22 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Will never own a mercedes. Don't like them. I do not like what they did to Chrysler. Kind of like what the Nazi's did to the Jews. Hostile take over stripped them of all valuable's (in this case chrysler was stripped of its good tech) and then dumped to die and sink to the bottom.

Also Mercedes owns Freight liner and put mercedes engines in the trucks and they were the worse ever and freight liner almost went belly up because of mercedes and their treatment of the US based company.

So who gives a rats ass what mercedes does.

You don't own any Apple stock, do you.

Sucks to be you.
  • Reply 23 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Felix01 View Post

I don't know why it's just going to be in the little Benz. I'd love to have full iPhone with Siri integration in my E-Class AMG. Along with an accessible iPhone docking connection in the center console so the phone is always fully charged. I want to make calls hands-off and have the audio played through my car's stereo system which is auto-muted when calls are made or received.

I spend an incredible amount of time every day creeping along in traffic in a hands-off mobile phone state. Sure would be nice to manage calls, calendars, texts, restaurant look-ups, etc. via my Siri iPhone without having to wear an earbud.

Considering the late Steve Jobs' love of Mercedes-Benz cars, it's only fitting Mercedes make this a product-wide world-class integration.

I think Mercedes feels that anyone that drives an E-class has a hot assistant sitting in the passenger seat to do such mundane tasks.
  • Reply 24 of 43
    megamega Posts: 16member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

That's a car? Where the hell is the rest of it?

The rest of it is in the Factory, if the driver wants to upgrade to a better/4G experience then he should mail this to get the rest of it fitted.
  • Reply 25 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Felix01 View Post

Have you got any idea on the development cycles in the automotive industry ? Their development needs to tie into a (published) API from the OS too and has to be robust and instant on. Now integrating this into a real time OS is actually quite a challenge, that is why retrofitting won't work. Unless you want your car to be powered by Linux or Windows. I excluded OSX as their near annual release cycle is way too short for corporate environments
  • Reply 26 of 43
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Market_Player View Post

Here is a hot clue for you mate, Chrysler never had ANY good technology, none, that is why Daimler kicked them to the curb, because they sucked, there was nothing to strip from Chrysler accept numbers off balance sheets from black into red ink; Chrysler was a complete deadweight company.

Fiat jumped into bail them out just like our governments had to... waste of money.

If Chrysler had nothing to offer, then what does that make Mercedes for going through with the deal?
  • Reply 27 of 43
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

In related news, Android integration now comes standard with a new line of luxury automobiles. These cars are currently very popular in Greece, for some strange, unexplained reason.

In the above photo we see a proud car owner racing to get home in time to root his phone.

LOL, that is funny.

I do hate the constant mentions of Android in these forums though. It make me wonder however why you guys use iPhones because you seem obsessed with mentioning Android.
  • Reply 28 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

That's a car? Where the hell is the rest of it?

It's a Peel P50, made in the early 60s on the Isle Of Man and is still the record holder for "worlds smallest production car"...

They had some fun with one on Top Gear a couple of series ago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfSS0ZXYdo
  • Reply 29 of 43
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Mercedes-Benz has announced comprehensive integration between Apple's iPhone and its new A-Class line of vehicles, including support for the Siri virtual assistant found in the iPhone 4S.

I haven't seen a price, but assume it will be around $30 K like the competition. That means Motorola wants $6,750 (2.25%) per car. Awesome.

Quote:

In related news, Android integration now comes standard with a new line of luxury automobiles. These cars are currently very popular in Greece, for some strange, unexplained reason.

In the above photo we see a proud car owner racing to get home in time to root his phone.

Very nice - and accurate.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MHD View Post

You need to get off your holier than thou trip, Walmart's electronics section is like a mini-Apple store. And the A class is like the Walmart of Mercedes.

What's your point? Still upset because Mommy and Daddy won't buy you a nice car?
  • Reply 30 of 43
    Wow, that interior is of a MERCEDES??? It looks like it belongs to a Dodge or Pontiac. That's terrible looking! Is that screen just clipped on to the dash or something?

Ford should get their Sync system working better with Apple and integrate Siri. It sort of works now, in that if you initiate Siri on the phone you can use the hands free microphone to talk, and listen over the car speakers. It weirdly thinks you are making a phone call to yourself during this. It would be nice if they could get the steering wheel buttons to work with it.
  • Reply 31 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

I think Mercedes feels that anyone that drives an E-class has a hot assistant sitting in the passenger seat to do such mundane tasks.

That's a standard feature of the car.
  • Reply 32 of 43
    mhdmhd Posts: 63member
    What does my car have to do with the fact that tard wannabes want to believe that their Walmart-chic luxury item is a Ferrari?

• Reply 33 of 43
    I'd rather just snap my iPhone onto my dash and have one device.

Which is what I do with my Chevy right now.

Nothing against Mercedes, but I don't need that smart of a car, when I have the smartness in my pocket.
  • Reply 34 of 43
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

I'd rather just snap my iPhone onto my dash and have one device.

Which is what I do with my Chevy right now.

Nothing against Mercedes, but I don't need that smart of a car, when I have the smartness in my pocket.

I think that's what they're talking about. You will continue to use your own iPhone, but the interface will be better integrated with the car. At least, that's what I get from "will combine with a Drive Kit Plus for iPhone to incorporate the smartphone with the car's multimedia system"

I doubt if you even have to snap it into the dash - it will probably use Bluetooth.
  • Reply 35 of 43
    Quote:

Too Funny!
  • Reply 36 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MHD View Post

What does my car have to do with the fact that tard wannabes want to believe that their Walmart-chic luxury item is a Ferrari?

Because Apple products ARE like Ferraris. If you own an Apple product, even an iPhone 3GS that you got for free, you are just like the people who own a Ferrari.

The best that any Android device can claim is that they are like a Porsche. Or a Mercedes. Or one of those pseudo-luxury BMWs. Not nearly as prestigious as a Ferrari.

People who own a white 13 inch Macbook can reasonably look down on Porsche and Mercedes owners, because they own a Ferrari-like product.
  • Reply 37 of 43
    Ive been wanting these Apple products integrated in cars after dealing with Microsoft's sync systems in Fords. It's absolutely terrible
  • Reply 38 of 43
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikepro View Post

Wow, that interior is of a MERCEDES??? It looks like it belongs to a Dodge or Pontiac. That's terrible looking! Is that screen just clipped on to the dash or something?

It's the A class, which is basically a Smart car with a 3-point star on it, what do you expect?
  • Reply 39 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auxio View Post

It's the A class, which is basically a Smart car with a 3-point star on it, what do you expect?

I'm surprised that Apple, the Ferrari of telephones, would allow their brand to be so debased. That thing ain't no Ferrari!
  • Reply 40 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

LOL, that is funny.

I do hate the constant mentions of Android in these forums though. It make me wonder however why you guys use iPhones because you seem obsessed with mentioning Android.

Sure, let's agree to talk about Windows Phail 7 instead