Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year

Comments

• Reply 41 of 134
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    . . .
  • Reply 42 of 134
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    It's the Apple television RemoteControl.
  • Reply 43 of 134
    ronboronbo Posts: 669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quite possible. Since the touch is declining year over year, this could be a way to bring more business to it... make it a bit bigger, Retina display, better for gaming...

This is an interesting notion. But it still runs afoul of the idea that either you've got touch targets that are the wrong size, or developers now have got to target a third screen size. Either route is problematic.

And it's entirely possible that all Samsung wants to do is disrupt Apple's market. Someone mentioned an NDA. But NDAs don't apply to bullshit that you make up.
  • Reply 44 of 134
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

What is? Sorry what you said is a very random post.
  • Reply 45 of 134
    I used a kindle fire once. Wanted to throw it against the wall... Too small!

Apple won't make something frustrating.

MHO
  • Reply 46 of 134
    How about apple getting rid of the border around the ipad. That should knock an inch off. Edge to edge active screen. No need for a third screen size.
  • Reply 47 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

That's what I think as well.
  • Reply 48 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

What is? Sorry what you said is a very random post.

Title: Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year

Comment from Palegolas: It's the Apple television RemoteControl.

Actually, not random at all.
  • Reply 49 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Netimoon View Post

Even if they hold a genuine info, the questions of whether they leak it as it is or not, is a different matter.

They lie everyday, thru local presses they practically own(being a majority shareholder, sponsorship, bribing to journalists, manipulating people by using Nationalism, etc..), which is about 98% of all media in Korea.

Want some examples?

"Steve Jobs admitted that Samsung Galaxy is better than iPhone, thus decided to sue Samsung for plagiarism."

"Samsung founder Mr. Lee taught Steve Jobs how to ruin a company in 1980s. And now Mr. Jobs turned Mr. Lee's favor into betrayal, suing Samsung."

"Apple is guilty of infringing Samsung's patents." (deliberately omitting that patents are under F.R.A.N.D. agreement)

"Several American media praised Samsung Galaxy over iPhone, saying that Galaxy is world's best smartphone." (I discovered the original posts and found out, they chose Samsung Galaxy as the best Android phone, not the best smartphone. There's a huge difference between two expressions.)

"iPhone fever in China is false. All the Chinese people waiting in line in front of Apple Store Shanghai are hired by Apple." (that was a misinterpretation by a Korean journalist. Some of that people were actually hired by other rich people who want iPhone on their hands first, not by Apple. But the journalist never published a correction. Guess why.)

"Steve Jobs was afraid of Samsung Galaxy, so decided to put Tim Cook on stage instead of himself. Thus he can blame Tim Cook's inadequacy for iPhone 4S' expected failure." (one day after this press is published, Mr. Jobs died. Then, this preposterous internet article magically disappeared, without any explanation.)

These are tiny evidence of actual article headlines published last year (there are a lot more). And most of Koreans believe what they read, with ignorance of our(Korean) presses are under Samsung's control. (exclude me and a few.)

This is why Republic of S.(south) Korea is actually pronounced as Republic of Samsung Korea(삼성공화국).

Mr. Lee taught Steve Jobs how to RUIN a company? Um, that's most probably a typo, but it's hilarious in its irony. (Not laughing at you for the typo itself--my fingers get ahead of my brain too.)
  • Reply 50 of 134
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Apple really needs to find other vendors fro the parts that Samsung now supplies, especially the processor and display. Taking that business elsewhere would negatively impact Samsung and could reduce some of the ridiculous FRAND litigation they are suing over.

On the other hand, Apple must not be reckless. As displayed with the new iPad's display, other vendors are simply not yet up to the challenge. I'd love to see Apple switch to Sharp for displays and TSMC for processors. Even though Sharp might compete with them in the mobile (and potentially, the TV ) arena, I don't think things would be as nasty as they are with Samsung.
  • Reply 51 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Title: Samsung official claims Apple plans to release 7.85-inch iPad this year

Comment from Palegolas: It's the Apple television RemoteControl.

Actually, not random at all.

Ah gotcha, I understand now. Sorry it's just most post have a lead in.
  • Reply 52 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kung Fu Guy View Post

How about apple getting rid of the border around the ipad. That should knock an inch off. Edge to edge active screen. No need for a third screen size.

Oh man I've wanted a borderless tablet for ever now. That would be the coolest. The nearest I've seen is on my Nokia N9 and Nokia Lumia 800. In fact it will probably be Nokia that comes out with the first borderless tablet when they release their Windows 8 tablet this year. Fingers crossed of course.
  • Reply 53 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

Apple really needs to find other vendors fro the parts that Samsung now supplies, especially the processor and display.

They would if they could. But they can't.

Apple is desperate. Nobody can match Samsung's quality.
  • Reply 54 of 134
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

Apple really needs to find other vendors fro the parts that Samsung now supplies, especially the processor and display. Taking that business elsewhere would negatively impact Samsung and could reduce some of the ridiculous FRAND litigation they are suing over.

On the other hand, Apple must not be reckless. As displayed with the new iPad's display, other vendors are simply not yet up to the challenge. I'd love to see Apple switch to Sharp for displays and TSMC for processors. Even though Sharp might compete with them in the mobile (and potentially, the TV ) arena, I don't think things would be as nasty as they are with Samsung.

Apple also needs to cough it up and pay for the development of some tech, so much effort, r and d, and money, is being placed on non reflective coatings for screens and apple just gets a great display and sticks on top a horrid untreated glass as on the iMacs? Are they going to start paying to develop any new tech or are they just content to see the small players coughing it up and antagonising for new technology while they go and appropriate it later on based on their clout and established product line up?
  • Reply 55 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wheat Thins View Post

I used a kindle fire once. Wanted to throw it against the wall... Too small!

Apple won't make something frustrating.

MHO

I know aren't they the worse pieces sh*tt. I would rather have some random Chinese plastic tablet for 200 bucks. At least with those I could do what I want with it and not feel like I was locked up in some room without windows.
  • Reply 56 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

Apple also needs to cough it up and pay for the development of some tech, so much effort, r and d, and money, is being placed on non reflective coatings for screens and apple just gets a great display and sticks on top a horrid untreated glass as on the iMacs? Are they going to start paying to develop any new tech or are they just content to see the small players coughing it up and antagonising for new technology while they go and appropriate it later on based on their clout and established product line up?

Wait what, Apple isn't using Gorilla Glass? That's insane, oh my gosh I was wondering why my iPad 2 scratches so easily. WTF, I'm sorry but this is a big, big mistake. Are you sure? I need to look this up, be back in a minute.

Edit:

Your right, they don't. I always assumed due to the price. You know what I have a few scratches on my iPad 2 that I never new how I got. My Asus Slider which has Gorillas Glass doesn't have a single scratch on it, I'm not abusive towards it but it is my main machine and it is in my bag everyday, still looks like the day I bought it. My Apple iPad which I baby has scratches all over it and I wipe it with a cloth. Man I should have known.

This really isn't right, I'm sorry but the iPad is the most expensive tablet on the market. You have Motorola now making all of their tablets water proof and scratch resistant but Apple says no, f*ck that.

Not nice Apple, not nice at all.
  • Reply 57 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

... an unnamed Samsung official allegedly told an Korean publication...

Wow, great journalism. Almost on par with the horrid investigative analysis of CNET. And for those crying NDA breach, get a life. This is a rumour and Samsung is not stupid enough to do this for fear of retribution.

"My friend knows a guy who knows a friend who may have said something.... NDA BREACH!"
  • Reply 58 of 134
    rmb0037rmb0037 Posts: 142member
    it just doesn't make sense for apple to release a 7" device. Apple redefined the portable market with the 9.7" screen. Everyone else decided to copy and say well, lets make it look like it...but make it 7". (Samsung Galaxy Tab? Remember?) I don't see apple doing this. To me it seems like they would be going backwards. They may, but i just don't see it. Same thing with the TV stuff. It just doesn't make sense. Apple TV will "suffice" for $99.
  • Reply 59 of 134
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rmb0037 View Post

it just doesn't make sense for apple to release a 7" device. Apple redefined the portable market with the 9.7" screen. Everyone else decided to copy and say well, lets make it look like it...but make it 7". (Samsung Galaxy Tab? Remember?) I don't see apple doing this. To me it seems like they would be going backwards. They may, but i just don't see it. Same thing with the TV stuff. It just doesn't make sense. Apple TV will "suffice" for $99.

Why? Your not thinking this threw, ok Apple has a 3.5" iOS device then the next step up is 9.7". Nothing in between. You might not understand but the millions of customers that Samsung, Barnes & Noble and Amazon sold 7" inch tablets to last year, do. I for one love my Samsung 7.7 tablet, best form factor ever, regardless of what Jobs thought. It fits nicely into my busy mobile life and a lot of other people agree as well. I get 12 hours of battery life out of my Samsung consistently, I charge it once every 3 days and it still has 30% on the charge when I do. So if Apple can match that, well they'll have one heck of a buying frenzy on their hands.
  • Reply 60 of 134
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    these 7.85″ tablets will come with iSandpaper, so that users can file down their fingers so they can use them.