HBO agrees to allow Universal, Fox movies on Apple's iCloud

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Why would you want to mirror the AppleTV to the iPad? That seems redundant. Everything that's available for streaming on the AppleTV is already on the iPad. Unless you're talking about streaming from your local computer, in which case it would make more sense to release an app that duplicates that functionality.

You can't stream iTunes videos on your iPad, you can only download them. Maybe someone wants to stream that content on their iPad rather than store it.
  • Reply 42 of 57
    dualiedualie Posts: 334member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

The a la carte plan is sometimes referred to as the Platinum Plan. You pay $150 a month and then you pick any of the channels you want for no additional fee along with complementary Internet. </s>

That's a ridiculous price to pay for the, maybe, four channels I want/need. I'd take HBO, NFL Network, ESPN, CNN, and, if the cable company was TRULY interested in serving the needs of its customers, Al Jazeera and CBC. That's it. I'm not gonna pay for all the other crap they foist on us. I can get local HD channels over the air for free.
  • Reply 43 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

I had a feeling they would work out something like this.

A couple of things are going on here:

1. I have not seen a breakdown of how HBO's iTunes Store license revenue compares to its other revenue streams, but it is likely significant. HBO doesn't want to jeopardize the relationship with Apple over the issue of whether consumers can re-download something they bought a year ago.

2. Even if HBO does not eventually sell access to current content directly to consumers, i.e., without requiring them to go through a cable/satellite provider, it certainly improves their bargaining position with cable carriers that they have a good relationship with Apple.

3. HBO wants to keep its options open to license its shows through Apple's forthcoming subscription product without having to go through the cable/satellite providers.

When Apple launches its TV content package, I'll be curious to see if the pricing is for a package with extra charges for HBO/Showtime or if there will be a smaller base package with a lot of a la carte pricing.
  • Reply 44 of 57
    Agreed, look over it twice and I agree with you on undreds of points. Also as for your speaker problem, considering what you just said, you also had to fit this into a medium span of time, as in a short time you can't scare someone, because tension must build up first. however letting tension build up, also gives bodies a chance to size up the situation furthermore letting tension build up

loss weight program
  • Reply 45 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

The dyke begins to crack ...

That's what S/HE said?
  • Reply 46 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ljocampo View Post

Maybe I'm too old to understand this but I don't see a pun. What pun are you talking about? A Dyke in this context means levee or wall. So I see no pun in it cracking. Even with the slang term meaning lesbian I still see no pun between the two usages.

Why don't you guys let this old timer in on the joke, if there is one.

Clue: "Crack" is also a slang term.
  • Reply 47 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Debatably the best TV Series I've ever seen. At the very least top 3. Casting could not have possibly been any better. Avon, Stringer, Omar, McNulty, etc. are perfect.

If you enjoyed The Wire, you might also enjoy Breaking Bad. They have a lot of the same elements and devices, and the quality is similar as well.

Great acting, great casting, great dialog and over-the-top plotting are combined to keep you glued to your seat. IMO, it is one of the best crime drama series ever made.
  • Reply 48 of 57
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buckeyestar View Post

You can't stream iTunes videos on your iPad, you can only download them. Maybe someone wants to stream that content on their iPad rather than store it.

I can understand wanting that, but wouldn't it be better for Apple to simply enable that option on the iPad instead of using AirPlay?
  • Reply 49 of 57
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Clue: "Crack" is also a slang term.

Can I put this to rest as I said it without any pun intended ... Read in the context of HBO relenting a little it seems pretty obvious I meant it in the 'water seeping through a levee' meaning ... as in this 'thing may burst open soon' as in 'iTunes may break into TV seriously one day in the near future' ... and my spelling of dyke was fine.

I hope that is clear enough for those with issues ...
  • Reply 50 of 57
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ljocampo View Post

Maybe I'm too old to understand this but I don't see a pun. What pun are you talking about? A Dyke in this context means levee or wall. So I see no pun in it cracking. Even with the slang term meaning lesbian I still see no pun between the two usages.

Why don't you guys let this old timer in on the joke, if there is one.

Thank you. You are correct there was no double meaning.
  • Reply 51 of 57
    flip75flip75 Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buckeyestar View Post

I don't post here, often but I need to correct you on this. You can stream videos on your iPad. I do this all the time. All you have to do is turn on Home Sharing in iTunes and then you can access your iTunes Video libery from the video app on your IOS device.
  • Reply 52 of 57
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GQB View Post

That HAD to be a misspelling because it makes no sense even as a bad pun.

sure it does. Re-read your children's stories.
  • Reply 53 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Am I(outside of Apple)) the only one who likes the new UI? I think it's awesome.

we love it here. you are not alone...
  • Reply 54 of 57
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

If you enjoyed The Wire, you might also enjoy Breaking Bad. They have a lot of the same elements and devices, and the quality is similar as well.

Great acting, great casting, great dialog and over-the-top plotting are combined to keep you glued to your seat. IMO, it is one of the best crime drama series ever made.

That's one of the other top 3 of mine. Mad Men is the other. All those shows are amazing.

If you are watching "the good wife" or "the mentalist" or "csi shaboygan", or really any network show.... You are only insulting your own brain.
  • Reply 55 of 57
    cutykamucutykamu Posts: 229member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post

we love it here. you are not alone...

glad to hear that… twice. i was waiting myself first to hear it from others that the new UI on apple tv is good so that nobody will make fun of me for saying that.

oh and now that i'm relaxed i think i can say that i like Lion much more than SL and can't wait for ML
  • Reply 56 of 57
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutykamu View Post

glad to hear that… twice. i was waiting myself first to hear it from others that the new UI on apple tv is good so that nobody will make fun of me for saying that.

oh and now that i'm relaxed i think i can say that i like Lion much more than SL and can't wait for ML

Lion is much better. The fact they can't sync their address books and calendars alone is reason to use it. I can't imagine going back. It keeps me completely organized.

The ATV interface just needs to mute to colors a hair more.
  • Reply 57 of 57
    cutykamucutykamu Posts: 229member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Lion is much better. The fact they can't sync their address books and calendars alone is reason to use it. I can't imagine going back. It keeps me completely organized.

The ATV interface just needs to mute to colors a hair more.

i agree and i can't imagine going back too on SL, in fact look forward to ML.