Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Nostalgggia.

Slappy still banned?
  • Reply 43 of 121
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

IMO the stock is too high atm. I have only 1 MAY call and several puts (I am shorting it). I expect a market correction.

And Apple almost always go down on monthly expiration week. I am hoping for a re-entry point at a lower price before the april earnings rally.

I am fairly certain that Apple][ didn't buy to day-trade like you..... (not that there's anything wrong with that; but, good luck).
  • Reply 44 of 121
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Yes, it's near the ATH. I wasn't looking to go long though.

I was just looking to make a quick trade, buy high, and then sell a little higher. I recently got my account upgraded without any limits on it, so I'm just having a bit of fun and getting used to not having any trading limits.

Oh, I was wrong, I guess... I'll leave you two to carry on. \
  • Reply 45 of 121
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JJJameson View Post

But it only sells well because of reality distortion fields and because the purchasers are a bunch of iSheeple! It's clearly inferior to the Galaxy Tab with its superior.... um....umm...its superior...sd slot?

On that note: does the camera adapter/sd card reader provide "sd slot" functionality?
  • Reply 46 of 121
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

On that note: does the camera adapter/sd card reader provide "sd slot" functionality?

Yes... for uploading images and videos.
    Quote:

iPad and the Camera Connection Kit support standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW, along with SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4.

• Reply 47 of 121
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Oh, I was wrong, I guess... I'll leave you two to carry on. \

Actually, I did.

I couldn't resist messing around for a moment.

I will also be going long on AAPL, but I just needed some quick excitement today.
  • Reply 48 of 121
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Slappy still banned?

Yes, permanently.
  • Reply 49 of 121
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Yes and with some additional software you can transfer more than just pictures and video.
  • Reply 50 of 121
    As of last night in the UK, it now says 'Dispatched in 2-3 weeks'. Very glad I got my pre-order in with delivery on the 16th!
  • Reply 51 of 121
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Clearly this is an attempt by Apple to create an illusion that supply is scare so that customers will order in droves(out of fear that they won't get one for months).

I can't make this stuff up, people.

Yes you just did. You don't know what their supply constraints are. They are releasing in more countries than they ever had before.
  • Reply 52 of 121
    I ordered mine upon announcement and my order is still processing...but it says delivered on March 16th.
  • Reply 53 of 121
    minicaptminicapt Posts: 219member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

For those of us who want to be able to create and save files, the additional resolution does nothing to improve our user experience. Every two bit crapware app on the device has its own sandbox. Why doesn't the owner of the device also get a small sandbox that they can use to save files to? Every stupid app can have access to the camera roll except Safari.

Not being able to upload a photo to a website is a major pain in the ass. Every content management platform now has to have their own iOS app just because you cannot upload photos through the browser. That is why we have a Craigslist app, a Wordpress app, a Facebook app, a match.com app etc, etc. Why? Simply because you cannot get at your photos from within the browser. This crap is annoying. Do people really think this is a better system than a real computer?

That is a major problem with Apple: its complete and utter refusal to accommodate persons with special needs.

Cheers
  • Reply 54 of 121
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    By the way, the "new iPad" not to be called the iPad3 according to Apple, is actually a "Prequel iPad" which follows Hollywood's penchant for stretching out a winning series. Ergo: iPad1 - iPad2 (the sequel) - iPad (the prequel). What's next? Prototype iPad, In Utero iPad, Blastocyst iPad, or just: Steve Job's "Early Wet-Dream iPad? Possibilities are almost limitless!
  • Reply 55 of 121
    2 Pad 2 Furious?
  • Reply 56 of 121
    neo42neo42 Posts: 287member
    I ordered mine wednesday after announcement, but don't think I am excited enough to get in on the circle-..thing going on in this thread. I'm still worried I will try to do something simple that I do everyday on my touchpad, but won't be able to do on the new iPad. What? Something I can't do on an iPad you say? Surely I jest? No, I don't. That simple little thing is download a torrent file on the pad and immediately uploading it to the Transmission web interface on my server. What's that you say? Just grab a link and submit to Transmission that way? No go when you have to be authenticated to grab the link. I guess I could just remote into my server and do it that way? Or maybe not, cause remote desktop seems to fail cause of my dual monitors
  • Reply 57 of 121
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

By the way, the "new iPad" not to be called the iPad3 according to Apple, is actually a "Prequel iPad" which follows Hollywood's penchant for stretching out a winning series. Ergo: iPad1 - iPad2 (the sequel) - iPad (the prequel). What's next? Prototype iPad, In Utero iPad, Blastocyst iPad, or just: Steve Job's "Early Wet-Dream iPad? Possibilities are almost limitless!

How about it's just an iPad. Ya know like the MBA is an MBA no matter what version it is.
  • Reply 58 of 121
    Use iControlBits to do what you want with your torrent files.

Edit: nm it's removed from the store now. Glad I have it backed up.
  • Reply 59 of 121
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minicapt View Post

That is a major problem with Apple: its complete and utter refusal to accommodate persons with special needs.

Actually they are quite accommodating to people who have special needs for example their assistive technologies like Voice Over. The people who they fail to accommodate are those who actually have normal everyday computing needs. Those people have to jump through hoops to get anything done.
  • Reply 60 of 121
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

... Do people really think this is a better system than a real computer?

Are you aware that Apple still makes "real computers" also?

If the iPad doesn't suit your special needs, then perhaps a MacBook Air would suffice. Or do you also need an optical drive?... there's a MacBook Pro for that.