888.com can leave cookies even when you have Safari set to "Block Always"

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
How is this possible?

I'm running 5.1.3, but this has been the case for a while now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    The same way Google did it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The same way Google did it.

That's not what Google did.

Google got through "Block Cookies From third parties and advertisers". This is a bit different and far more serious.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Google got through "Block Cookies From third parties and advertisers". This is a bit different and far more serious.

I imagine the process is the same, though. But it's probably a Safari error this time, given that it's not supposed to be accepting anything.

I've notice that in Safari 5.2, "block from third-parties" is completely broken in the sense that it doesn't save your preference. Every time you open Safari's preferences, it's automatically set back to "Accept All". Guess they're ignoring the problem instead of fixing it.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I've notice that in Safari 5.2, "block from third-parties" is completely broken in the sense that it doesn't save your preference. Every time you open Safari's preferences, it's automatically set back to "Accept All". Guess they're ignoring the problem instead of fixing it.

Where did you get Safari 5.2 ?

The latest Mac version is 5.1.3 from what I can see. And I don't have that issue you described.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Where did you get Safari 5.2 ?

Ah, it's Mountain Lion. I think 5.2 is also available standalone from the developer site.

Quote:

The latest Mac version is 5.1.3 from what I can see. And I don't have that issue you described.

Good. Although that doesn't make much difference, given that 'block ad cookies' doesn't work at all, anyway.