Lion 10.7.3 HP driver update KEEPS REPEATING

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi eveyone,

I have been having a very strange issue with my Brand new Macbook Pro 2011 (13inches Intel Core I5 2.3 GHz, 8gb ram, 500 gb hard disk, intel hd 3000 graphics card) running lion 10.7.3.

This computer is only 2 months old, I yesterday tested Mountain lion for half an hour on a separate partition then deleted it.

I definitely saw an improvement in performance, booting time etc,,

Now my little new problem is:

everytime I check apple software for updates I get the HP driver update (precisely HP Printer software update 2.8) which I have installed something like 4 TIMES, SO BASICALLY the update keeps repeating itself eternally.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

And if yes what is wrong?

Cheers

MIrco

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Ditto on this issue.

I'm still running Mountain Lion and the HP Printer Software update keeps getting detected through Software Update/App Store.

Would also appreciate some wisdom from anybody who may know how to resolve this.

Cheers!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I get this too. Every day, the App Store application thinks I need to update these drivers.

Annoying.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sharpcolorado View Post

I get this too. Every day, the App Store application thinks I need to update these drivers.

Annoying.

I've just heard that in the next few days developers will be getting access the next version of Mountain Lion so hopefully this issue may be addressed shortly.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    lyrricklyrrick Posts: 1member
    OMG I thought this was only happening to me. what the heck is going on?1
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lyrrick View Post

OMG I thought this was only happening to me. what the heck is going on?1

This issue has been resolved for me by updating to the latest developer preview release 2.0 of Mountan Lion.
  • Reply 6 of 6

Delete /Library/Printers/hp/Frameworks/HPSmartX.framework and reinstall the HP update

Will work for all such problems