need help on contacting apple

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I bought an Ipod touch in August. The other day I pulled out the charger and a black piece fell out. As I compared it to my wife's ipod, I noticed it was the seating case to the charger. Since then, I havent been able to sinc nor charge it. I contacted apple and they had me ship it to them. I got it back and they said they wont exchange it because of water damage. This device hasnt seen water ever except maybe for a little rain on it. I think this was their excuse for not exchanging it, or making me sign up for their care plan. I don't want to pay for the care plan when I dont have to. This is a design or mechanical issue, not a water issue. I feel helpless. I now have a 300 dollar product that I cant do anything with.

All this to say, who can I talk to? Im sure their is someone that works for Apple that cares about their customers and their product. I need help or advice on what to do. Thank you all for your advice ahead of time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member
    You left it out in the rain?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

You left it out in the rain?

No. I meant from a little rain as you going out to car or into store. Your pants might get a bit wet. That's what I meant
  • Reply 3 of 10
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericcook View Post

I bought an Ipod touch in August. The other day I pulled out the charger and a black piece fell out. As I compared it to my wife's ipod, I noticed it was the seating case to the charger. Since then, I havent been able to sinc nor charge it. I contacted apple and they had me ship it to them. I got it back and they said they wont exchange it because of water damage. This device hasnt seen water ever except maybe for a little rain on it. I think this was their excuse for not exchanging it, or making me sign up for their care plan. I don't want to pay for the care plan when I dont have to. This is a design or mechanical issue, not a water issue. I feel helpless. I now have a 300 dollar product that I cant do anything with.

All this to say, who can I talk to? Im sure their is someone that works for Apple that cares about their customers and their product. I need help or advice on what to do. Thank you all for your advice ahead of time.

You have to be careful when you use expensive products like what you own and not have rain dropping down on your Ipod.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

I guess you are as frustrated as others have been that water damage excludes you from getting an unrelated repair within the normal warranty period.

I know I would be so I am pretty careful with covers and cases but hindsight is a wonderful thing and rarely helpful to those who have already suffered misfortune.

All I was going to suggest is that you take your device to an independent repairer, there are lots about in the UK and in China so I am guessing that there are plenty in your locale as well.

They can't do anything for your moisture detecters but that isn't you main problem now, it is getting some usage out of your machine.

I would guess that for a relatively small (compared to junking the device anyway!) fee they can sort out your problem.

Best of luck.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

I would call Apple in Cupertino Ca. There #is 408-996-1010 Good luck
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Hi

You can find this info by using search box in the top of website with some keywords related before posting questions.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thu062012 View Post

Hi

You can find this info by using search box in the top of website with some keywords related before posting questions.

It is no big deal if he asks where Apple is located.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: http://restaurantwaiter.info/cafe-wa...ob-description

Best regards.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    One thing that will really help you out with your spring cleaning is to invest in the right tools for organizing your home. If you don?t already have closet organizers, files for different documents and enough shelving, then spring is a good time to ma?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Hey, this is not a big issue, it does happens there is nothing to worry about. I would suggest you must visit some electrical appliance vendor who could help you out in this matter.