• Reply 21 of 121
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

SD card slot is the new Adobe Flash.

Real photographers use Compact Flash.
  • Reply 22 of 121
    jkovachjkovach Posts: 18member
    Just received an e-mail that my 64G Black WiFi iPad shipped via FedEx. I placed my order around 12:45 Pacific Time on launch day.
  • Reply 23 of 121
    ko024ko024 Posts: 68member
    what do you think the base model, 16GB wifi only ($499), will go for on ebay..??
  • Reply 24 of 121
    chuckdchuckd Posts: 34member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I'm so confident, that I just bought AAPL @545. I'm hoping for a little rally towards the end of the day. 1 hour left to go.

NASDAQ should just calculate Apple stock price in number of iPads.

AAPL

Price per share: 1.09 iPads

Market Cap: 1.01B iPads
  • Reply 25 of 121
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post

NASDAQ should just calculate Apple stock price in number of iPads.

AAPL

Price per share: 1.09 iPads

Market Cap: 1.01B iPads

Yep, for each AAPL that I buy, I think that I could have bought an iPad instead. An iPad is great of course, but 1 AAPL is even better, as it only increases in value.
  • Reply 26 of 121
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

They said the same thing about the iPhone 4S. Seems to me that all the braying from the nay-sayers is a good sign.

No, you have it wrong. Samsung says that the Note is a better comparison to the iPad than the Tab. And since the Note allows you to have 2 apps side-by-side and has a stylus, it's a better content creation device than the iPad.

And people accuse Apple of having a reality distortion field? Really?

... but but ... you can make phone calls with the Note...
  • Reply 27 of 121
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

That resolution improvement may not matter much for video, or even pictures... but for those of us with the ability (and desire) to read text, its HUGE.)

For those of us who want to be able to create and save files, the additional resolution does nothing to improve our user experience. Every two bit crapware app on the device has its own sandbox. Why doesn't the owner of the device also get a small sandbox that they can use to save files to? Every stupid app can have access to the camera roll except Safari.

Not being able to upload a photo to a website is a major pain in the ass. Every content management platform now has to have their own iOS app just because you cannot upload photos through the browser. That is why we have a Craigslist app, a Wordpress app, a Facebook app, a match.com app etc, etc. Why? Simply because you cannot get at your photos from within the browser. This crap is annoying. Do people really think this is a better system than a real computer?
  • Reply 28 of 121
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    The iPad is a fad. It will never replace net books.

Apple missed the boat big time.
  • Reply 29 of 121
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnnyb0731 View Post

Not just a styus but a pressure senstive styus as the ipad can only detect one pressure

The iPad doesn't detect pressure... it creates pressure... on the other guys to create something worthwhile.
  • Reply 30 of 121
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I'm so confident, that I just bought AAPL @545. I'm hoping for a little rally towards the end of the day. 1 hour left to go.

IMO the stock is too high atm. I have only 1 MAY call and several puts (I am shorting it). I expect a market correction.

And Apple almost always go down on monthly expiration week. I am hoping for a re-entry point at a lower price before the april earnings rally.
  • Reply 31 of 121
    Quote:

I am not aware of the iPad detecting any pressure.

Yeah I know, it's just what Samsung was harping on in that email they sent out to the press
  • Reply 32 of 121
    I got my order in around 9:30 this morning (mountain time) and got shipping for March 16 on a black 32 GB wifi only.

I was quite happy when my boss poked his head in and told me to go ahead and order it. So nice when work buys me toys.
  • Reply 33 of 121
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

IMO the stock is too high atm. I have only 1 MAY call and several puts (I am shorting it). I expect a market correction.

And Apple almost always go down on monthly expiration week. I am hoping for a re-entry point at a lower price before the april earnings rally.

Yes, it's near the ATH. I wasn't looking to go long though.

I was just looking to make a quick trade, buy high, and then sell a little higher. I recently got my account upgraded without any limits on it, so I'm just having a bit of fun and getting used to not having any trading limits.
  • Reply 34 of 121
    ko024ko024 Posts: 68member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Good luck with that... This is a different kind of run... The smart money knows a dividend is coming, and it seems the market is finally realizing how cheap aapl really is... Notice even the minor pullbacks have created swift and powerful buying, bringing aapl right back up... I just do not see much downside here, maybe 530s, but not much lower... like I said... good luck..!!!
  • Reply 35 of 121
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ko024 View Post

Good luck with that... This is a different kind of run... The smart money knows a dividend is coming, and it seems the market is finally realizing how cheap aapl really is... Notice even the minor pullbacks have created swift and powerful buying, bringing aapl right back up... I just do not see much downside here, maybe 530s, but not much lower... like I said... good luck..!!!

If I get 530 I will covered some puts and start some buying but I am hoping for 500 if there is a market correction. Beware of fast moves up, it may trigger a sharp correction and once its started the stop lost makes it go down very fast. This is why I always have a few puts with my calls.
  • Reply 36 of 121
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    I'm really interested to see the sales performance of the new iPad compared to the iPad 2 during the same time. Should be interesting. They probably have alot more supply too, just like the 4S. Looking forward to some sales figures. Not gonna pre-order, hoping I can just walk into an Apple store and grab one sometime in the next couple weeks.
  • Reply 37 of 121
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

SD card slot is the new Adobe Flash.

+1 Yep, you got that right.
  • Reply 38 of 121
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Donathius View Post

I got my order in around 9:30 this morning (mountain time) and got shipping for March 16 on a black 32 GB wifi only.

I was quite happy when my boss poked his head in and told me to go ahead and order it. So nice when work buys me toys.

Where do you work?
  • Reply 39 of 121
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

The iPad is a fad. It will never replace net books.

Apple missed the boat big time.

Why the slapppy impression?
  • Reply 40 of 121
    Where' Slither... err I mean Zither? We need an obtuse comment from it yet.