Inside OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion: a Preview of how Apple is improving file renaming

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    Wouldn't it be nice with a ?Reveal In Finder? feature in the open/save dialogs?
  • Reply 62 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

This is not a serious comment, right? Where will I find the space for a few kb of images on my 500 GB HDD?

OS' should be getting slimmer, not fatter. Every little helps.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

OS' should be getting slimmer, not fatter. Every little helps.

Which universe have you lived in for the last 30 years?

Out of hundreds of OS releases from all vendors, how many times has a version been slimmer than the previous version?
  • Reply 64 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Which universe have you lived in for the last 30 years?

Out of hundreds of OS releases from all vendors, how many times has a version been slimmer than the previous version?

I did say 'should'?
  • Reply 65 of 65
    matt_smatt_s Posts: 300member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by malax View Post

All in all, these changes look like good ones. Count me among the many who have been more than a little challenged by the loss of the old familiar Save and Save As... options.

Agreed, and the more I read about ML the more anxious I am to have it get here, now that it appears that many of the iOSification elements & crap apps can be turned-off. Just having the damn scroll bars beefed up to make them more responsive is worth $30 right there! Moose, Rocco, help the Judge find his checkbook!!! I'm getting tired of having to Option-drag a scroll bar in Lion's Mail, in order to get some finer granularity in the scrolling.

Regarding Save & Save As, IMHO these were both non-existent problems which got "fixed" by Auto Slave and Versions, regardless of whether they wanted or needed the fix or not. We get a decade of hearing about how remarkably stable OS X is, and then, we get Auto Slave & Versions so we don't lose our data when our remarkably stable OS crashes. Right. I call BS. It's all about iCloud and driving revenue. The more data Apple can drive to their cloud services, the deeper they can reach into our pockets.

Too bad Apple won't use the 3 levels of Users built into OS X. Managed with Parental Controls would be the option for children, auto saving all their precious little documents; Standard would be Apple's goal of turning your $2500 Mac into a $49 cell phone; and Administrator would be Snow Leopard with more manly scroll bars.