Where is Apple's live stream?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Afaik the announcement of the new iPad and iOS is happening at this very moment. But, unlike with dozens of previous new product announcements, I can't find the live stream.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Because there isn't one. Because they don't do that. They did it in the 90s and they've tried it recently, but it hasn't worked out.

It will be posted later this evening.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because they don't do that.

Huh? Where did you get that idea?

I've seen Jobs do it ? live ? dozens of times. Especially in this century! The last time he did it he announced the 4S like that! Or have you already forgotten that too?

And after a couple dozen of those live announcements ? "one more thing" ? you say they've decided to not do it anymore "because it doesn't work"...? That doesn't make sense.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlvarezLuis View Post

Huh? Where did you get that idea?

I've seen Jobs do it – live – dozens of times.

From five to seven, I believe. Not "dozens".

Quote:

The last time he did it he announced the 4S like that! Or have you already forgotten that too?

It's entirely possible that I have. But I just searched and no such thing seems to have happened. If you have a link to anywhere talking about an official Apple live stream for that event, I'd be glad to hear it.

Quote:

And after a couple dozen of those live announcements

Again, it was not even a single dozen.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Even if it had been 'only' a dozen times your 'explanation' still doesn't make sense: they would have decided after 1 or 2 times that it didn't work for them, and stopped doing it. But they didn't. They kept going. They launched – LIVE – all of the iPhone and iPad iterations to date for instance. So it doesn't make sense that they suddenly wouldn't do it now anymore.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

They launched ? LIVE ? all of the iPhone and iPad iterations to date for instance.

No, they HAVEN'T. That's just not true at all.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    You must have been under some rock then.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

I know for a fact that Apple has NOT live-streamed every iPhone and iPad event. I know this for a fact. You are WRONG. They have not done multiple dozens of live streams, even within the last decade.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:

No, Tallest Skill is right. They don't stream a live feed. They let you download it later in iTunes or stream it from apple.com later. If you want to see this live, you need to go to the event site at Yerba Buena Center.