iTunes 10.6 now available with support for 1080p video

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Typical iTunes with Windows. If you upgrade and restarted with an error window about SQLite3.dll, here's the solution. This happened before for x.x updates.

Quote:

By Allan123

This solved my question

Re: I see a AppleSyncNotifier.exe - Entry Point Not Found error when my PC starts.

Oct 4, 2011 4:17 PM (in response to ejrcpa)

With Windows Explorer, navigate to your C: \\Program Files\\Common Files\\Apple\\Apple Application Support folder.

Copy the SQLite3.dll that you should find there, navigate to the nearby Mobile Device Support folder, and Paste it in there also.

Reboot and see if all is well

In case that your OS is Windows 7 (64 bit)

1. Open windows explorer, go to location C: \\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Apple\\Apple Application Support

2. Copy file "SQLite3.dll"

3. Open new windows explorer, to to location C: \\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Apple\\Mobile Device Support

4. Paste file "SQLite3.dll" to the location.

5. Reboot your computer, it should not display that message, it should be clear.

• Reply 22 of 29
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrstep View Post

iTunes 10.6? Sounds like it should have skipped to iTunes 10.80

Damn, I slay me.

OK, what I actually want to know is whether this means it's now iPad2 level hardware or iPad3 level. I mean... new iPad, but newer than new iPad2.

we have a winner! and BTW i'm not being sarcastic!... geek humour.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    We finally have the option of 192Kbs and 256Kbps bitrates when transcoding audio for transfer to an iDevice.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The bitrate here won't be an issue much longer.

I can see Apple being the first to adopt HEVC once it's finalized and iTunes to be the first digital store to push HEVC content.

My stars, talk about your small file sizes. We could have twice the bitrate for 1080p content in the same size file. There's your quality for the quality freaks and your size for the… well, everyone since US "broadband" speeds are so pathetic.

Don't worry, Australia too is dropping down the OECD broadband list. But luckily the government has started mandating a rollout of fibre (National Broadband Network) that will initially wholesale 100mbps Level2 to resellers, with capacity for higher speeds down the track. This fibre is supposed to cover almost all of populated Australia, as opposed to the paltry fibre coverage even in major cities right now. LTE also has started for 5km from CBDs, and is expanding gradually. Stay on the ball, Australia! Let's not rely just on digging stuff up from the ground and selling it to China.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Also note the following regarding 1080p from iPad3:

~AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) at 720p

~AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV (3rd generation) at up to 1080p and Apple TV (2nd generation) at up to 720p

~Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple Digital AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)

As such I'll hold of on Apple TV 3 for now and go for iPad 3. Time to pre-order, BRB.

Edit: Boom! For the first time ever in my life, I have actually been able to pre-order an Apple product and expect to receive it at the same time as the USA. Gawd Bless Australia. Gawd Bless America.

Thanks for the info on the file sizes, I went ahead and got a 16GB iPad Retina WiFi, white. Will sit nicely next to my 16GB iPad 2 Wifi, white. Finally also got decent broadband, 15mbps download. Now I can finally have first world problems like watching a whole season of Big Bang Theory in one night and then cry the next day of having to wait months for the new season. Finally I can find out what the heck all this "Cloud" stuff is whereby you can get by with a 16GB iPad 1/2/3 and not be hunting for 64GB SD cards and what not. Gawd Bless Western Civilisation.

As for Android, I'm sorry, but this year, no dice. I tried to keep in touch with developments there but, ah, forget it.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Check this interesting stuff out about iPad 2 1080p output:

"AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV support at 720p

Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple Digital AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)

Video out support at 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cables sold separately)

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format"
  • Reply 27 of 29
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Edit: Boom! For the first time ever in my life, I have actually been able to pre-order an Apple product and expect to receive it at the same time as the USA. Gawd Bless Australia. Gawd Bless America.

10 countries zero day, 25 more countries day 7. That's unbelievable for this scale.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 11thIndian View Post

I think we should wait to see some side-by-sides of similar frames before judging the quality of the encoding.

I'm not judging it, I'm just commenting on the bitrate in comparison to where many quality fanatics claim is an 'appropriate' bitrate. And then talking exclusively about HEVC in relation to file sizes and apparent bitrate.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Now we need HD sound and 1080p/24.