Apple highlights creation of 514,000 jobs in America

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 164
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I just love how the free housing market turned out without regulations.

The housing crash happened BECAUSE of interference in the housing market. People who could not afford housing were given loose credit by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, flush with money and a directive from the federal government to get people into houses... Which was obviously a very bad idea. Every time a free market is interfered with, or the forces of competition are blocked, the results are catastrophic.
  • Reply 162 of 164
    rednivalrednival Posts: 331member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

The housing crash happened BECAUSE of interference in the housing market. People who could not afford housing were given loose credit by banks flush with money and a directive from the federal government to get people into houses... Which was obviously a very bad idea.

Uh oh...trying to convince a liberal they are wrong with facts and common sense.

What are you thinking?
  • Reply 163 of 164
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rednival View Post

Uh oh...trying to convince a liberal they are wrong with facts and common sense.

What are you thinking?

I've met my share of intelligent self-identifying liberals. I don't blame the politics, I blame the individual because the information is all out there and it's the way it's interpreted that has gotten people into trouble.
  • Reply 164 of 164
    rednivalrednival Posts: 331member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I've met my share of intelligent self-identifying liberals. I don't blame the politics, I blame the individual because the information is all out there, but it's the way it's interpreted that gets people in trouble.

True. In all honesty I didn't mean to imply liberals are unintelligent. Simply that opinions like the one shared are often based more on emotion and not often swayed by facts.

Though it was mostly just a joke that could probably be said by liberals of conservatives (of course I'd disagree but perspective is everything).